Connor Wickham

BIG D

6 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

What a ********.

Neil, how can I be put on comment moderation yet bells like this guy can post freely?

People opinions vary don’t they, I'm also happy we didn’t sign him when we had been rumoured to be after him, for this reason. He will return to the pitch one day and I still think he could come good at this level, but not for me. 

• Like 3

Just now, WendyOK said:

People opinions vary don’t they, I'm also happy we didn’t sign him when we had been rumoured to be after him, for this reason. He will return to the pitch one day and I still think he could come good at this level, but not for me. 

Suggesting that someone can't be unhappy he can't do his job because he's on 30k a week isn't an opinion, it's bellendery.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Suggesting that someone can't be unhappy he can't do his job because he's on 30k a week isn't an opinion, it's bellendery.

It was tongue in cheek, I even said I feel for the bloke, everything isn’t as serious as you first read, you know. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Good luck to the lad....on a side note, on his wages I'd have had carpets fitted.

Bonkers. I’ve got wall-to-wall carpets in this long-term rental and I’d rip ‘em out tomorrow if I could. We’re fastidiously clean, no shoes indoors etc, but if you ever have to retrieve anything from under the sofa you can tell they’re always somewhat funky close up. Can’t possibly be hygienic having fabric permanently stuck to the floor in high-traffic areas.

My gran still had a deep-pile coral carpet in her bathroom until a couple years ago. Made me heave, proper anachronisms in modern homes IMO. Get that floorboard sander rented!

lol

2 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Bonkers. I’ve got wall-to-wall carpets in this long-term rental and I’d rip ‘em out tomorrow if I could. We’re fastidiously clean, no shoes indoors etc, but if you ever have to retrieve anything from under the sofa you can tell they’re always somewhat funky close up. Can’t possibly be hygienic having fabric permanently stuck to the floor in high-traffic areas.

My gran still had a deep-pile coral carpet in her bathroom until a couple years ago. Made me heave, proper anachronisms in modern homes IMO. Get that floorboard sander rented!

lol

Love a floorboard sand. Can't fault you.

Nowt worse than carpets when they get in your head because they're so in your face with stains and bits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flo said:

Are you high? Carpets are for the poor

In footballing terms he is poor.  It's all relative. 

He might only be on £20k a week, which sounds a lot but really isn't when you think that average energy bills are going up by about £300 a year and the cost of petrol is up about 3p/ltr since last week.

• Haha 4