Booing & clapping

24 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Do they bask in the adulation? 

OK, I'll rephrase, if it's acceptable to clap the players and show your appreciation when they've played well, why isn't it acceptable to show your disappointment when they've played crap? 

• Love 1

30 minutes ago, Spuddy01 said:

Players are happy to bask in the adulation they receive when they play well, they should be man enough to take the criticism when they play like they have been a lately. 

Yeah - they should 'man up' and just accept total utter abuse innit bruv

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, DSandersonOWL said:

My memory of cushions thrown on the pitch is that it was to protest against the opposite's referee not our players

Well thats your memory my friend,mine differs,seat cushions being thrown was a regular occurrence and TBH how would it be directed to the ref?? Anyone sat around those doing the said 'throwing' could be under no illusions why they were doing it....

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone can boo if they want to

Every player that's ever been asked about it says that being booed by their own fans affects their performance negatively and doesn't help

So you gotta ask the question

If you know booing negatively affects Sheffield Wednesday players during a game doesn't that make you a BLADE if you boo our players during a game?

They’re not gonna say booing helps are they lol 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone can boo if they want to

Every player that's ever been asked about it says that being booed by their own fans affects their performance negatively and doesn't help

So you gotta ask the question

If you know booing negatively affects Sheffield Wednesday players during a game doesn't that make you a BLADE if you boo our players during a game?

Should we practice "Hruumphing"...maybe organised "Tutting"...I mean "Pouting" would be ideal, but its hard to organise....

Its a natural reaction Neil...to abject crapness.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It's certainly not support

I'll say it's again.

If it's acceptable to clap the players and show your appreciation when they've played well, why isn't it acceptable to show your disappointment when they've played crap?

I'm not talking about abuse, that's not on, and anyone that does it, is pathetic, but if people have paid good money to go watch the crap served up recently, they have every right to voice their opinion. 

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It's certainly not support

Why should support be unconditional? we really should lose this 'woke' attitude about life.....I spent 6 Years in the Army,whilst at Longkesh visitors to the Maze prision pulled back the window,spat full in my face,and informed me in no uncertain terms about my parentage,and that someone would be ****ing my GF whilst i was there....

It was my job to deal with it.....Similarly in over 20 Years working pub & club doors in South Yorkshire I saw more than my fair share of abuse,physical assaults,and 2 deaths at work.

Sorry footballers being booed is not abuse...its people booing a team/managers performance in the only way open to them.as a crowd. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Funny how people say booing has a negative effect. 

Using Saturday as an example they were embarrassing in that first half. Second half, after the booing, they came out and played decent for 15 mins and for us in the lead. 

So you could argue booing helped?

We drew because we stand on our own goal line following any lead we take 

5 minutes ago, parajack said:

Well thats your memory my friend,mine differs,seat cushions being thrown was a regular occurrence and TBH how would it be directed to the ref?? Anyone sat around those doing the said 'throwing' could be under no illusions why they were doing it....

I'm talkin 60s not 70s. 

Our 60s team(s) were neither booed nor had cushions thrown at them to my memory. 

Cushions was at end of game to oppose ref's decisions !

• Like 2

I find it funny at times...not the booing as such, but the comments......One whole section of the Kop was in tucks last season when an old bloke who's usually quiet...stood up and screamed "STOP F.OOKIN' SPINNIN' BANNAN!!!!...wiv dribble coming down his chin....Me and the lad were still giggling about it in the pub an hour afterwards...

• Haha 1