Connor Wickham

BIG D

One of those players with great talent but poor injury record.

For me the biggest mistake of his career was the move to palace, he has barely played which has not helped his match fitness then when he did play a few games he picks up injuries.

Needed to leave palace years ago but the flip side getting paid £40k a week to never play has set him up for life.

I hope he get match fit, but I am thankful we didn't make the mistake of signing him as a free agent. The same goes for Brown another talented player who is always injured.

I bet Preston don't sign anymore ex Owls it's not worth the risk.

Was a really bad move signing wickham at the time they did.

Firstly I am a massive fan and I wanted us to sign him this summer.

But, after the season had started after no pre season ?! No thanks.

I know he is no longer with us but under someone like Strudwick Wickham should have been signed as soon as his contract expired so early July get working straight away with him on building strength and conditioning and have a full pre season. 

Signing him how they did was just asking for this.  

On 01/10/2021 at 00:49, Mr. Tom said:

Bonkers. I’ve got wall-to-wall carpets in this long-term rental and I’d rip ‘em out tomorrow if I could. We’re fastidiously clean, no shoes indoors etc, but if you ever have to retrieve anything from under the sofa you can tell they’re always somewhat funky close up. Can’t possibly be hygienic having fabric permanently stuck to the floor in high-traffic areas.

My gran still had a deep-pile coral carpet in her bathroom until a couple years ago. Made me heave, proper anachronisms in modern homes IMO. Get that floorboard sander rented!

lol

I really hope that this is your biggest issue in life.  

In many ways he had it all to be a Top Top Striker but injuries have meant he’s not been able to have the career he should have had?

Seem to remember he played a lot of senior football in his teens. Perhaps there is a lesson there that when a teenager breaks into the first team

their workload has to be carefully managed?

It could go the other way though, David Pleat was far too cautious with Ritchie Humphreys when he broke into our first team and even though he went on to play a lot of games, they weren’t at the level perhaps they could’ve been?

Who’d be a Football Club Manager, eh.? 🤣

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Who’d be a Football Club Manager, eh.? 🤣

Only if its on Football Manager. Even then it's a risky business. I signed Bellingham at 17yo for £26m for Wednesday after getting into Premier.

2 months in and he breaks his leg. Out for 6 months.

Who'd be a football manager indeed. 

• Haha 1