Mick McCarthy sacked

2 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

Ah, that’s where Monk went wrong then. He didn’t have any of those 'qualities'.

Phew, thank phoook that you accept just one of your conditions in a manager. There’s no way on this earth that Ryan Lowe could be called big Ryan (mind you, I’ve never spoken to his missus) and he doesn’t shout a lot. He waves his arms a bit though.

According to at least one regular poster on here, he is a Wednesday legend, so does he pass?

Monk was an ex SWFC player of course.

We need to go back to the foreign mercenary manager if we do move on from Moore, not the boring British tracksuited type.

2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Like he did with Ipswich?.

You mean Ipswich who sacked him because they were fed up of finishing lower mid-table Championship and the season after they sacked him they got relegated?

At least stick to the facts.

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You mean Ipswich who sacked him because they were fed up of finishing lower mid-table Championship and the season after they sacked him they got relegated?

At least stick to the facts.

Whatever, but his descicions got them relegated, however you look at it.

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

Whatever, but his descicions got them relegated, however you look at it.

How do you work that out?

They never looked like getting relegated under him. They sacked him and then got relegated. 

lol

4 hours ago, morganowl said:

another transfer window please no , he got 15 players , some aint good enough (like there stats would say ie kamberi a 1-5 striker at a low level scottish football,austria etc) a lot of managers would be in dreamland in this league been able to get 15 players in , certain players are either proven at this level or aint been picked . league 1 is awful and this is the worst swfc team ive ever witnessed and most of that is down to darren and his style of football. 

Morgan, look at the History of the club over the last 50 years, we have been a lot worst than now, that doesn't mean we are not crap at the moment, but it show's that the club has always looked for the short cut, and the short term policy's leading to a few season's in the Sun, followed by decades in the doldrum's, but that is the Wednesday way.

I, too, am losing faith at the moment, but I am fed up of changing the Manager every 7 month's and thus changing the style of play, hoping we get it right this time.

Hope must be the largest sporting village in the world, that is where most fan's live.

I would rather plan for the ,long term future, than short term gain.

I do not know if DM will take us there, but maybe he is the one to take the first step.

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

Morgan, look at the History of the club over the last 50 years, we have been a lot worst than now, that doesn't mean we are not crap at the moment, but it show's that the club has always looked for the short cut, and the short term policy's leading to a few season's in the Sun, followed by decades in the doldrum's, but that is the Wednesday way.

I, too, am losing faith at the moment, but I am fed up of changing the Manager every 7 month's and thus changing the style of play, hoping we get it right this time.

Hope must be the largest sporting village in the world, that is where most fan's live.

I do not know if DM will take us there, but maybe he is the one to take the first step.

We change the style of play every game with the current manager! 

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

That's a fair assessment.

I simply don't see any merit in making yet another managerial change when we're in an OK position in the table. Maybe we'll improve, maybe we won't, but as long as we're plodding along we might as well hope for the former rather than gamble on a new manager who may actually make things worse. There's been too much upheaval in recent seasons

There will come a time when DM has to start delivering, but 14 games into his first full season is too soon to put his head on the block.

20 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Genuine question, when does DM need to start delivering? 

Genuine answer. As long as we remain at least mid table and he keeps the show on the road, then he gets a free pass this season. And wherever we finish will become the benchmark for the following season. If it looks like he can improve on that, and continue to take us in the right direction, then he stays. Sustained improvement, that's what it's about. So I would say the rest of this season and at least till midway through the following season, at which point we can make a well informed (as opposed to knee jerk) assessment.

Of course, if we get tipped into a relegation struggle this season, then all bets are off. But I honestly don't see that happening.

3 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Genuine answer. As long as we remain at least mid table

I doubt that very very much..I genuinely think chansiri is looking for a replacement now.

If he doesn't find one soon he will still sack him.

Unless in the meantime he gets 3 wins on the trot and in the top 6...don't think that will happen tbh.