Ronaldo to Citeh?

Mickjj

https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/24/cristiano-ronaldo-trying-to-force-manchester-city-move-with-jorge-mendes-working-on-swap-deal-15147240/

Cristiano Ronaldo is still trying to force a move to Manchester City with agent Jorge Mendes working overtime to get a move over the line.

The former Manchester United star has entered the final year of his contract with Juventus and has been persistently linked with a move away from Turin this summer.

While Juventus have insisted the 36-year-old has not asked to leave, speculation continues to mount over his future with L’Equipe now reporting the player is trying to engineer a return to the Premier League.

The report stresses any deal will be very complicated and will hinge on whether City sign Harry Kane from Tottenham.

But should the Premier League champions miss out on the England international, Ronaldo’s representatives will push for a move to the Etihad.

City have so far been frustrated in bid to sign Kane 

Ronaldo has reportedly spoken to Portugal internationals Ruben Dias, Joao Cancelo and Bernardo Silva over a possible move and is confident a deal can be thrashed out.

Mendes, Ronaldo’s agent, is also exploring a possible swap deal that would see another of his clients in Bernardo Silva head to Juventus. Aymeric Laporte is another who could be involved.

It is claimed only four clubs in world football are able to match Ronaldo’s €31m-a-year salary but the United legend is keen on City, where he believes he will be best placed to challenge for more Ballon d’Or titles.

United reportedly sounded out the possibility of bringing the Portuguese back to Old Trafford earlier this summer while he has also been linked with a sensational link-up with Lionel Messi at Paris Saint-Germain.

Meanwhile, City have so far been frustrated in their attempts to sign Kane from Tottenham.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy and has maintained that Kane is not for sale for less than £150m with Pep Guardiola and his staff reportedly losing confidence in the deal getting done.

Guest T Hardy

I made a thread about this the other week how I think this transfer would make a lot more sense than Kane. Haaland is available for 70m next year and is better and younger than Kane. Why not get Ronaldo as a short term solution up front until then?

Juventus and Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 36, will push for a move to Premier League champions Manchester City during the final week of the transfer window, with the former Manchester United favourite not keen on seeing out the final year of his contract with the Italians. (L'Equipe - in French)

Ronaldo has discussed the move with City's Portuguese contingent of Bernardo Silva, Ruben Dias, 24, and full-back Joao Cancelo, 27. Attacking midfielder Silva or City's Spain defender Aymeric Laporte, both 27, may be included as part of a swap deal. City are willing to meet Ronaldo's salary demands, but not prepared to pay a sizeable transfer fee. (L'Equipe - in French)

I think Ronaldo is more up for this than City…

I like him but he loves a show/saga about himself )too many players other than Ronaldo are getting attention at the moment) 

this is a lot cheaper than getting Kane and they’d sell a load more shirts… 

Ronaldo being more of a #9 these days would be a decent fit 

20 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Would be beautiful. Nothing better than seeing the entitled Man Utd fans in a fit 

Them and Liverpool fans on social media are just nuts.

I suppose when you're the two biggest clubs in the country, it follows you'll have a higher percentage of self entitled weirdos supporting you.

Honestly read Liverpool fans claiming yesterday that the League Cup draw is rigged because they have to play Norwich away.

Already got Man U fans disowning Ronaldo just because he's linked with a move lol

Edited by SiJ

I mean is anyone truly shocked that Ronaldo is happy to join City and doesn't give a throw about Man U fans' feelings?

The man is completely driven, a bit of a sociopath. I mean that in the nicest possible way. 

• Like 1

It’d put even more eyes on the Prem.

The title race would be interesting too. 

I can see it happening… maybe City could farm him out to their New York team after they’ve done with him. 

It’d also be Cities way of showing that they’ve bounced back from missing out on Messi and Kane. 

Haaland to Man U next season and we’d be spoilt for talent to watch in this country. 

Guest T Hardy

Apparently this is nothing more than a vanity project from the City owner to get one over on Qatar, Pep and the footballing people at City don’t want this transfer but the Sheikh does 

Can believe that tbh, after I’ve read about how Ronaldo won’t fit into City’s style when it comes to the big games