Chansiri totally ignored the fans engagement group

46 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Interesting to read the article on YorkshireLive

The fans who (perhaps understandably) can see no positives at S6 choose to overlook that “The Owls released their pricing structure for next season with a freeze on all prices, allowing fans to potentially watch Championship football at League One prices if they are promoted.” Which seems a fair deal …. ?

Also, when the article states, “Equally, the price gradually increases the later into the month that supporters purchase next year's ticket, it could’ve been written, the earlier that supporters purchase their tickets, the cheaper the price. Same outcome, different interpretation … ?

Rob dog whichever way you look at it. It’s in his nature. 

• Like 1

Why are people surprised there’s a cash flow problem...when people are defending Moore they allways say ‘he’s cobbled together a squad of freebies and loan signings’...they fail to mention our wage budget is astronomical for an average 3rd division club..that’s why not being top 2 is not on..we are skint cus we are st8ll payin the players far too much..hence the cash grab announced thursday

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Totally agree 

This is only going one way...

We all believed the rot may have stopped, as stated by many above, there were good signs that the club was starting to turn a corner, in the absence of chancer, and the hope he would never return. 

I fear that we are slipping / tumbling towards a self imposed administration with this absolute taxi crash of a chairman in charge. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

When should the season tickets go on sale?

Think if they announced this a month ago and held the prices until February it would have cut the criticism in half.

Also really make an effort to repay people for the cancelled games in the 19/20 season.

Took me 15 months to eventually get my own money back,  really sticks in my throat how long it took and the club claiming cashflow problems while dishing out loads of generous contracts to players. This is the biggest reason I am holding on to my money at the moment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think if they announced this a month ago and held the prices until February it would have cut the criticism in half.

Also really make an effort to repay people for the cancelled games in the 19/20 season.

Took me 15 months to eventually get my own money back,  really sticks in my throat how long it took and the club claiming cashflow problems while dishing out loads of generous contracts to players. This is the biggest reason I am holding on to my money at the moment.

People would still complain that it's still close to Christmas.   I do agree that it should be later in the year though.  

17 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

When should the season tickets go on sale?

Whenever, really. Most clubs tend to stick with the spring, though.

As follow-up questions on your survey, may I suggest:

• how much notice should fans be given given so they can plan and manage their finances?
  • how long is a reasonable window before increasing the price?
  • how long is it reasonable to make supporters wait for money they're owed from the 2019-20 season?
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

• how long is it reasonable to make supporters wait for money they're owed from the 2019-20 season?

Should have been 3 months absolute maximum since asking for a refund, so October 2020.
I got refunds for plenty of other places for events, hotels, train tickets that were cancelled last summer within a reasonable time.
None of those were offering £1m per year contracts to people either while claiming they had cash flow problems.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yep my feelings exactly.

I'm not going for the 'early bird' mainly because I'm disillusioned with lots of things that are SWFC at the moment.

For the first time in 20+ years I really don't know if I'll renew at all and just cherry pick games and POTG.

A feeling also echoed by the guys I go to games with.

Sad really.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, musingowl said:

2 points from this, firstly, nobody is generally fussed about them being on sale at Christmas, rather that you're being financially punished with price increases after 13/12 if you don't renew instantly.

Secondly, I think it's rather silly to state people will still be struggling after Christmas when fans are so accustomed to these going on sale March/ April (or February in the last instance), that's at least 1, possibly 2 paydays after Christmas. Not saying everyone will be hunky dory, but you would assume the vast majority would be in a better place financially.

Your argument also doesn't factor that many people use the finance option available usually available, I certainly have in recent years. This is not an option at present. So if you can't find the cash upfront in 10 days time, sod ya, you're paying more.

Like some have said, if they put them on sale, said finance isn't an option at present but early bird prices won't change until February (or even offer a cheaper December rate, £20 or so now, with the price freeze on this seasons prices lasting until February), nobody would bat an eyelid.

Awful PR from Chansiri.

Just one point from this.

It's not  "my argument". The question marks sort of give it away so rather "silly" to state it is.

37 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Just one point from this.

It's not  "my argument". The question marks sort of give it away so rather "silly" to state it is.

Wow.

Best you could come back with is some nit picking over semantics.

OK, it was your QUESTION of whether people would still be financially struggling after Christmas.

I suggested back that many (not all) will have had several paydays since then, so this was a silly QUESTION.

A very silly one.

There you go. 

Edited by musingowl

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Cnansiri Defence League in full flow attacking Wednesday fans whilst defending a temporary multimillionaire who still owes our fans thousands and thousands of pounds from 2019

Bless ya 

In the voice of Detective John Kimble:

STOP WHINING 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bez said:

In the voice of Detective John Kimble:

STOP WHINING 

stand by our fans instead of noshing off a multimillionaire 

The irony is you probably point at Forest fans and shout scab at them too or criticise people of certain religions who won’t tolerate or allow anyone mentioning or criticising THEIR god too

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

For me the messaging is very easy to get right;

- Announce you’re doing this on November 1st. Over a months notice and capture 2 months of Christmas spending/planning, plus a pay day.

- Include finance options

- Pay the f*cking refunds 

Do all 3 of those and I think the reception to this is wildly different. Probably extremely positive. 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Manwë said:

It's his business, he can do with it what he wants.

We wanted a foreign billionaire, we got it. Everything we ever wanted Chansiri has delivered.

The last thing we need now is fans saying what is bad for the fans.  Well done to Chansiri for ignoring the Panel.  It's a business, not a charity.

22 hours ago, MrsHall said:

Bet you wouldn't be saying that if you had 2 adults and 2 kids to find.....glad to know it's not a London thing...UTO.

Or had a really rum time during the Covid period and had to spend all of your savings to keep afloat. 

I haven't followed this too closely, can I just clarify a couple of things?

1. When these season tickets went on sale, how much notice were fans given? Both from the announcement to the sale period starting, and the announcement to the lowest-price sale period ending?

2. Is it correct that if fans haven't got the money available for the initial sale period, which I believe ends before the middle of December, they will have to pay more money for their season tickets than a relatively more financially well-off fan who has got the money in their bank account?

3. Has there/will there be a generally recognised monthly pay day between the announcement of season tickets going on sale and the end of the lowest-priced sale period?