Megson knew the best way to out of league 1.........Strength/bully teams.

The megson era was great...everbdy over 6foot..we wer imposing..we used to impose ourselfs on everybody..used to love reading other teams forums after we had played them..all crying about being bullied and saying things like’fair play to them but I cudnt watch that everyweek’..they wer so salty..back then we wer everything we aren’t now..it’s so sad to watch

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Onge said:

Megson was almost a decade ago, didn't get us out of the division and hasn't had a managerial role since. Sheer lunacy that this man gets spoken about so often as being some sort of Messiah.

Kissed the badge
Waved his arms about a lot
Shouted at the players

That's literally ALL some of our fans want

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Since Carlos? I can barely remember a time when this wasn't the case. 

Whether you want to credit Megson or Jones, that team is the one exception. I feel like we had some teams beat that season just lined up in the tunnel. It's perhaps the one season in 20+ years that I think we can say we made teams play on OUR terms and dictated how we wanted games to be played. 

spot on…we steam rolled sides with pace, power & a directness that teams simply couldn’t handle. 

essentially the complete opposite to the current performances. 

2 hours ago, The coach said:

The megson era was great...everbdy over 6foot..we wer imposing..we used to impose ourselfs on everybody..used to love reading other teams forums after we had played them..all crying about being bullied and saying things like’fair play to them but I cudnt watch that everyweek’..they wer so salty..back then we wer everything we aren’t now..it’s so sad to watch

We played absolute garbage crap to watch

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, akbuk said:

We played absolute garbage crap to watch

I’m one of those strange entities who likes winning...don’t care about Barca style tip tap gonads..as long as we look like we know what we are doing..and getting results..I’m happy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, The coach said:

I’m one of those strange entities who likes winning...don’t care about Barca style tip tap gonads..as long as we look like we know what we are doing..and getting results..I’m happy

It was Dave Jones that got them playing

Megson failed to get us out of league 1 so he clearly doesn’t know the best way to get us out of it…..He hasn’t managed a club since he was sacked by us almost 10 years ago so obviously can’t be that good or he’d have been snapped up……It’s a no from me 

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Still got sacked

The football was dire - about as bad as it is now or under Jos

Dave Jones had to be brought in to unleash the players and get em firing

And he did

We went up

I suppose that's it really.

You need to get 'em firing (Jones), but they've also got to have the right mentality (Megson).

You can't afford to lack either, but in Moore's case we've got neither.

• Like 2