Ronaldo to Citeh?

Mickjj

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I can't say specifics but whatever United for example would have paid whatever they're paying to Messi. Messi just went to the place that could offer the most money. 

You don't know that at all

You're trying to bolster a rubbish point with nothing but 100% conjecture

If/when people can show the options messi turned down then people might take their idiocy about "the easy option" with some level of credibility

1 minute ago, scram said:

If/when people can show the options messi turned down then people might take their idiocy about "the easy option" with some level of credibility

I’m very confident he had plenty of offers.

1 minute ago, scram said:

Pretty much.

It's all idle speculation.

For all we know, Ronaldo may have jumped at the chance to join PSG.

It's not like Messi is the first world class player to rock up in Paris.

14 minutes ago, scram said:

I'm curious because you seem keen to criticise Messi for taking the easy option - so i'm wondering what other options were available to him that he ignored?

If he was the GOAT he’d have probably had more options 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Absolutely.

Ronaldo comes back to test himself in the most competitive league in the world,  whilst Messi cries off to walk a few Ligue 1 titles in a joke league.

There’s only one GOAT for me. 

Ronaldo went to a team that wins their domestic title & cups with more regularity than Celtic did in the same period - and left after they lost it for the first time in a decade! 

5 hours ago, Django said:

I wonder if Messi fancies a couple of years in Scotland or the MLS when he’s done conquering France 

:duntmatter:

Juventus won more in Italy than Celtic in Scotland in the last decade, until Ronaldo arrived and they regressed in all competitions. 

8 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

29 red cards would be nice

Think that might be a stretch.

The best bit will be when he realises that they've replaced Carrick and Scholes with Fred and McTominay lol

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Juventus won more in Italy than Celtic in Scotland in the last decade, until Ronaldo arrived and they regressed in all competitions. 

Ronaldo scored 29 times last season, more than Lukaku. Harsh to blame him for Juventus struggles?  Bit like if Spurs fans blamed Kane for them not winning anything in the past few seasons?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Ronaldo scored 29 times last season, more than Lukaku. Harsh to blame him for Juventus struggles?  Bit like if Spurs fans blamed Kane for them not winning anything in the past few seasons?

Of course I'm not blaming him totally. He was part of the team though. Not a team that were in self-destruction like Barcelona, who signed costly failures aplenty. Juventus were unchallenged in Italy since 2011, they won less in the period after they signed Ronaldo than in the same period before it and regressed in terms of Champions League progression. He is the 2nd best footballer of his generation and I expect him to do well for Man Utd but I don't think the Juve squad will be devastated. 

Guest T Hardy
2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Would be valid and correct to say that Ronaldo and Kane have disappointed in big games in recent years yes