Ronaldo to Citeh?

Mickjj

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Their lack of success has coincided with Fergie moving on. He was the life and soul of the club. He made everything tick. 

But to say the Glazers are a bad thing, is just preposterous. I’d understand if they didn’t spend any money, sold all their best players and had them languishing mid table. But they’re always up there and always back the manager in charge to make world class signings. 

When you have clubs like Bury ceasing to exist and entitled Man Utd fans getting a game of football cancelled because of their ownership - is quite frankly disgraceful. 

“To say the Glazers are a bad thing is preposterous” 

Youre on another planet. They’ve taken hundreds of millions out of the club and for what? 

2 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Absolutely.

Ronaldo comes back to test himself in the most competitive league in the world,  whilst Messi cries off to walk a few Ligue 1 titles in a joke league.

There’s only one GOAT for me. 

Oh you’ve done it now

Nothing gets tempers raging like a Messi- Ronaldo GOAT debate

You’re 100% right tho 

5 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Load a debt free club with millions of pounds of debt. Invest nothing and fleece the club of hundreds of millions of pounds in loan payments and dividends. That’s @SallyCinnamon idea of good owners 

Football club in running the football club like a business - hardly shocking.

Theyve just signed Cristiano Ronaldo.

Bad owners?

Please.

13 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yeah a proper challenge in England, where the team at the bottom of the PL who leak goals for fun are able to put 6 past a promotion chasing Championship team in the cup.

The goal difference for the top clubs in the PL is as big as in most leagues, plenty of whipping boys to get the teeth into. 

Are you arguing for the sake of it. You do not think the french league is more competitive than England 

9 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Sorry forgot the point where Manchester United were relegated, under a transfer embargo and had points docked. 

Last I saw they were signing the worlds best player.

Awful them Glazers.

I genuinely don’t get why people are arguing with you on this one. So what if the Glazers are running the club with the money it generates, that’s how it’s suppost to work. “Oh but they take money out of the club” yeah that’s how having a business works too isn’t it? 

1 hour ago, Django said:

I genuinely don’t get why people are arguing with you on this one. So what if the Glazers are running the club with the money it generates, that’s how it’s suppost to work. “Oh but they take money out of the club” yeah that’s how having a business works too isn’t it? 

Absolutely. It’s absolute bonkers argument.

It’s as if people haven’t been awake for the past 30 years and don’t understand what football has become.

14 hours ago, T Hardy said:

Outside of heading, penalty taking and strength, what footballing attributes does he have that make him the GOAT? 

Don’t want to here about other leagues, strictly speaking about attributes of a footballer. I think when you consider all attributes of a footballer, it’s a nonsense argument to make that he’s the greatest 

14 hours ago, T Hardy said:

I totally agree he’s one of the best ever, he does what other players do more consistently on a regular basis, but he’s not THE greatest, I don’t think anybody who watches a lot of football can say he is. He might be the greatest goalscorer we’ve ever seen, but all round play as a footballer, no chance, think of all the attributes. And yeah it does come up a lot, I’m surprised how wrong some people still continue to be lol 

Would love to know what attributes you feel a pro footballer should be measured on?

Pretty much everyone in the world accepts it's between Messi and Ronaldo as the greatest players, but you think ronaldo being mentioned is nonsense.

Also interested to know what credentials you have to qualify your statement?

1 hour ago, Django said:

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s as if people haven’t been awake for the past 30 years and don’t understand what football has become.

"money it generates" 

Yeah, that's not how business and debt work and man utd are currently £450m+ in debt and the issue is, that the club is accruing more debt, whilst the glazer family keeps taking dividends out. if you don't understand why that is a bad thing, you probably need to brush up on your business knowledge a little. 

• Like 1

Guest T Hardy
7 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Would love to know what attributes you feel a pro footballer should be measured on?

Pretty much everyone in the world accepts it's between Messi and Ronaldo as the greatest players, but you think ronaldo being mentioned is nonsense.

Also interested to know what credentials you have to qualify your statement?

