Megson knew the best way to out of league 1.........Strength/bully teams.

1 minute ago, Emerson Thome said:

It was Dave Jones that got us promoted. Yet we have 0 threads a year saying let's copy what Dave Jones did.

And the worst part about it is 

Right now we need exactly that

He came in and simply let the players off the leash from ridiculous tactics and strategies that Megson had them doing and sent them out to just enjoy it and win games

And they did

Ohhhhhh how they did

We SOARED

We soared up the league and got promoted

We need precisely that right now, not yelling at Barry Bannan or sending Liam Palmer for a run up the kop steps

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And the worst part about it is 

Right now we need exactly that

He came in and simply let the players off the leash from ridiculous tactics and strategies that Megson had them doing and sent them out to just enjoy it and win games

And they did

Ohhhhhh how they did

We SOARED

We soared up the league and got promoted

We need precisely that right now, not yelling at Barry Bannan or sending Liam Palmer for a run up the kop steps

I’d take that if it meant 18 wins in 33. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Still got sacked

The football was dire - about as bad as it is now or under Jos

Dave Jones had to be brought in to unleash the players and get em firing

And he did

We went up

I quite liked the football under Megson.

We had a goal scorer, danger from set pieces, Ben Marshall a genuine exciting winger. Semedo in the middle bullying teams.

Thought it was a decent side to watch. Had three bad results mind, Jones took us over the line. But Antonio played a big part in that.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Not towards the end of his dire tenure you didn't
I can guarantee you that

Nobody did

Was a few poor results.

His last game in charge is one of my favourite ever days supporting Sheffield Wednesday.

But yeah, he was crap etc etc. If that suits your narrative.

Had us third in the league when sacked. I don’t give two craps how we play as long as we’re up there competing. We were under Megson. 

Winning games > playing good football 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I quite liked the football under Megson.

We had a goal scorer, danger from set pieces, Ben Marshall a genuine exciting winger. Semedo in the middle bullying teams.

Thought it was a decent side to watch. Had three bad results mind, Jones took us over the line. But Antonio played a big part in that.

Reyt but you are pillorying Moore for his style of play - the 'Football' under Megson was dire and resulted in some really sad days being a Wednesdayite  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spiderman said:

As per title, Megson knew the best way to get out of this league was to be stronger than the opposition/bully teams.I can't imagine losing that lead yesterday under the Megson regime or losing the lead like we did at Abc Wimbledon.

Under Megson is the only time ive known the opposing fans saying "we hate Sheffield Wednesday they bully teams"......that is exactly what is needed, its all well and good playing lovely free flowing fancy football from the back , but we are just not good enough to do that and this league many teams won't allow it.Get some big strong athletic lads in and lets be the bullies of this league and get us up there.

jump-out-window.gif.00cb25a1a768e64d31b8cfe018abdbb4.gif

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's what Darren Moore's getting

As I’ve said in one of the other threads, he’s 32 games into his time here, 18 of which came this season.

Has he had a good spell yet, has he had two convincing wins back to back? 32 games is one hell of bad spell, so is 18 if you want to put a positive spin on it. 

Regardless, lack of results isn’t ultimately what’s bringing about discontent in Moore. It’s the lack of identity in all areas of the pitch that is causing great concern. One thing Megson definitely brought was identity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Still got sacked

The football was dire - about as bad as it is now or under Jos

Dave Jones had to be brought in to unleash the players and get em firing

And he did

We went up

As the site owner, you should know better than to post facts on here mate. 

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

One thing Megson definitely brought was identity. 

Then he got the same Wednesdayitis that nearly all our managers get where they stop doing the right things and go into an overdefensive shell and play negative dour defensive football until they're inevitably and always SACKED

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

As the site owner, you should know better than to post facts on here mate. 

Saying Megson’s football was dire is opinion not fact. Comparing it to Jos, again is opinion. 

What is a fact is we’ll never know if Megson would’ve got us up. His record at the time was definitely promotion form. He only managed Antonio for 1 game, his last one, a win.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Then he got the same Wednesdayitis that nearly all our managers get where they stop doing the right things and go into an overdefensive shell and play negative dour defensive football until they're inevitably and always SACKED

Because Mandaric let our best player walk out of the club, then replaced him with one of the worst wingers this clubs ever had. 

I think people massively downplay the affect losing Marshall at that point in the season had on us. 

• Like 1

Just now, NeonLeon said:

Saying Megson’s football was dire is opinion not fact. Comparing it to Jos, again is opinion. 

What is a fact is we’ll never know if Megson would’ve got us up. His record at the time was definitely promotion form. He only managed Antonio for 1 game, his last one, a win.

Yep. I miss those halcyon days of getting mullered 5-1 at Stevenage and nicking a draw at home to 9 man Yeovil 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Yep. I miss those halcyon days of getting mullered 5-1 at Stevenage and nicking a draw at home to 9 man Yeovil 

Wasn't that under Irvine?

5 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Good grief the football was poo

• Like 1

Just now, NeonLeon said:

The season before you mean? Not the season we went up.

I love these threads where people put their rose tinted glasses on and try to convince others that Megson's final season was a glorious entertainment filled football festival

It was HORRIFIC eye bleeding, negative, dour, defensive horror show

And he got sacked

Dave Jones comes in, says to the players "forget all those negative tactics you were forced to play, just go out, enjoy, attack, score and win"

And they did

We got promoted

Because we (rightly) SACKED Megson

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop