3 hours ago, steelerian said:

20 years old,  and so far has been at:

Arsenal
Palace
Brighton
Brentford
Reading

Us

Am I being cynical, or does that raise a red flag somewhat?

Anyway, welcome to the madhouse young man.

Considering dons players join a club at 6 years old those clubs could span over 14 years 

then ones a loan move and one us us who he’s just signed for so you could argue 4 clubs in 14 years at youth level 

I really wouldn’t read too much into it 

seems like the clubs had a good look at him and they know they need to strengthen the under23s as many players are player above their age groups 

he might kick on and push for a first team place in a few years time he might not I don’t think there’s much risk in this 

anyhow 

welcome and good luck youngen 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

onen2.webp

Jayden Onen has joined Sheffield Wednesday after a successful trial spell.

The attacking midfielder has spent time this season training with the Owls and has featured on one occasion for Lee Bullen’s Under-23s.

During our 23s’ 1-1 draw with Coventry back in September, Onen registered an assist for Basile Zottos’ first half strike.

The 20-year-old began his early academy years with the likes of Arsenal, Crystal Palace and Brighton before joining Brentford B.

During his two years with the Bees from 2018 to 2020, Onen had a short loan spell with National League side Bromley in 2019.

The young forward spent last season with Championship side Reading and made two appearances for the Royals.

Onen will link up with our Under-23 squad, who face Hull City at Stocksbridge on Wednesday (12 noon k/o).

He told swfc.co.uk: “I’m delighted to get it all signed and sorted and my main focus is to get as fit as I can.

“I got a little taste of first team football last season with Reading and made my debut against Norwich - it’s made me hungry for more. I know what I need to do and where I want to be.

“I had a good week training here, spent time with the first team and the lads were very welcoming and now I just want to push on.

“I played in the game at Coventry and I thought we played really well that day, there were a lot of young lads from the club playing but they did well and now I can’t wait to get started.”

He is the Onen-Only

Started a thread about him while back. I picked him up ( taxi driver) took him to training ground. He said he was signing that day so don’t know why it’s taken so long ? He said reading had offered him a contract lower than he was on before because of their financial predicament.we have to get lucky with one of these kind of signings 

7 hours ago, steelerian said:

20 years old,  and so far has been at:

Arsenal
Palace
Brighton
Brentford
Reading

Us

Am I being cynical, or does that raise a red flag somewhat?

Anyway, welcome to the madhouse young man.

…….whose main focus is to get as fit as he can be!

See you in 9 months Jayden 😂

We build up our under 23 squad, then get rid of a few, and then sign a few again, then get rid of some.  None of them seem to ever make it as first team regulars.   What's with this u23's league.  Bloody waste of time if you ask me. 

Guest hirstysfags
17 hours ago, HootHoot said:

A lot of clubs for a youngster. 

Either he doesn't have what it takes or he's after more football. 

I hope he kicks on and we see what he's capable of.

I have to say, I do like the increased focus on youth at the club. It's a welcome change from signing washed-up has beens. (Berahino excluded of course) 

"kicks on"

cliche-tastic!