Chansiri totally ignored the fans engagement group

Jan/Feb comes....

Fans:- The prices are Disgusting I'm not paying that ( but fans pay it as SWFC is their life and have many social connections at games) 

Dc:- you can't complain, I put cheap ticket prices out for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome- SWFC get more money from fans that feel they have to fork out more money for their season tickets as football is tribal and fans are loyal. 

Fans don't count these days as its all about money as its a Business now. So sad. 

( this is my take and reflects in no way what those involved in swfc could be thinking) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kilnhurstowl said:

Jan/Feb comes....

Fans:- The prices are Disgusting I'm not paying that ( but fans pay it as SWFC is their life and have many social connections at games) 

Dc:- you can't complain, I put cheap ticket prices out for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome- SWFC get more money from fans that feel they have to fork out more money for their season tickets as football is tribal and fans are loyal. 

Fans don't count these days as its all about money as its a Business now. So sad. 

( this is my take and reflects in no way what those involved in swfc could be thinking) 

Yes Wednesday have many fans who are too loyal for they own good and will moan but will get a season ticket in the end.

But will be a small percentage who wont, keep chipping away at this over 3 or 5 years and you will find the hardcore support will have shrunk by half.
I am not as much as a dyed in the wool fan as I used to be and know several others who are the same.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

I’m not sure why this is a problem some would  argue the timing is great because it could make for a nice Christmas present 

It's more that he might be using next seasons s/t money to cover this season, that is the issue.

Well for me anyway.

The timing isn't great, but those that can afford it as an Xmas present. Then great.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
16 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I’m not sure why this is a problem some would  argue the timing is great because it could make for a nice Christmas present 

Agreed.. it does seem like the Sheffield mentality on a lot of things is to just moan and find fault and be negative no matter what’s suggested 

3 minutes ago, MrsHall said:

Bet you wouldn't be saying that if you had 2 adults and 2 kids to find.....glad to know it's not a London thing...UTO.

Why can’t you just renew when you normally do I’m assuming that’s the issue and you still had two adults two kids to find this year or last year when renewing? 

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

Why can’t you just renew when you normally do I’m assuming that’s the issue and you still had two adults two kids to find this year or last year when renewing? 

I was really making a point about the attitude of that other post, and the fact that some people will be struggling for cash one way or another, and its just wrong for the club to do this. I just have my own to find, but that post got up my nose badly...so I thought I would stick it in. UTO.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Ignored or listened and not done as told/advised?

Some will see this as unaffordable due to the close proximity to Christmas and some will see it as perfect timing for a present. You don't have to buy one before Christmas anyway, I'm sure it stretches until January and then you'll still be able to buy one right up to next season.

With regards to affordability a seat that cost me £455 three seasons ago now costs £365. 

Chansiri has his faults but he can't be accused of driving fans away when statistics show an increase in active fans since his arrival. For example the last time we were in League one we got over 16K on a Saturday against MK Dons, this season we got over 18k against MK Dons on a Tuesday night.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My take is they have done this full well in the knowledge the majority of people will have to buy their season tickets in the new year. That way the club can say they did freeze the tickets but most people will buy them around the same time as they did the year before but have to pay 50 quid more. The club make more money and no one can throw you upped the price because instant response they were frozen just buy it earlier. 

I would argue is it any better for people that can afford it its still money out of your account a month earlier. 

What is that going to help the club. I'm unsure about cash flow  because as DC has mentioned the fans money pays for nothing.

Long story sort my opinion club trying to pull wool over eyes of fans by claiming prices are frozen when really it benefits no one.

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, MrsHall said:

I was really making a point about the attitude of that other post, and the fact that some people will be struggling for cash one way or another, and its just wrong for the club to do this. I just have my own to find, but that post got up my nose badly...so I thought I would stick it in. UTO.

Enjoy moaning and being miserable… I can’t see what your issue is, if you’re going to buy 4 season tickets anyway then the price is lower than what you’ve already been paying in recent seasons

This is the problem. The club does something early and then people say ‘oh you just want our cash early so you can spend it up front’. Club does something late and then it’s ‘where is the communication from the club.. we’re going to get wound up, have multiple points deductions and be relegated 3 leagues’.

Everything is viewed through a negative prism rather than a positive.