Ronaldo to Citeh?

Mickjj

I’ve said it before.

Pretend you’ve never seen a game of football in your life. 

Pick any 5 games from Messi or Ronaldo’s career.

Watch the entire 90 minutes.

Not 1 person would tell me that Ronaldo is a better footballer than Messi.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

I’ve said it before.

Pretend you’ve never seen a game of football in your life. 

Pick any 5 games from Messi or Ronaldo’s career.

Watch the entire 90 minutes.

Id say Ronaldo is the better athlete but Messi is the most gifted of the two.

In their early careers Ron was all about the flicks tricks and step overs, Messi didn't need all that his movement just let him glide past players.

As they are currently (last 2 years) Ronaldo has turned into the better goal scorer. Messi is  the better team player and still has the ability to glide past players.

The big question for Messi is, can he do it in another league? Ronaldo has shown he can do it in England, Spain and Italy and on the world stage constantly. can you say the same for  Messi?

But still say Messi is the most naturally skillfull of the two but so far Ronaldo has gone out and proved he can do it at every level.

If I had a 5 a side team and could only pick 1 of them it would be Messi every time.

5 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Id say Ronaldo is the better athlete but Messi is the most gifted of the two.

In their early careers Ron was all about the flicks tricks and step overs, Messi didn't need all that his movement just let him glide past players.

As they are currently (last 2 years) Ronaldo has turned into the better goal scorer. Messi is  the better team player and still has the ability to glide past players.

The big question for Messi is, can he do it in another league? Ronaldo has shown he can do it in England, Spain and Italy and on the world stage constantly. can you say the same for  Messi?

But still say Messi is the most naturally skillfull of the two but so far Ronaldo has gone out and proved he can do it at every level.

If I had a 5 a side team and could only pick 1 of them it would be Messi every time.

Ronaldo has scored 72 in 88 games for Juventus in the last 2 years as a central striker. Messi has scored 68 in 82 games for Barcelona in the same period. Hardly much difference considering you’re regarding Ronaldo as an out and out goalscorer now.

The ‘Big question’ is a load of rubbish. Time and, time again Messi has single handedly at times, beaten the best sides in Europe in the Champions League. If he can do it against Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man U, Bayern, Dortmund etc, why on earth would anyone think he wouldn’t be able to do it against Stoke, Reims, Koln or, Genoa?

Ronaldo hasn’t exactly played for the worst sides in the divisions he’s been in has he? Man U, Real Madrid and, Juventus? Let’s see what he does for Man United this time around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0wl18 said:

Ronaldo has scored 72 in 88 games for Juventus in the last 2 years as a central striker. Messi has scored 68 in 82 games for Barcelona in the same period. Hardly much difference considering you’re regarding Ronaldo as an out and out goalscorer now.

The ‘Big question’ is a load of rubbish. Time and, time again Messi has single handedly at times, beaten the best sides in Europe in the Champions League. If he can do it against Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man U, Bayern, Dortmund etc, why on earth would anyone think he wouldn’t be able to do it against Stoke, Reims, Koln or, Genoa?

Ronaldo hasn’t exactly played for the worst sides in the divisions he’s been in has he? Man U, Real Madrid and, Juventus? Let’s see what he does for Man United this time around.

Ok Leo, good luck at PSG 👍😁

8 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Rather than a sarcastic comment why not debate?

You raised your points. I answered them. 

Tell me why I’m wrong 🤷🏼‍♂️

No point, late and you're not after a debate just an argument as you've clearly made your own mind up and not going to change.

2 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

No point, late and you're not after a debate just an argument as you've clearly made your own mind up and not going to change.

What part of my past was argumentative? You put your point across. I countered it. You resorted to sarcasm. 

Surely it's time to bin this nonsense of Ronaldo "doing it" at international level and Messi hasn't?

Messi has won the Copa America and been runner up 3 times - been a losing WC finalist

Ronaldo played a nanosecond of Portugal's Euro champs win - zip else

How is Ronny's record at level better than Messi again?

1 minute ago, scram said:

Surely it's time to bin this nonsense of Ronaldo "doing it" at international level and Messi hasn't?

Messi has won the Copa America and been runner up 3 times - been a losing WC finalist

It's not.

