We would be MUCH better without Bannan

1 minute ago, prowl said:

I thought he had a good game but we played poorly in that first half, the second was a bit better but Oxford were a class above us in the way they moved the ball.

Is it that the other players just don't play well with Bannan on the pitch. There was a corner just before our goal, Bannan had just been involved in a free kick in the other corner so he had to run right across the pitch to take the corner. Not one of our players made the slightest attempt to move to take the corner. Why not?  Is it instructions from the manager, is it because they know Bannan is going to stop them taking it.

Moore should be sorting issues like this out not the players. If he is saying Bannan does all free kicks, corners and penalties then he needs to look at it again, if it isn't then he needs to put his foot down.

We looked twice the team against Wigan that we did today, Bannan played today, he played well and we were crap. We need to understand what is going on because something isn't working. If we want promotion this needs sorting.

It’s the feckin managers tactics 

and dropping players like Brown every week 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Not really mate, your dislike of our best player definitely is though.

Aye, don't play him, win.

Play him, lose.

It's ok though. I'm not annoyed about losing to Oxford. I got to see Barry play. Go me.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He played everywhere. As he generally does. 

And that’s what I mean in the post I just typed out. He’s not disciplined enough to play as part of a team. He gets drawn to areas he shouldn’t be. He leaves gaping holes where he should be. 

I’m sure he means well. But it doesn’t make the team better, although his personal stats may look alright/good as a result. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

yes. I watch every game. 

Did you notice the time Dunkley was under pressure in the left back slot and Bannan saw the problem and made a sliding tackle?

Did you notice the attempts he had on goal ?

Did you notice anything he did well ?

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, HullOwlPhil said:

Aye, don't play him, win.

Play him, lose.

It's ok though. I'm not annoyed about losing to Oxford. I got to see Barry play. Go me.

So we would have won today if he hadn't played. That’s what you’re saying.

I’ve just had a look at MOTM and it looks as if it’s a good job he was.

Bannan 20.83%

Wing %

Adeniran 0%

Shodipo 0%

You like your stats, how many goals/assists has Wing got so far?

But yeah, drop Bannan. 

Edited by BIG D

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

And that’s what I mean in the post I just typed out. He’s not disciplined enough to play as part of a team. He gets drawn to areas he shouldn’t be. He leaves gaping holes where he should be. 

I’m sure he means well. But it doesn’t make the team better, although his personal stats may look alright/good as a result. 

Load of crappp

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

So we would have won today if he hadn't played. That’s what you’re saying.

I’ve just had a look at MOTM and it looks as if it’s a good job he was.

Bannan 20.83%

Wing %

Adeniran 0%

Shodipo 0%

You like your stats, how many goals/assists has Wing got so far?

But yeah, drop Bannan. 

How many words are you putting in my mouth?

You're so weird. Honestly. It's bizarre.

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

totally agree, he tries to come for the ball every time, overcompensating for other players and everyones too reliant on him when he plays & more direct instead of passing it about waiting for worldy pass

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Did you notice the time Dunkley was under pressure in the left back slot and Bannan saw the problem and made a sliding tackle?

Yes, but as a team we were worse. It is possible to take your best player/good players off and make the team better. Spurs outplayed Chelsea the other week in first half. They took off Mount and replaced him with Kante. They created more and controlled the game despite taking off their creative midfielder. 

Having a good player in a team that is often outplayed by weaker/worse players doesn’t make the loss any easier to take. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

totally agree, he tries to come for the ball every time, overcompensating for other players and everyones too reliant on him when he plays & more direct instead of passing it about waiting for worldy pass

lol

8 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Load of crappp

7 minutes ago, BIG D said:

It really is. Utter guff

Fair enough, you’re entitled to your views as much as I/others are too. 

It looks like Moore will keep playing him. So you’ll get to see him doing his thing, hopefully as a team we start to do well alongside him. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Bannan comes back in the team and our midfield gets over ran and overpowered. 

Coincidence? 

Do you actually watch games?

He was better than our other midfielders today.

Adeniran had a mare and although Wing improved second half he is painfully slow. 

14 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

I noticed all of those. There's no denying Bannan played well.

So why were we so poor. I know you've said it's the managers tactics, maybe that's right, maybe not. All I know is that as a team we were really poor in the first half and not much better in the second. We lost to a team that had a number of first team players ruled out just before kick off with covid. I know every team has an off day, we have more off days than most.

Something is wrong in the structure somewhere. We can't blame it on DC, he's taken a back seat while funding a new squad.  I don't honestly think it's Moore, he might not be a great manager, I honestly don't know, but we've been like this for several years now and look at the number of managers we've had. Not one of them has sorted things out. Monk thought it was Hutch and Westwood that were the problem, they weren't.

Unless we sort out why we are like we are we will stagnate in this league and gradually get worse.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, prowl said:

..... There was a corner just before our goal, Bannan had just been involved in a free kick in the other corner so he had to run right across the pitch to take the corner. Not one of our players made the slightest attempt to move to take the corner. Why not?  Is it instructions from the manager, is it because they know Bannan is going to stop them taking it..

This I found absolutely astonishing. He runs 50 yards just to take free kicks. Why?

Oh, and both deliveries were abysmal, btw.

• Like 3