We would be MUCH better without Bannan

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Ian said:

Ok we'll use your number of games

Average points per game without Bannan = 3

Average points per game with Bannan = 1.3

You free to rest your case on those stats

is that the best you can come up with. Comparing one game to 10. Try coming up with a reasoned argument or there is no point discussing with you. 

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

Utter guff. We are that rigid that if 1 player tries too hard and goes to close the opposition down it all goes to pot?

lol

If his efforts are misdirected mate ..yes..cos it leaves spaces he has left that could be better utilised if he stayed there

• Like 1

I think part of the problem with Bannan, is that he has too many responsibilities.  He takes the penalties, all the corners and free kicks.  Then during play, it tends to gravitate to giving the ball to Bannan and hope something can happen.  

With set pieces, I don't think we are very good at them, rarely do we take full opportunity to get at them.  We have big players like Iorfa and Dunkley who are a threat in the box but hardly capitalise on these situations.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BIG D said:

What about teams who press the ball all over the pitch? They must be really easy to get through. 

That'd a well oiled  chain smoothly turning around the cogs.

1 player pressing on his own is a link in a chain breaking and leaving a gap.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I still think we’d be better as a team if all the other players upped their game and tried as hard as Bannan.  It’d be good to see Wing actually get a dab on. He must have been amazing yesterday because no one’s pointing the finger at him. 

Edited by BIG D
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Utter guff. We are that rigid that if 1 player tries too hard and goes to close the opposition down it all goes to pot?

lol

The problem is that his teammates don't know which way he's going to run.

If only there was a way to fit him to a well drilled midfield unit?......

I know.

TELL THE DIZZY LITTLE INIESTA TO HOLD THE POSITION YOU'VE GIVEN HIM.

I expect that Moore is frightened of the club owner calling him and asking why he's upset his highest earner.

6 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I think part of the problem with Bannan, is that he has too many responsibilities.  He takes the penalties, all the corners and free kicks.  Then during play, it tends to gravitate to giving the ball to Bannan and hope something can happen.  

With set pieces, I don't think we are very good at them, rarely do we take full opportunity to get at them.  We have big players like Iorfa and Dunkley who are a threat in the box but hardly capitalise on these situations.  

I think part of the problem..as you say..is him using Hillsborough as a grown ups school yard with him being Roy of the Rovers and getting away with it.

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I think part of the problem..as you say..is him using Hillsborough as a grown ups school yard with him being Roy of the Rovers and getting away with it.

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes nor do I know who makes these decision but it doesn't make sense to me having one player do so many jobs.  After all it is not like he can practice everything at the same time in training.

Split the jobs up I say. 

Penalties, give the responsibilities to two or three strikers, Berahino, Gregory, Paterson. 

Free kicks, again use a left footer on one side and a right footer on the other.  Johnson has great crossing ability but never used, Lewis Wing the same applies.    

I would like to see a more methodical approach to set pieces, penalties and so on.  With certain players given specific duties depending on the situation.  Because what we are currently doing is not working.  

• Like 2

Guest Willow Owl
18 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I still think we’d be better as a team if all the other players upped their game and tried as hard as Bannan.  It’d be good to see Wing actually get a dab on. He must have been amazing yesterday because no one’s pointing the finger at him. 

Totally agree with this. People deliberately trying to find fault with Bannan. Then also blaming Bannan for how atrocious the rest of the midfield was, especially Wing and Shodipo. Beggars belief.

31 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

is that the best you can come up with. Comparing one game to 10. Try coming up with a reasoned argument or there is no point discussing with you. 

But that’s the issue isn’t it…..if we have a 100% success rate without Bannan in that 1 game then why wouldn’t you try it again when the success rate with him is so p**s poor.

you can argue how good he is all you want but the results we get with him in the team are a matter of fact

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes nor do I know who makes these decision but it doesn't make sense to me having one player do so many jobs.  After all it is not like he can practice everything at the same time in training.

Split the jobs up I say. 

Penalties, give the responsibilities to two or three strikers, Berahino, Gregory, Paterson. 

Free kicks, again use a left footer on one side and a right footer on the other.  Johnson has great crossing ability but never used, Lewis Wing the same applies.    

I would like to see a more methodical approach to set pieces, penalties and so on.  With certain players given specific duties depending on the situation.  Because what we are currently doing is not working.  

Agreed especially the penalty takers. Strikers have to take the penalties for me, if they score it gives them that confidence needed, especially if they are on a goal drought. I remember MacLean scored a number of them that season he was top scorer at the club and ofcourse scored the most important one at Cardiff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

You are so painfully blinkered when it comes to Barry Bannan.

Let's look at this at a macro scale. When Barry Bannan was unquestionably our main player and captain, the club got relegated. We will not get promoted with him playing for this club. 

His current stats for Sheffield Wednesday are:

Played 267

Assisted 40 (one every 6.5 ish games... he takes every set piece)

Scored 14 (one every 19 games)

He barely contributes defensively.

You are getting in arguments with fellow Wednesday fans when they point out that this mid-table League One midfielder, with one goal and one assist in 8 games, has flaws that are of detriment to the side. They're not saying he isn't good enough, they're just saying that he has habits that are not great that have been witnessed over 250+ games... and you're having a go at them for it.

Take a step back.

Means sod all wivout a graph!!!!...pull yourself together mate lol

• Haha 1