Ronaldo to Citeh?

Mickjj

2 minutes ago, thommowl said:

No you said Ronaldo was coming to England for a challenge if he joined City. A teams thats already the best in England. I was correcting you if you thought that was a challenge 

I think winning the English title is a much bigger challenge than the French one

2 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Absolutely 100% spot on. 

This “they always make funds available for big transfers” is bullshit. They are simply using the money the club naturally makes whilst extracting billions. Sadly too many fans are taken in by it all and that’s why they get away with it. 

Give over. Poor old Manchester United fans. Must be awful finishing top 4 every season, playing in Europe and signing the worlds best players.

Jesus wept.

Makes sense for Man Utd this transfer, they’ll recoup all the costs of this deal and some on the commercial side. Some clubs acting smarter than others in this window.

Meanwhile Real Madrid continue to show they’ve learnt nothing during their financial struggles of late…..if they complete the signing of Mbappe for anything like the figure quoted rather than a free next season it’s mental. I’ve actually enjoyed seeing both Spanish giants drop to earth with a bump. Badly run clubs.

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

They’ve taken hundreds of millions out the club. Man Utd were the richest club in the country before they came along. They routinely broke transfer records. They had zero debt and their stadium was the best in the country. I honestly can’t see any positive that those parasites have brought. 

So signing the most expensive midfield player in the world at the time in Pogba and the most expensive defender in the world in Maguire isn’t breaking transfer records? 

lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Were Man Utd the only top club in the world to agree to the ESL?

Nope. Fans bark at their owners to spend money. And then moan when they try and make money by joining a super league so they can spend more.

I’m not defending the decision but I have no sympathy for these tops clubs and their fanbase who think they’re suffering as a club. The entitlement is beyond pathetic and with the money they chuck about, for all I care, they can go and join a Super League. 

It's just what they have come to expect isn't it over the years. 

Would you expect us to be Morecombe tomorrow?  With the resources and power as a club we have. Surely that's entitlement but on a different scale.

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We signed some of the best players in the Championship a few seasons ago.

Any thoughts on our owner? 

Sorry forgot the point where Manchester United were relegated, under a transfer embargo and had points docked. 

Last I saw they were signing the worlds best player.

Awful them Glazers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

It's just what they have come to expect isn't it over the years. 

Would you expect us to be Morecombe tomorrow?  With the resources and power as a club we have. Surely that's entitlement but on a different scale.

At elite level I think as fans you have to accept that you aren’t guaranteed trophies every year. They had it so good. They’ve had a difficult 8 or so years for the standards they set under Fergie. But what do you expect when you have to replace a man who was integral to that success? Arguably the greatest manager to ever do it.

Despite all this they are still top 4 every year and have owners willing to spend big money to get them competing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Sorry forgot the point where Manchester United were relegated, under a transfer embargo and had points docked. 

Awful them Glazers.

I would agree. The Glazers haven't stopped them achieving nothing with what they do. they still provide them with more funds than anyone else apart from City to spend. A bit like us it's all about who you recruit to do the jobs.

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Awful them Glazers.

Yeah, that's not a level comparison is it. How successful have they been since the Glazer sons took full control from their late father? Man Utd were pretty used to winning without having to service debts and the expanded and improved their stadium on a regular basis.

You are taking the perspective of a global fan of the club who perhaps doesn't care how the club is run as he sits in his armchair but for those who have been going home and away through generations, how the club is run does matter. 

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

At elite level I think as fans you have to accept that you aren’t guaranteed trophies every year. They had it so good. They’ve had a difficult 8 or so years for the standards they set under Fergie. But what do you expect when you have to replace a man who was integral to that success? Arguably the greatest manager to ever do it.

Despite all this they are still top 4 every year and have owners willing to spend big money to get them competing. 

Except they have not been top 4 every year and keep getting knocked out of the CL before the last 8 when they do qualify. 

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

They’ve taken hundreds of millions out the club. Man Utd were the richest club in the country before they came along. They routinely broke transfer records. They had zero debt and their stadium was the best in the country. I honestly can’t see any positive that those parasites have brought. 

I'd give up mate. 

He's never wrong. 

15 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think winning the English title is a much bigger challenge than the French one

I'd agree that as of now there are more teams likely to win the Pl than there are challenging for the French title. Still, it isn't a great challenge to play for Man Utd, outside their own fan base they aren't expected to win the league anymore so it is not seen as a great failure if they don't - not as much pressure in that respect. 

Also, scoring goals against half of the division in the PL if you play for a top 4 team is not a challenge. 

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I would agree. The Glazers haven't stopped them achieving nothing with what they do. they still provide them with more funds than anyone else apart from City to spend. A bit like us it's all about who you recruit to do the jobs.

Absolutely. They got it wrong and panicked a bit for 3/4 years after Fergie.

But recent business past two seasons ago has been very good and much improved. The likes of Wan Bissaka, Maguire, Fernandes have been fantastic signings. 

It won’t be long until they win something again. 

13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Awful them Glazers.

You started a thread a couple of weeks ago stating Messi to be the best of all time.

Not like you to change your mind. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Absolutely. They got it wrong and panicked a bit for 3/4 years after Fergie.

But recent business past two seasons ago has been very good and much improved. The likes of Wan Bissaka, Maguire, Fernandes have been fantastic signings. 

It won’t be long until they win something again. 

Hard not to with the squad they are getting together. Even Ole might be able to achieve it. 🤣

24 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You started a thread a couple of weeks ago stating Messi to be the best of all time.

Not like you to change your mind. 

Ah great way to distract from the point I’m making. Fair play you’re quite good at that.

So is the worlds 2nd best player not good enough for Manchester United?

34 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yeah, that's not a level comparison is it. How successful have they been since the Glazer sons took full control from their late father? Man Utd were pretty used to winning without having to service debts and the expanded and improved their stadium on a regular basis.

You are taking the perspective of a global fan of the club who perhaps doesn't care how the club is run as he sits in his armchair but for those who have been going home and away through generations, how the club is run does matter. 

Their lack of success has coincided with Fergie moving on. He was the life and soul of the club. He made everything tick. 

But to say the Glazers are a bad thing, is just preposterous. I’d understand if they didn’t spend any money, sold all their best players and had them languishing mid table. But they’re always up there and always back the manager in charge to make world class signings. 

When you have clubs like Bury ceasing to exist and entitled Man Utd fans getting a game of football cancelled because of their ownership - is quite frankly disgraceful. 

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Give over. Poor old Manchester United fans. Must be awful finishing top 4 every season, playing in Europe and signing the worlds best players.

Jesus wept.

It’s very easy to slag them off from an SWFC perspective. It doesn’t make the actions of their owners right. You should be lining up against them. 

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So signing the most expensive midfield player in the world at the time in Pogba and the most expensive defender in the world in Maguire isn’t breaking transfer records? 

lol

You’re missing the point. They were breaking records before the parasite Glazers turned up. What benefit have they brought to the club?