Chansiri totally ignored the fans engagement group

25 minutes ago, musingowl said:

2 points from this, firstly, nobody is generally fussed about them being on sale at Christmas, rather that you're being financially punished with price increases after 13/12 if you don't renew instantly.

Exactly. 

As others have said, by all means put them on sale early. But drop the unfair deadline and don’t penalise fans for not being able to get one until next year. 

I really don’t understand why he can’t come out and give us the truth. Explain the difficulties and ask those who can to renew early, but no worries if supporters can’t because we’ve still got your back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, musingowl said:

2 points from this, firstly, nobody is generally fussed about them being on sale at Christmas, rather that you're being financially punished with price increases after 13/12 if you don't renew instantly.

Secondly, I think it's rather silly to state people will still be struggling after Christmas when fans are so accustomed to these going on sale March/ April (or February in the last instance), that's at least 1, possibly 2 paydays after Christmas. Not saying everyone will be hunky dory, but you would assume the vast majority would be in a better place financially.

Your argument also doesn't factor that many people use the finance option available usually available, I certainly have in recent years. This is not an option at present. So if you can't find the cash upfront in 10 days time, sod ya, you're paying more.

Like some have said, if they put them on sale, said finance isn't an option at present but early bird prices won't change until February (or even offer a cheaper December rate, £20 or so now, with the price freeze on this seasons prices lasting until February), nobody would bat an eyelid.

Awful PR from Chansiri.

Exactly

Anyone who thinks this isn't a big issue or a massive PR blunder needs only to read the reaction from Owls fans on here and social media

It's a massive massive PR gaffe

• Like 8

Owlstalk Shop

57 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

I don't remember wanting relegation, transfer embargos and points deductions. This is what he delivered, this is his legacy at Sheffield Wednesday... so far. 

He increased attendances.  That's the legacy.

54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

Anyone who thinks this isn't a big issue or a massive PR blunder needs only to read the reaction from Owls fans

It's a massive massive PR gaffe

One of the worst he has made. 

It's almost like he was sat at hone in Thailand, stroking his golden elephants thinking what he could do to totally alienate the customers again. 

All while STILL owing thousands of customers money from 2019 season tickets. 

Utterly clueless. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Typical DC. We don’t hear from him for 7 months, then as soon as he comes back he causes a sh*tstorm

No chance am I renewing this early. Early bird should be from April onwards, any sooner is blatantly taking the p*ss

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

The engagement panel is having no effect on the running of the club.

Its totally not fit for purpose.

The Engagement Panel should publically walk away from these meetings as should all other fans groups that attend them

It's already been proven totally pointless and worthless as meeting after meeting they get steamrollered and ignored

They're literally having the pissss taken out of them

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

Thing is for me, weekends aren’t weekends anymore.

You have to work when work is available.

I’m sure many are in similar circumstances.

I think it was Gary Megson who said “20 thousand would turn up to watch the grass grow”

Times have changed along with peoples priorities so I agree with the OP that the timing is wrong based on future commitments & I think it sadly again shows the ignorance of an arrogant chairman.

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The Engagement Panel should publically walk away from these meetings as should all other fans groups that attend them

It's already been proven totally pointless and worthless as meeting after meeting they get steamrollered and ignored

They're literally having the pissss taken out of them

Totally agree.

My worry is though the fans that voted the supporters trust off the panel, are actually happy with the way they are going!

I dont think they actually represent the fans!

• Like 1
  • Love 1