Booing & clapping

Just now, Ray Von shabba said:

Whilst I agree Neil, I just think people are saying they understand why it happens  

I have no issues with anyone saying they understand why it happens - none
I do take issue with people chucking additional stuff in that I've not said such as 'a manager would never get sacked' etc etc

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, farlego said:

DM post Lincoln interview

Have the boos affected the team?

I can only speak as me as a player. The boos was a driving stick for me................

As with Darren Moore's team selections, tactics and decisions - it's not worked tho has it?

Booing your own players has never ever worked - not once

Booing your own players during games makes them play worse - every time

It's irrelevant what Moore says to apply positive spin to the situation the truth is it makes the players play worse

OTHERWISE WE WOULD HAVE WON THE GAMES WHERE THE PLAYERS HAVE BEEN BOOED FFS

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, Beast of Boulogne said:

I remember Losing 0-3 to Blackburn ( i think ) in 1979 and goalkeeper  Bob Bolder was booed every time he touched the ball by his own fans . 

He was dropped immediately for Brian Cox and returned a few weeks later , he helped the team to promotion the same season and went on to  win a European cup winners medal , 

sometimes maybe it's a kick up the aris they need .5

Or the fans preferred Chris Turner and didn't like the fact that Boulder took his place

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think it's one of those things where football can be seen as some kind of gladiator event or a pantomime with some fans wanting pure entertainment and the entitlement and ability to cheer and boo and get involved - many fans take this approach and it's not wrong to do so. 

But there's also the reality that booing your own players as they're trying to play makes them play worse

So the pantomime/gladiator type situation clashes

If you do the pantomime booing your team will play worse

So I guess you can choose the pantomime over the actual support and what's best for the players/team - it's your choice

But booing never ever EVER makes players or a team play better

Course you choose the Pantomime in this league mate...Its the only way to watch it....

You go hoping to win, but you simply have to accept that its oft times beyond the capability of the current team....

Like I said....I don't boo....I shout "FFS!"....

I have gone to Hillsborough since 1963....Ive gone home and away for years...Ive gone through the abject 70's when fans have been coming back from God knows where in the third tier...and put two fingers up, shouted abuse when the tam bus has overtaken them on the M1.....BUT...I've never "Booed" the team....because I simply accept I support The Wednesday and theres f.ook all I can do about it....But you get some poor f.ooker who sees it another way...anted up for an overpriced bloody ticket...and watched what we are watching???...He might "Boo...and I find it hard to fault him