Barnsley

Said all along they'll struggle this year lost their manager and best players. But the biggest loss for them was the substitution rule which was in place last year, which to their credit they exploited brilliantly, playing the high press all game forwards and midfielders running their knackers off for 60 mins then all getting replaced like for like. This season with substitution and a different manager that was never gonna happen. 

They haven't scored in open play in 9 games and their crooks for owners are taking them for mugs,  

But I'm enjoying it. 

• Like 1

One freakishly decent season and they thought they were it. They were amazingly lucky to even stay in the Championship the previous season, now it's back to mediocrity and all they have is their strange "boast" about how they've had more seasons in the second tier than anybody else (yet only one promotion).

7 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

I would never have sacked him in 2018 tbh.

Theres always a special place for Big Dave at The Hawthorns

I don’t get it though. From the outside looking in, he had the usual new manager bounce which was a little too late to avoid the drop, then he had the best squad in the championship by miles but couldn’t get you in the automatic positions

26 minutes ago, Django said:

I don’t get it though. From the outside looking in, he had the usual new manager bounce which was a little too late to avoid the drop, then he had the best squad in the championship by miles but couldn’t get you in the automatic positions

He's a club legend.

They sacked him when they were in the play offs.

I can see why some of their fans still feel like that, even if I'm yet to see much of anything from Moore to suggest he is much of a manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Django said:

The squad might have been good on paper but it was totally dysfunctional.

It was Old, lacking in quality, resigned to playing one way & carrying the scars of the relegation.

His job was to turn that around with no investment, unite the club and make us easier on the eye.

which he did - and then was sacked despite us being 4th at the time.

The job was not too dissimilar to what he has now.. only Chansiri has allowed him the rebuild.

11 hours ago, Liam_Baggies said:

The squad might have been good on paper but it was totally dysfunctional.

It was Old, lacking in quality, resigned to playing one way & carrying the scars of the relegation.

His job was to turn that around with no investment, unite the club and make us easier on the eye.

which he did - and then was sacked despite us being 4th at the time.

The job was not too dissimilar to what he has now.. only Chansiri has allowed him the rebuild.

Yeah. We’re still waiting for the easier on the eye part…