We would be MUCH better without Bannan

Guest Willow Owl

I rest my case. 
Just  got in after being out since 11.00 am so apologies if I offend anyone. 

Wing, more chance of getting pecked by a Dodo than him making a pass to a team mate. 

Bannan still our best midfielder by far. 

Guest Willow Owl
4 hours ago, BIG D said:

When we were a half decent side Bannan played passes to players who could make space for themselves, control the f**king thing and pass and score. 
I’d suggest it’s up to the other players to up their game. 

Totally agree, 

1 hour ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

Unless we are bossing the game he offers very little, we needed a leader today and he was nowhere. Oxford bossed the midfield most of the game, fuccen Oxford fuccen Oxford. UTO 

Bit hard to boss midfield from right wing. Tactics first half were shocking.  

Side is not balanced, playing a center mid on right wing (bannnan then adrenian) meant 80% of out attacks were down left hand side.

8 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Bit hard to boss midfield from right wing. Tactics first half were shocking.  

Side is not balanced, playing a center mid on right wing (bannnan then adrenian) meant 80% of out attacks were down left hand side.

He played all season from the left Wembley play offs, nothing wrong then. We still haven’t won a game when conceding the 1st goal for ages while he’s captain. I agree he’s better in the middle and probably the least of our problems, but for the star everyone makes him out to be and the team captain he has to influence games far more than he is at present. UTO 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

I rest my case. 
Just  got in after being out since 11.00 am so apologies if I offend anyone. 

Wing, more chance of getting pecked by a Dodo than him making a pass to a team mate. 

Bannan still our best midfielder by far. 

So you rest your case after 2 games

1 where we leave Bannan out and win away

1 where we recall him and lose at home

Remind me not to waste my phone call on ringing you if I ever get banged up

• Love 3

15 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

You don’t think it’s Moore ??

Our two centre backs are probably the worst in the league for distribution but he insisted on them having the ball

Brown was one of our best performers at Wigan so he gets dropped 

He played Sam in midfield and guess what he got injured again 

He Played Bannan wide right today in the fist half 

the other week he played him nearly as a forward 

His substitutions are Bizarre 

He constantly let’s everyone bomb forward leaving us wide open at the back 

No he’s not to blame 

All good points...and Johnson's body language today was awful too...he was badly exposed today at left back and he knew he was having a mare on his own out there

• Like 1

We lost today because BPF dropped another clanger, Marvin Johnson isn’t a left back, Dunkley is incredibly poor, Adeniran and Wing lost every battle in the middle of the park and Moore’s subs did nothing to address the complete lack of link between midfield and Gregory/Berahino

Coming to the conclusion that Bannan is somehow the fatal flaw at Hillsborough blows my mind 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bleeder said:

No mate, you, (and I,) are just being thick.

BB didn't play v Wigan. We won.

BB did play today. We lost.

BBs fault.. QED

Exactly.

Just watched match of the day. Man Utd 1-0 up with Ronaldo on the bench. Ronaldo comes on and Everton make it 1-1, ergo judging by some of the experts in this thread, Man Utd clearly better off leaving Ronaldo on the bench so his fault they didn't win. 

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Ian said:

So you rest your case after 2 games

1 where we leave Bannan out and win away

1 where we recall him and lose at home

Remind me not to waste my phone call on ringing you if I ever get banged up

Not 2, but over the 10 league games we’ve played so far this season. 

1- Bannan was our best midfielder yesterday.

2- Wing was the worst in our midfield.

Wouldn’t accept the phone call as you cannot defend the indefensible 

15 hours ago, prowl said:

If it's Moore why has every other manager failed to sort out our problems?

Come off it,you the only one on here cant see that we are playing poor Div 3 teams as though we are playing Real Madrid?...letting them challenge and receive the ball with no effort by rolling the ball out,than losing it in an area where they can create problems and maybe a goal scoring chance?

Set a team up to play with only one up front,unsupported?....The deadwood that re other recent managers had to deal with,has largely gone.........

the Chairman backed DM......these are his players & his tactics....

