Mick McCarthy sacked

Remember folks - it's ESSENTIAL when talking about prospective new managers that one or all of the three sacred rules are followed :

1) They should have a nickname that starts with 'BIG'

2) They should be notorious for shouting a lot and waving their arms

3) They should be ex SWFC players or managers 

No other discussion will be permitted as we all know the above three are the only rules that Wednesday fans can follow

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Like he did with Ipswich?.

He didn’t have Ipswich in L1. They were doing ok in the Championship when they sacked him and it all went downhill from there. 

That said, I think his time is done and I wouldn’t be that impressed if he came here, although he’d get my support. 

Just now, Devonstrix said:

He didn’t have Ipswich in L1. They were doing ok in the Championship when they sacked him and it all went downhill from there. 

What are you saying? That dropping down a level would enable him to perform better? In my experience, a manager of limited ability is a manager of limited ability whatever level they manage at.

We are currently higher in L1 than Ipswich were in the Championship when they dispensed with Big Mick

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Remember folks - it's ESSENTIAL when talking about prospective new managers that one or all of the three sacred rules are followed :

1) They should have a nickname that starts with 'BIG'

2) They should be notorious for shouting a lot and waving their arms

3) They should be ex SWFC players or managers 

No other discussion will be permitted as we all know the above three are the only rules that Wednesday fans can follow

Ah, that’s where Monk went wrong then. He didn’t have any of those 'qualities'.

Phew, thank phoook that you accept just one of your conditions in a manager. There’s no way on this earth that Ryan Lowe could be called big Ryan (mind you, I’ve never spoken to his missus) and he doesn’t shout a lot. He waves his arms a bit though.

According to at least one regular poster on here, he is a Wednesday legend, so does he pass?

1 minute ago, Devonstrix said:

Ah, that’s where Monk went wrong then. He didn’t have any of those 'qualities'.

Phew, thank phoook that you accept just one of your conditions in a manager. There’s no way on this earth that Ryan Lowe could be called big Ryan (mind you, I’ve never spoken to his missus) and he doesn’t shout a lot. He waves his arms a bit though.

According to at least one regular poster on here, he is a Wednesday legend, so does he pass?

Former Sheffield Wednesday player - so fits the criteria for suggested new managers

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Roy Of The Roasters said:

What are you saying? That dropping down a level would enable him to perform better? In my experience, a manager of limited ability is a manager of limited ability whatever level they manage at.

We are currently higher in L1 than Ipswich were in the Championship when they dispensed with Big Mick

I’m saying what I said Roy. It’s easy enough to comprehend. I’ve no idea if he’d be any good in L1. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Former Sheffield Wednesday player - so fits the criteria for suggested new managers

All joking aside, I now do think he would do well here. He’s a cocky so and so and would take the pressure in his stride imo. If we were still in the Championship I wouldn’t be so sure, but I think he can deal with a big club at this level and take us back up, if not this season then next. By which time he would be ready for the Championship,  before anybody points out my initial comment. 😀

17 hours ago, morganowl said:

dont be silly , 10 years ago maybe . a

Alex Neil id go for available and a damm better manager than darren moore

That's a more realistic option, but I believe that DM will get the next window, at least.

There he need's to get rid of the players on loan who, for whatever reason are not performing to his hope's and bring in player's more suited to life in this division'

A Hard working, strong attacker, they are out there in this and the 2nd division, Smith at Rotherham prove that.

A midfielder with the energy and drive, sell Bannan to finance these if need be, this is not a criticism of Bannan, he is the best player in the 1st division, just no what we need at this moment.

I feel like the Management are trying too hard to build a team around Bannan, that;s not working.

35 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

That's a more realistic option, but I believe that DM will get the next window, at least.

There he need's to get rid of the players on loan who, for whatever reason are not performing to his hope's and bring in player's more suited to life in this division'

A Hard working, strong attacker, they are out there in this and the 2nd division, Smith at Rotherham prove that.

A midfielder with the energy and drive, sell Bannan to finance these if need be, this is not a criticism of Bannan, he is the best player in the 1st division, just no what we need at this moment.

I feel like the Management are trying too hard to build a team around Bannan, that;s not working.

another transfer window please no , he got 15 players , some aint good enough (like there stats would say ie kamberi a 1-5 striker at a low level scottish football,austria etc) a lot of managers would be in dreamland in this league been able to get 15 players in , certain players are either proven at this level or aint been picked . league 1 is awful and this is the worst swfc team ive ever witnessed and most of that is down to darren and his style of football.