Answer a Query!!! (Please)

For years our home manager dugout was located furthest away from the Kop.

Carlos changed it to closer to Kop as he said it was bad luck being closer to away fans. We obviously had very good home form under Carlos.

I noticed Moore is now in the dugout closest to the away fans.

When did this change?

For those of us who are superstitious. Our home for was very good when our manager was in the dugout closest to the Kop lol  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

For years our home manager dugout was located furthest away from the Kop.

Carlos changed it to closer to Kop as he said it was bad luck being closer to away fans. We obviously had very good home form under Carlos.

I noticed Moore is now in the dugout closest to the away fans.

When did this change?

For those of us who are superstitious. Our home for was very good when our manager was in the dugout closest to the Kop lol  

As both dug outs are off centre, in the kop half, maybe DM wanted to be more central?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, petrie18 said:

From what I remember, Carlos changed it to the one closer to the kop as the area is over 3 rows rather than 2, so players were sat closer together. When Carlos left it then changed back so our technical area is closer to the half way line. 

Our home form has been dire ever since this decision then lol 

My first games were  in the 1958/9 season. My Dad had a regular spot on the South Stand Terrace just by the tunnel and  above the away dugout. This was always on the Leppings Lane side of the tunnel and was like that for many years. So I would say traditionally the dugouts/benches have been positioned as they are now.

• Like 1

It changed back over Covid, probably because it was closer for the away staff to walk over to the dugout nearer the Kop so it meant it followed the protocols needed at the time and there probably wasn't a reason to bother changing it back.

Carlos originally changed it and I think he gave a reason about being slightly closer to the forth official. Not sure how much truth there was in that. 100% Carlos' decision though.