And in my view the tactics are sh**e.....

If DM wont change them(i dont believe he will) He needs to go....NOW.if we are to have any chance of an automatic promotion place.

16 hours ago, cain said:

We’d be better still without Moore

Sadly i think our only hope of any chance of automatic promotion would be to part company now  or for him to change his ways and stop this insistence on playing it out....

I cant see him doing that,we just keep getting 'it takes time; ' all that will happen is,players will leave/change form will dip(as it has already) and we will stagnate in Div 3 still putting in dire,boring performances,but doing enough not to drop into the relegation zone...

Meanwhile we will continue to told 'this is a hard Division to get out of' as the Rotherhams,WW. maybe even the 'Acrington Stanleys' of this World climb above us...

Clearly the one player we had who looked capable of actually controlling a wet football, the only player other than Paterson who got into positions to have a worthwhile shot at goal, and the only player other than Paterson who looked like he was actually bothered was the problem yesterday. It's his fault that everybody else was rubbish, get rid of him. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

He played all season from the left Wembley play offs, nothing wrong then. We still haven’t won a game when conceding the 1st goal for ages while he’s captain. I agree he’s better in the middle and probably the least of our problems, but for the star everyone makes him out to be and the team captain he has to influence games far more than he is at present. UTO 

Bannan had a good game , he pulled off a great tackle tracking back, he was busy and put some nice passes in.

On the other hand at times Oxford cut through us like a hot knife through butter, why?  Is it because Bannan doesn't stay in position when we lose the ball. I keep thinking of all those times he goes on a race from the half way line to pressurise the keeper. No chance of success and he leaves a massive hole in our defensive structure. It looks good but it is pointless and needs stopping. Not a big thing but why haven't the coaching team had a word with him.  That's their job.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, prowl said:

Bannan had a good game , he pulled off a great tackle tracking back, he was busy and put some nice passes in.

On the other hand at times Oxford cut through us like a hot knife through butter, why?  Is it because Bannan doesn't stay in position when we lose the ball. I keep thinking of all those times he goes on a race from the half way line to pressurise the keeper. No chance of success and he leaves a massive hole in our defensive structure. It looks good but it is pointless and needs stopping. Not a big thing but why haven't the coaching team had a word with him.  That's their job.

I think you’re spot on here. It’s great having a Bannan in your team when you’re on top. But when you’re up against it not so much. 

If he was part of a three with Luongo and Adeniran he’d probably look fantastic. That’s one player who is disciplined and defensively sound and another that has an incredible engine on him. But if you don’t have a sitter and someone to cover the holes it’s just too easy to get through us. 

He’s drawn to the ball like a moth to a flame. I’m sure he means well but it’s ridiculous watching limited players pass away from him, watch him chase the ball and run into the gap he left. 

He may well earn as much as other teams combined but he cannot play them all by himself. Needs to leave it to others and hold his position/mark his man. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, prowl said:

Surely if Bannan is going forward then it's the job of the other 2 central midfielders to fill those gaps? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Surely if Bannan is going forward then it's the job of the other 2 central midfielders to fill those gaps? 

They can't do it. If we don't have the ball you need banks of players to fill spaces. You block the spaces and they can't find a way through. If one player goes on a run about your defensive plan falls to pieces. Different when you have the ball.

• Like 2

There’s so much noise around Bannan.

I just think it’s a case that the natural separation point has passed.

On the pitch everything has to go through him. He’s the captain almost by default rather than because he’s showing any particular skill for the role. Successive managers don’t seem to know what to do with or about him. Off the pitch he’s the first scapegoat for the fans, a source of division as people bicker over if he should be playing or not..

Are we better with him.. are we better without him.. where should he be playing.. should he be captain.. is he droppable.. for me I’m past caring. The one thing I am sure about is that club and player should have separated by now for both their sakes, and I don’t know for how much longer this can just go on.

• Like 4
  • Love 1