Winning anything on the international stage is hard enough and they've both managed to achieve it.

Should also be pointed out that Portugal benefited massively from the new Euros format. They won one game in 90 minutes.

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

It's not.

Winning anything on the international stage is hard enough and they've both managed to achieve it.

Should also be pointed out that Portugal benefited massively from the new Euros format. They won one game in 90 minutes.

Could also be pointed out how the teams playing in the Copa america each time are quite a lot weaker than those Portugal face in the Euros. Besides Argentina and Brazil, i would fully expect the likes of Portugal, England, Germany etc to beat all the other teams in south america when they face them in the world cup.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

Interesting you say that, as i would chose Ronaldo.  And i notice when Neville asked Roy Keane "Ronaldo or Messi?", Keane's reply was "Ronaldo every day of the week".  So where does your fact above go from here?  

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Could also be pointed out how the teams playing in the Copa america each time are quite a lot weaker than those Portugal face in the Euros. Besides Argentina and Brazil, i would fully expect the likes of Portugal, England, Germany etc to beat all the other teams in south america when they face them in the world cup.  

Portugal played the European powerhouses of, Croatia, Austria, Hungary, Poland, and Wales on route to their final against France.

They won 1 game along the way. Legacy defining stuff if ever I’ve seen it.

27 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Interesting you say that, as i would chose Ronaldo.  And i notice when Neville asked Roy Keane "Ronaldo or Messi?", Keane's reply was "Ronaldo every day of the week".  So where does your fact above go from here?  

Because my post clearly said, as 2 man United legends, who both played with Ronaldo, which player they prefer didn’t it?

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

South America is a tough continent to play in. Same 10 or so teams been in  intense competition for years. The level of rivalry and competion is more condensed.And likes of Urguguay,Chile, Colombia, Bolivia and Peru ( playing at high altitude) etc are no mugs. No breaks againstminnows  like San Marino, Andorra, Liechenstein, Belarus etc. Look at England for example they routinely stroll through qualifying. 

Portugal for current qualifying have Luxembourg, Azerbijaan, Ireland who are poo atm,  Serbia. 

8 hours ago, scram said:

Messi is Argies record scorer with 76 in 151.

As you said its a myth Messi hasnt done it for his country.

Guest T Hardy
1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

You’ll find very few people actually saying Ronaldo is better, you’re probably talking about less than 5-10% of people in football. For people who say Ronaldo, it normally comes down to preference, which is an opinion I respect - some people just prefer Ronaldo, but won’t say he’s the better footballer. Those who say he’s better peddle the nonsense about other leagues; they don’t talk about football ability, as already mentioned a couple of times, nobody on the planet could compare footballing ability and say that anyone we’ve seen since 2008/9 is better than Messi.

The best two players of this generation is not in doubt. One is significantly better than the other as a footballer while the other may be the greatest athlete to play football but everything is subjective. 

Ronaldo might be the best header of a ball people have seen but for me Nigel Pearson was one of the best as well. Messi might be the greatest dribbler ever but if you watched Waddle walk round people for fun then stop, go back and do it again just to get an extra pop from the fans then you might think otherwise.  

The best two players I'd seen before Messi came along were Paul Gascoigne and original Ronaldo. Both had injuries and other off the pitch issues that ruined them but for actual ability they were as good as anyone. Does that mean they are the best two player ever? Of course not.

Longevity and subjectivity will always make the argument interesting but at the end of the day Messi is better. Facts.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

The best two players of this generation is not in doubt. One is significantly better than the other as a footballer while the other may be the greatest athlete to play football but everything is subjective. 

Ronaldo might be the best header of a ball people have seen but for me Nigel Pearson was one of the best as well. Messi might be the greatest dribbler ever but if you watched Waddle walk round people for fun then stop, go back and do it again just to get an extra pop from the fans then you might think otherwise.  

The best two players I'd seen before Messi came along were Paul Gascoigne and original Ronaldo. Both had injuries and other off the pitch issues that ruined them but for actual ability they were as good as anyone. Does that mean they are the best two player ever? Of course not.

Longevity and subjectivity will always make the argument interesting but at the end of the day Messi is better. Facts.

Original Ronaldo and his torturing of keepers was awesome.  Don't get enough players rounding keepers anymore.

• Like 1