Booing & clapping

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Again (as anyone reading this thread will agree) you're just making stuff up and adding stuff into the debate that just doesn't exist

I've never once said or suggested that at all

Not once

I'm sure they will post if they disagree mate....Lets wait and see eh?

Guest DoesJackHunt
52 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

I think Wednesday fans are far too patient and put up with being sh#t on far too much … That’s why Chansiri will just carry on regardless……..Great fans …Great fan base … but Chansiri has fractured it ..most fans have just lost interest and just take the pi## about how crap we’ve become…Sad really 😟

I wouldn’t describe Wednesday fans as patient and whatt else can we do? 
boo so Chansiri sells the club? will that work? or will we just being grown men booing like we’re at a pantomime? Chansiri wants 130 million for the club. He’s a business man and he’s named his price, us booing isn’t going to make the slightest bit of difference about him selling the club. 

If you want to boo though, you definitely should. “He’s behind you!”, “ohhhh, no he isn’t!”

I'm not meaning you personally OBVS - I'm generalising regarding your wholehearted support for booing our own players during a game

Something that has always made things infinitely worse and has NEVER ONCE made anything better

Its hardly "Wholehearted " support for Booing Neil...Its a simple acceptance of what football supporters do...

• Thanks 1

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Its hardly "Wholehearted " support for Booing Neil...Its a simple acceptance of what football supporters do...

It's not just acceptance of what supporters do though or you would just (and only) say that

What you've done in this thread is present an absolute pro-booing approach from fans towards their own players

Let's keep it real

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm happy to discuss with you but you need to just stop making stuff up and chucking it in as though I've suggested it when I have never done so - not once

What did I make up?

The Booing of Sterland...happened...

The booing of Sheridan ...Happened..I was there mate...

• Are you entitled to boo your own players as they play? YES of course. It's all part of the pantomime if you want it to be.

• Will fans always boo their own players as they play if they're not winning? SADLY YES

• Will they play better if you boo them? NO - that's been proven every single time

• Will they play worse if you boo them? YES - that's been proven every single time

• Love 2

Owlstalk Shop

It's not just acceptance of what supporters do though or you would just (and only) say that

What you've done in this thread is present an absolute pro-booing approach from fans towards their own players

Let's keep it real

Have a read back mate...I UNDERSTAND why Wednesday fans boo..I don't do it...If you read back the myriad of threads on the subject...I always say its "Self defeating"....but I totally understand the mentality of a Wednesday fan...years of bloody crap and false promises

Have a read back mate...I UNDERSTAND why Wednesday fans boo..I don't do it...If you read back the myriad of threads on the subject...I always say its "Self defeating"....but I totally understand the mentality of a Wednesday fan...years of bloody crap and false promises

Are you entitled to boo your own players as they play? YES of course. It's all part of the pantomime if you want it to be.

Will fans always boo their own players as they play if they're not winning? SADLY YES

Will they play better if you boo them? NO - that's been proven every single time

Will they play worse if you boo them? YES - that's been proven every single time

Owlstalk Shop

Guest DoesJackHunt
4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Yeah Neil! When will you accept that real supporters, you know, the proper ones, they boo their own players. 

Are you entitled to boo your own players as they play? YES of course. It's all part of the pantomime if you want it to be.

Will fans always boo their own players as they play if they're not winning? SADLY YES

Will they play better if you boo them? NO - that's been proven every single time

Will they play worse if you boo them? YES - that's been proven every single time

You simply HAVE to treat it as a pantomime Neil...or Theatre or comedy...The reality f.ookin' sucks!!!

I remember Losing 0-3 to Blackburn ( i think ) in 1979 and goalkeeper  Bob Bolder was booed every time he touched the ball by his own fans . 

He was dropped immediately for Brian Cox and returned a few weeks later , he helped the team to promotion the same season and went on to  win a European cup winners medal , 

sometimes maybe it's a kick up the aris they need .5

• Thanks 1

You simply HAVE to treat it as a pantomime Neil...or Theatre or comedy...The reality f.ookin' sucks!!!

I think it's one of those things where football can be seen as some kind of gladiator event or a pantomime with some fans wanting pure entertainment and the entitlement and ability to cheer and boo and get involved - many fans take this approach and it's not wrong to do so. 

But there's also the reality that booing your own players as they're trying to play makes them play worse

So the pantomime/gladiator type situation clashes

If you do the pantomime booing your team will play worse

So I guess you can choose the pantomime over the actual support and what's best for the players/team - it's your choice

But booing never ever EVER makes players or a team play better

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

• Are you entitled to boo your own players as they play? YES of course. It's all part of the pantomime if you want it to be.

• Will fans always boo their own players as they play if they're not winning? SADLY YES

• Will they play better if you boo them? NO - that's been proven every single time

• Will they play worse if you boo them? YES - that's been proven every single time

Whilst I agree Neil, I just think people are saying they understand why it happens and things have gone out of context.

I don't boo btw, too old.

1 minute ago, Beast of Boulogne said:

I remember Losing 0-3 to Blackburn ( i think ) in 1979 and goalkeeper  Bob Bolder was booed every time he touched the ball by his own fans . 

He was dropped immediately for Brian Cox and returned a few weeks later , he helped the team to promotion the same season and went on to  win a European cup winners medal , 

sometimes maybe it's a kick up the aris they need .5

I know one guy who stepped out in front of a speeding bus once 

Got run over

Didn't die tho

So that's total proof that you can step out in front of speeding buses

OBVS

Owlstalk Shop