Passing, dribbling, vision, awareness, shooting, corner taking, first touch, free kick taking - some off the top of my head 

I think you’ll find actually that you’re probably looking at 95% of players, current and former who say Messi is the best. Those with an allegiance to Ronaldo’s club will usually say Ronaldo, but you even have Scholes and Rooney who go against that. The most prominent people who say CR7 is the greatest are obsessed with the idea he’s played in different leagues - you find it’s put forward by fan accounts, some of his team mates and broadcasters like Piers Morgan and Richard Keys, who haven’t played football.

My credentials? Watching football and taking the view that the majority of the experts do

3 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Passing, dribbling, vision, awareness, shooting, corner taking, first touch, free kick taking - some off the top of my head 

I think you’ll find actually that you’re probably looking at 95% of players, current and former who say Messi is the best. Those with an allegiance to Ronaldo’s club will usually say Ronaldo, but you even have Scholes and Rooney who go against that. The most prominent people who say CR7 is the greatest are obsessed with the idea he’s played in different leagues - you find it’s put forward by fan accounts, some of his team mates and broadcasters like Piers Morgan and Richard Keys, who haven’t played football.

My credentials? Watching football and taking the view that the majority of the experts do

Ronaldo absolutely deserves to be considered as the best player in the world, whether he is or not really depends on a persons preference. But to say it's nonsense to even consider him, then validate your comment with basic 'attributes' which anyone in the game would acknowledge ronaldo actually excels in, as well as slating piers morgan and richard keys but then admitting your own knowledge is formed the same way as theirs (although i'd argue they are likely way more intelligent than most football fans) is what's actually nonsense! 

Ronaldo's vertical jump and vo2max are in a league of their own for a footballer alone. the guy is a specimen.

The question: messi or ronaldo is like the question tîts or àss, the obvious answer is....both 

lol

40 minutes ago, 0742 said:

"money it generates" 

Yeah, that's not how business and debt work and man utd are currently £450m+ in debt and the issue is, that the club is accruing more debt, whilst the glazer family keeps taking dividends out. if you don't understand why that is a bad thing, you probably need to brush up on your business knowledge a little. 

The world is built on debt 

Guest T Hardy
31 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Ronaldo absolutely deserves to be considered as the best player in the world, whether he is or not really depends on a persons preference. But to say it's nonsense to even consider him, then validate your comment with basic 'attributes' which anyone in the game would acknowledge ronaldo actually excels in, as well as slating piers morgan and richard keys but then admitting your own knowledge is formed the same way as theirs (although i'd argue they are likely way more intelligent than most football fans) is what's actually nonsense! 

Ronaldo's vertical jump and vo2max are in a league of their own for a footballer alone. the guy is a specimen.

The question: messi or ronaldo is like the question tîts or àss, the obvious answer is....both 

lol

It’s not about preference, if you think of all the attributes of footballers there’s no way that anybody can consider CR7 the best, no chance. Like you said, strength, jumping, physique. Yeah, I give him that side of the game. Everything else? A real simple way of looking at it is to take away goals and then see what you have of both players. 

And I’m not doing what those two do actually, because I’m going with the majority of people within the game who have played. Did you know Morgan used to tweet Messi was the greatest until he got an interview with Ronaldo? What do you think made him change his mind? lol  

2 hours ago, Django said:

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

agreed- never quite got it

it's the best thing since sliced bread when they run their clubs economically well in Germany.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

It’s not about preference, if you think of all the attributes of footballers there’s no way that anybody can consider CR7 the best, no chance. Like you said, strength, jumping, physique. Yeah, I give him that side of the game. Everything else? A real simple way of looking at it is to take away goals and then see what you have of both players. 

And I’m not doing what those two do actually, because I’m going with the majority of people within the game who have played. Did you know Morgan used to tweet Messi was the greatest until he got an interview with Ronaldo? What do you think made him change his mind? lol  

I don't get your argument because his skills fit his position and role he took on the pitch which he excelled at. It's like saying Messi isn't the best player because he wasn't amazing at tackling etc. Therefore you could only consider an all rounder CM as the best player ever because they can do a little bit of everything or someone like Dion Dublin who could play up front or CB lol