The harshest second yellow ever?

g-owls

Does my head in when hypocrisy like this is laid bare. Fans shout all kinds of abuse, throw stuff and generally behave in a way that would get you slotted on the streets towards players. The slightest bit back and the players get punished and the fans cry. 

I assume he's been given the yellow for being as close to the fans as he would have been if he'd scored and celebrated with them. (his own teams fans obvs) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Does my head in when hypocrisy like this is laid bare. Fans shout all kinds of abuse, throw stuff and generally behave in a way that would get you slotted on the streets towards players. The slightest bit back and the players get punished and the fans cry. 

I assume he's been given the yellow for being as close to the fans as he would have been if he'd scored and celebrated with them. (his own teams fans obvs) 

That can't apply in this case though as it's just his momentum that takes him into the crowd.

54 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

That can't apply in this case though as it's just his momentum that takes him into the crowd.

But after he was physically assaulted he went towards his attacker and got close to the other fans. A yellow was letting him off lightly if you ask me. Anything could have happened, he could have been carrying a knife in his sock. Or a gun. Or a syringe filled with a deadly serum that would finish the job that Covid-19 started on humanity. Straight red for me, hopefully the refs assessor saw it all and punishes the ref properly. Make him ref in a league 1 game, probably Tuesday night in Sheffield somewhere, let him know he did wrong. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Big Malc said:

The absolute jebend in the crowd should be banned for life

Serious question, could he be done for assault? I don't know the technicalities of the law on this but surely you can't just shove someone like that with no provocation. OK, nobody was hurt etc, but is that necessary for it to be assault? 

If I walked up to Boris Johnson and shoved him like that would I be charged? Or Priti Patel? ? Or a famous singer just out and about shopping? Or a random bloke in the street? Or a random woman in the street? Basically what I'm saying is does it matter who I do it to? And don't worry, I'm not gonna do it, I'm a proper wuss who'd be scared of getting shoved back. 😂 

Ridiculous. Surely the club with act against the ‘fan’ in the stand, acting the hard man. The momentum didn’t even take the player that close to him. 

Wish the footballer had pushed him back. 

And in general - I hate to see any of these absolute helmet fans thinking they’d even be able to win a physical battle (fight?) with a professional athlete. Absolutely embarrassing. I’d love to see this kid push Zlatan and get a Jean- Claude Van Damme type spin kick.  

Also. The ref is just a rule following dork - scared of his accessors or whatever instead of dealing with the reality of a unique situation. 

(bit ranty but flip it) 

15 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Serious question, could he be done for assault? I don't know the technicalities of the law on this but surely you can't just shove someone like that with no provocation. OK, nobody was hurt etc, but is that necessary for it to be assault? 

If I walked up to Boris Johnson and shoved him like that would I be charged? Or Priti Patel? ? Or a famous singer just out and about shopping? Or a random bloke in the street? Or a random woman in the street? Basically what I'm saying is does it matter who I do it to? And don't worry, I'm not gonna do it, I'm a proper wuss who'd be scared of getting shoved back. 😂 

In England, absolutely.  I would hope Scottish law would be the same.

• Thanks 1