Booing & clapping

Just now, Ray Von shabba said:

Take your point Neil but should the fans just sit there and suck it up.

What's the alternative ?

The alternative and my preference (won't happen tho because people would rather put their own ego ahead of the teams needs) would be for the crowd to urge the team on from kick off and if a mistake is made or a goal conceded for that support to get louder (in a positive way)

Basically when up against it to support MORE instead of just revert to booing that has been absolutely proven over the last 25 years NOT to work and to make things worse

To me it's simple:

1) Players always tell you that if they get booed during games then it affects them negatively

2) Booing our own players during games makes them play WORSE

3) Most importantly it's been proven that booing our own players hasn't ever worked - for years and years and years - it just hasn't worked, doesn't work and won't ever work

So given the above three points - why would anyone choose to booo our own players whilst they're playing?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Owlstalk Shop

Why do fans go to matches?

Well because we support the team obviously but mainly because we want to be entertained. We want to see a cracking game of football and we want to see our team win.

If that is true then we have a problem, we aren't winning, most of the games are in large part tedious and they aren't exactly entertaining. We are practical people so sometimes we will trade off the entertaining for a win or we will accept a loss if it's been a good game.

We aren't being entertained and we aren't winning. We pay our money and get short changed. Somewhere along the line someone is going to have to deliver what we want or some of the fans will decide they have better things to waste their time and money on.

Can we please get away from this turgid football, can we start getting after teams and imposing ourselves. We started the season being told promotion was the target and we expected automatic not play offs.

It is getting to the stage where I expect us to ship daft goals, I expect us to get caught out playing out from the back. It doesn't matter if we are 2 up with 10 minutes to go I still wait for the opposition to come back. We lack bottle and it's doing my/our nut in.

Shape up or ship out. I've had enough of this dross. Get it sorted or let someone else have a go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The alternative and my preference (won't happen tho because people would rather put their own ego ahead of the teams needs) would be for the crowd to urge the team on from kick off and if a mistake is made or a goal conceded for that support to get louder (in a positive way)

Basically when up against it to support MORE instead of just revert to booing that has been absolutely proven over the last 25 years NOT to work and to make things worse

To me it's simple:

1) Players always tell you that if they get booed during games then it affects them negatively

2) Booing our own players during games makes them play WORSE

3) Most importantly it's been proven that booing our own players hasn't ever worked - for years and years and years - it just hasn't worked, doesn't work and won't ever work

So given the above three points - why would anyone choose to booo our own players whilst they're playing?

2 SODDING decades Neil.....We all go desperately hoping for a Wednesday win...We NEVER BOO the buggers onto the pitch..We sing Hi Ho...sit down, try to cheer them on..and they invariably f.ook up.

They attack we urge them on..I mean bloody hell we go mental at a "One/two..these days...or a pass that actually reaches the sodding player they are supposed to pass to.

Crowds of over 20K?..watching this????..its highly commendable in my opinion...20  F.OOKIN' YEARS!!!!!....

Pardon the sodding impatience....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

2 SODDING decades Neil.....We all go desperately hoping for a Wednesday win...We NEVER BOO the buggers onto the pitch..We sing Hi Ho...sit down, try to cheer them on..and they invariably f.ook up.

They attack we urge them on..I mean bloody hell we go mental at a "One/two..these days...or a pass that actually reaches the sodding player they are supposed to pass to.

Crowds of over 20K?..watching this????..its highly commendable in my opinion...20  F.OOKIN' YEARS!!!!!....

Pardon the sodding impatience....

Booing the players during a game makes the players play worse

Always has done - always will

Literally that simple

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah OK, see your point but realistically it will never happen.

I'll save all my booing up for the final whistle now and have to stay behind for a hour. 🙌

1 minute ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Ah OK, see your point but realistically it will never happen. 

Oh I know it won't

Booing players during games makes them play worse, gives us worse results and makes our club suffer but I'm fully aware that people would rather put their own entitlement to boo ahead of the players/team's success.

It's all about ego and entitlement over and above actual 'support'

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

No - and at no point have I suggested or recommended that at all - you're just trying to twist things to a ridiculous extreme that doesn't exist

We will see mate...How many agree with you and disagree with the opposite view...Nowts twisted..Its simply how football supporters are, and always have been at EVERY club in the country

Wednesday fans have had decades of it....

Given your utopia...No manager would ever get sacked...no player ever dropped...its a fantasy

Given your utopia...No manager would ever get sacked...no player ever dropped... 

Again (as anyone reading this thread will agree) you're just making stuff up and adding stuff into the debate that just doesn't exist

I've never once said or suggested that at all

Not once

Owlstalk Shop

We will see mate...How many agree with you and disagree with the opposite view...Nowts twisted..Its simply how football supporters are, and always have been at EVERY club in the country

Wednesday fans have had decades of it....

Given your utopia...No manager would ever get sacked...no player ever dropped...its a fantasy

You don't have to nasty about it though, keep nastiness out of football. 

Just now, asteener1867 said:

When did I boo Wednesday....?

You don't know me from Adam ,Neil.....

I don't do it...but I fully understand those that do.....

I'm not meaning you personally OBVS - I'm generalising regarding your wholehearted support for booing our own players during a game

Something that has always made things infinitely worse and has NEVER ONCE made anything better

Owlstalk Shop