Booing & clapping

2 minutes ago, poite said:

Funny how people say booing has a negative effect. 

Using Saturday as an example they were embarrassing in that first half. Second half, after the booing, they came out and played decent for 15 mins and for us in the lead. 

So you could argue booing helped?

We drew because we stand on our own goal line following any lead we take 

Didnt DM say (sic) when asked that in his playing days it spurred him on to prove the crowd wrong? not an exact quote but something similar?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Didnt DM say (sic) when asked that in his playing days it spurred him on to prove the crowd wrong? not an exact quote but something similar?

No idea but I can guarantee whatever he said had the word 'erm' in it alot lol

5 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

I'm talkin 60s not 70s. 

Our 60s team(s) were neither booed nor had cushions thrown at them to my memory. 

Cushions was at end of game to oppose ref's decisions !

I stand corrected and defer to your 60s memory,!! i went throughout the 60s too,but hey we can both be right eh?

Mel Sterland got booed loads when he first started...Mel Sterland thought "F.ook you"..and became a great player for us....John Sheridan got booed for a few games....thought "F.ook you" scored against Blackburn   (I think)....and gave the Kop what for..then got the winner in our last major trophy

WE need players who don't give a throw what we think....

• Like 3
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Mel Sterland got booed loads when he first started...Mel Sterland thought "F.ook you"..and became a great player for us....John Sheridan got booed for a few games....thought "F.ook you" scored against Blackburn   (I think)....and gave the Kop what for..then got the winner in our last major trophy

WE need players who don't give a throw what we think....

This is pure fantasy

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

20 minutes ago, Spuddy01 said:

If it's acceptable to clap the players and show your appreciation when they've played well, why isn't it acceptable to show your disappointment when they've played crap? 

I'm talking about during the game whilst the players are playing mate 

Booing them off for example- totally fine - doesn't affect how the players play

Booing them during the game - absolutely counterproductive 

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

No they won't

In the same way that nobody banned bendy bananas

You cant take inflatable bananas or  anything like that  in Hillsborough they are very dangerous and might hurt peoples feelings.

• Like 1

Its abuse on social media...deffo...some of it disgusting.....I mean we can all sit on here tip tapping and saying..."Well i get called a c vnt" regular.....but yer family and friends don't see it....That must be hard....But at the game....theres no outright directed, targetted "Abuse"...theres booing...and catcalls...What do you do??

You see the same sodding players , playing it out from the back?...and they are incapable of doing it?

Everyones not gonna burst spontaneously  into song an' sing "Stop it off, stop it off stop it off...Stop it off stop it off stop it ooooo off"

They boo

• Thanks 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
29 minutes ago, Spuddy01 said:

OK, I'll rephrase, if it's acceptable to clap the players and show your appreciation when they've played well, why isn't it acceptable to show your disappointment when they've played crap? 

I didn’t say it wasn’t, but I think Booings a bit silly and I’m not sure much good can come of it personally. 
im not the booing police though mate, you want to boo then you can boo your head off as far as I’m concerned.