Ronaldo to Citeh?

Mickjj

1 hour ago, 0742 said:

"money it generates" 

Yeah, that's not how business and debt work and man utd are currently £450m+ in debt and the issue is, that the club is accruing more debt, whilst the glazer family keeps taking dividends out. if you don't understand why that is a bad thing, you probably need to brush up on your business knowledge a little. 

The fans don’t own the club. Sorry.

Can’t have it both ways. Can’t jump for joy at spending millions and millions on world class players and moan about owners, who make that possible, taking money out of the club.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

agreed- never quite got it

it's the best thing since sliced bread when they run their clubs economically well in Germany.

It’s common knowledge that to be a good  owner then you must

a. Put in vast amounts of your person wealth

b. Never expect to receive a penny from the club in profit

c. Win trophies every single season 

d. Kiss the fans arse at every given opportunity 

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Can’t have it both ways. Can’t jump for joy at spending millions and millions on world class players and moan about owners, who make that possible, taking money out of the club.

Tell you what. Chansiri can take whatever he wants out of Wednesday if we’re in the top 6 of the PL each season 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Django said:

It’s common knowledge that to be a good  owner then you must

a. Put in vast amounts of your person wealth

b. Never expect to receive a penny from the club in profit

c. Win trophies every single season 

d. Kiss the fans arse at every given opportunity 

e. But own a club that would make loads of money anyway without you as then you're simply 'buying the league' 

• Like 1

The Glazers don't put their own money in; they make some of the vast sums made by that club available for transfers.

They've take billions out and saddled the club with a huge amount of debt when they purchased it many moons ago.

The ground has not had much investment, along with the training ground.

So no, they are not particularly good owners but they happen to be in charge of a club where it would be pretty difficult to get it so wrong that they don't finish in the top 6. 

But yes, many Man U fans have more faces than a town clock when it comes to them. Theyll kick off for a bit and then be placated with a big signing. Same goes for most supporters.

Edited by SiJ

1 minute ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Not quite sure why it needs to get personal.

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with commenting on my posts. Bizarre. 

I think my previous post gives an insight into why.

Now why don't you run along and go and make some homophobic joke in the matchday section.

19 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I think my previous post gives an insight into why.

Now why don't you run along and go and make some homophobic joke in the matchday section.

You certainly are an odd character. You’ve either got an extremely high opinion of yourself or a real fragile ego.

I’ve noticed you seem to frequently discuss ‘the poster’ and not ‘the post’ on here in recent years. Perhaps life isn’t treating you too well. 

5 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

You certainly are an odd character. You’ve either got an extremely high opinion of yourself or a real fragile ego.

I’ve noticed you seem to frequently discuss ‘the poster’ and not ‘the post’ on here in recent years. Perhaps life isn’t treating you too well. 

I'm fine thank you.

Life is perfectly reasonable, but please feel free to speculate if it makes you feel better.

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You really don't get it do you! Complete side step of the issue around the debt of the business, which is man utd football club. 

39 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The Glazers don't put their own money in; they make some of the vast sums made by that club available for transfers.

They've take billions out and saddled the club with a huge amount of debt when they purchased it many moons ago.

The ground has not had much investment, along with the training ground.

So no, they are not particularly good owners but they happen to be in charge of a club where it would be pretty difficult to get it so wrong that they don't finish in the top 6. 

But yes, many Man U fans have more faces than a town clock when it comes to them. Theyll kick off for a bit and then be placated with a big signing. Same goes for most supporters.

This is a great post

44 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You're an idiot though so.

But this is terrible, come on, even though i only know you as a poster on here, you're better than that!

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

He could have gone anywhere- he's Messi 

That doesn't answer the question

But you know that

Which clubs did he turn down in order to go with the "easy option"

names of clubs please - not a load of waffle

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He could have gone anywhere- he's Messi 

He can't go somewhere if they didn't bid for him.

Ronaldo would have quite happily gone to PSG if that was an option.

Just now, 0742 said:

But this is terrible, come on, even though i only know you as a poster on here, you're better than that!

Fair enough.

I apologise to Orlando for getting personal.

Should have countered his points rather than take a cheap shot.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, scram said:

That doesn't answer the question

But you know that

Which clubs did he turn down in order to go with the "easy option"

names of clubs please - not a load of waffle

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

He can't go somewhere if they didn't bid for him.

Ronaldo would have quite happily gone to PSG if that was an option.

I can't say specifics but whatever United for example would have paid whatever they're paying to Messi. Messi just went to the place that could offer the most money. 

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

I can't say specifics but whatever United for example would have paid whatever they're paying to Messi. Messi just went to the place that could offer the most money. 

Yes, but Ronaldo isn't going to Man U for peanuts.

Worth remembering that Messi agreed to half his salary before Barca pulled the plug.