Chansiri totally ignored the fans engagement group

23 hours ago, Manwë said:

It's his business, he can do with it what he wants.

We wanted a foreign billionaire, we got it. Everything we ever wanted Chansiri has delivered.

The last thing we need now is fans saying what is bad for the fans.  Well done to Chansiri for ignoring the Panel.  It's a business, not a charity.

Who is 'we'?

I can categorically state I never wanted a foreign billionaire.

Definitely not one that has 'delivered' literally nothing (apart from relegation and the club worse off in literally every area).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, musingowl said:

Wow.

Best you could come back with is some nit picking over semantics.

OK, it was your QUESTION of whether people would still be financially struggling after Christmas.

I suggested back that many (not all) will have had several paydays since then, so this was a silly QUESTION.

A very silly one.

There you go. 

OK, thanks for putting me right. 

However, I've just read that January and February are the 2 months that people struggle most financially in a year, so just maybe it wasn't such "a very silly question" ?

16 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Oh come on my friend, that’s simply not true. So much negativity on OT. Again, I stress probably most of it understandable and justified but to deny it exists is bonkers. 

Buts thats a subjective opinion isnt it?....'negativity' is a loaded term....Is it negative to critique(as an example) an under performing team/player? or is it fair comment from a fan paying good money?...Ditto the subject of the thread......

Fans are the lifeblood of any Club,& our fans are expressing their displeasure at this ...

You describe this and other opinion as 'negativity'....others will describe it as fair comment & justified to boot..

Both opinions are just that,opinions....neither right or wrong...but its not a collective downer on here.....

Just people in the main forming the same conclusion about the Club,and being disappointed....

• Like 1

Guest Grandad

Can I just say a quick welcome to Owlstalk to the usual half dozen or so posters who have had an account on here for a couple of years - hardly posted anything in all that time - but suddenly rabidly defending the Chairman whos made a decision that has been roundly condemned not just by wednesdayites but football fans from all over the country.

Can I also save a little time by thanking you for your valued contributions over the next few days, and wish you a fond farewell for when you disappear never to be seen again before the end of the week.

(Its all a bit transparent guys)

On 03/12/2021 at 10:57, Manwë said:

It's his business, he can do with it what he wants.

We wanted a foreign billionaire, we got it. Everything we ever wanted Chansiri has delivered.

The last thing we need now is fans saying what is bad for the fans.  Well done to Chansiri for ignoring the Panel.  It's a business, not a charity.

Dont be so silly! What kind of business could possibly be run as badly as SWFC and still function? Of course it's a charity. We all throw as much money  as we can at it and then it asks for more.

5 hours ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Yep my feelings exactly.

I'm not going for the 'early bird' mainly because I'm disillusioned with lots of things that are SWFC at the moment.

For the first time in 20+ years I really don't know if I'll renew at all and just cherry pick games and POTG.

A feeling also echoed by the guys I go to games with.

Sad really.

I said after last Year i wouldn't see S6 again until the Chairman left..........going to be honest i was considering getting a half season ticket,until this (as play had improved & we had become more attacking)

Genuinely wonder if the season will die off anyway if there are any money issues,& missed player payments..

Fan loyalty is being taken for granted and i do wonder myself when more will say enough is enough....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owlinexile said:

Who is 'we'?

I can categorically state I never wanted a foreign billionaire.

Definitely not one that has 'delivered' literally nothing (apart from relegation and the club worse off in literally every area).

Same here. I do not think that foreign ownership of football clubs should be allowed at all. It is not in the best interest of the clubs, or the fans. 

• Like 1

You cannot really defend it due to the timing and the way it’s worked out,  your always gonna get people whinging about season tickets ,whatever or however there released, but this one’s quite clearly different and over the line 

It’s a huge error of judgement this one,  how much of it is directly down to the owner I’m still as always of late not entirely convinced ,  the fans engagement panel says they spoke to him directly over this and advised him against doing it ??   I think it’s complete guesswork who’s making the decisions and if it’s cash flow related,  it could blatantly just be an horrendous idea (which it is) but down to sheer incompetence and nowt else 

22 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

You cannot really defend it due to the timing and the way it’s worked out,  your always gonna get people whinging about season tickets ,whatever or however there released, but this one’s quite clearly different and over the line 

It’s a huge error of judgement this one,  how much of it is directly down to the owner I’m still as always of late not entirely convinced ,  the fans engagement panel says they spoke to him directly over this and advised him against doing it ??   I think it’s complete guesswork who’s making the decisions and if it’s cash flow related,  it could blatantly just be an horrendous idea (which it is) but down to sheer incompetence and nowt else 

Chansiri makes the decisions

The fans group told him to his face not to do it 

He did it anyway 

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

stand by our fans instead of noshing off a multimillionaire 

The irony is you probably point at Forest fans and shout scab at them too or criticise people of certain religions who won’t tolerate or allow anyone mentioning or criticising THEIR god too

Cool story bro 

Not standing by the moaning, entitled minority who hate the WAWAW mantra and prefer a more self centred approach. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Can I just say a quick welcome to Owlstalk to the usual half dozen or so posters who have had an account on here for a couple of years - hardly posted anything in all that time - but suddenly rabidly defending the Chairman whos made a decision that has been roundly condemned not just by wednesdayites but football fans from all over the country.

Can I also save a little time by thanking you for your valued contributions over the next few days, and wish you a fond farewell for when you disappear never to be seen again before the end of the week.

About as transparent as the attention seeking, self centred and entitled whinging from the anti-Chansiri, anti-WAWAW minority.  

Get t’lane.  

• Haha 2

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Bez said:

About as transparent as the attention seeking, self centred and entitled whinging from the anti-Chansiri, anti-WAWAW minority.  

Get t’lane.  

Oooooh its the Bez 'look at me, look at me trying to wind people up' show.

Bit boring nowadays lad. You need a different persona. Try being a Tory again - youve not done that one for a while.

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Same can be said for the anti Chansir posters who only tend to post on anti Chansiri threads.  

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Oooooh its the Bez 'look at me, look at me trying to wind people up' show.

Bit boring nowadays lad. You need a different persona. Try being a Tory again - youve not done that one for a while.

Better jump on the entitled bandwagon.  Oh no, there’s no space next to your ego. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Same can be said for the anti Chansir posters who only tend to post on anti Chansiri threads.  

Keep doffing your cap for your beloved leader if it makes you happy. 

• Like 2