We would be MUCH better without Bannan

5 minutes ago, BIG D said:

At least you’re roping Wing in now as well. Only a Wednesday fan would moan about MOTM when it goes titsup.

lol

I think he’s a really good player, overrated by many but still really good. I just think we as a collective suffer when he’s in the team. 

It is possible you know to want team to do well rather than just a player? We played some dross on Tuesday but the effort was tenfold that of today. In this league, that wins games. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HullOwlPhil said:

Lol

Didn't even go today 

Slag fans off anyway

I’m away daft lad and no I’m not slagging fans off, just you. My season ticket which I’ve stumped up for since I started work in ‘76 went to a young lad who doesn’t get to go much.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I think he’s a really good player, overrated by many but still really good. I just think we as a collective suffer when he’s in the team. 

It is possible you know to want team to do well rather than just a player? We played some dross on Tuesday but the effort was tenfold that of today. In this league, that wins games. 

So you are saying Bannan lacks effort ?

15 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Today = Shodipo awful, Adeniran awful (hurts me to say it!), Wing awful, Peacock-Farrell more dodgy keeping, Moore's subs awful, Moore's tactics awful, but yeah, Bannan's fault...

Agree,i dont think BB is the issue its deffo DM  tactics,yes BB role in delivering What DM  wants can be Q,and rightly so, but todays result is on the manager..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

You’re putting the effort of the whole team down to Bannan playing?

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

So you are saying Bannan lacks effort ?

No, not really. He is at times like a moth to the flame. Buzzing around chasing the ball. But all too often it’s not as part of a team effort but individual effort. 

He gets drawn to the ball like a moth to a flame and leaves big holes where he’s supposed to be. That makes the others around him look worse than they are as they try to cover that up for him. 

His creativity normally outweighs the fact that he’s not disciplined enough to hold a position or mark a man. But this season in his 8/9 starts he has less assists than Kachunga. Less than Wes Hoolahan, Kieran Lee has twice as many today as Bannan has all season. 

So if he’s not contributing creatively and IMO he weakens us defensively I don’t understand how he is delivering any value for money when he, likely, earns as much as most combined midfields we face. 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Two shots on target out of four...two shots and two assists from Bannan...and it's his fault ? 

I thought he had a good game but we played poorly in that first half, the second was a bit better but Oxford were a class above us in the way they moved the ball.

Is it that the other players just don't play well with Bannan on the pitch. There was a corner just before our goal, Bannan had just been involved in a free kick in the other corner so he had to run right across the pitch to take the corner. Not one of our players made the slightest attempt to move to take the corner. Why not?  Is it instructions from the manager, is it because they know Bannan is going to stop them taking it.

Moore should be sorting issues like this out not the players. If he is saying Bannan does all free kicks, corners and penalties then he needs to look at it again, if it isn't then he needs to put his foot down.

We looked twice the team against Wigan that we did today, Bannan played today, he played well and we were crap. We need to understand what is going on because something isn't working. If we want promotion this needs sorting.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

No, not really. He is at times like a moth to the flame. Buzzing around chasing the ball. But all too often it’s not as part of a team effort but individual effort. 

He gets drawn to the ball like a moth to a flame and leaves big holes where he’s supposed to be. That makes the others around him look worse than they are as they try to cover that up for him. 

His creativity normally outweighs the fact that he’s not disciplined enough to hold a position or mark a man. But this season in his 8/9 starts he has less assists than Kachunga. Less than Wes Hoolahan, Kieran Lee has twice as many today as Bannan has all season. 

So if he’s not contributing creatively and IMO he weakens us defensively I don’t understand how he is delivering any value for money when he, likely, earns as much as most combined midfields we face. 

Did you watch the game today?

4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

You’re putting the effort of the whole team down to Bannan playing?

I just think his chasing down the keeper showboating effort leaves big gaps in our team. That’s compounded by his inability to be disciplined to track a runner or not get drawn to the ball defensively. 

Usually his assists make up for it. This season and last season I’m not sure they do. 

• Thanks 1