Ronaldo to Citeh?

Mickjj

33 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

This was exactly my take on it and I was slaughtered for it on here. What can Wednesday realistically expect to achieve in our lifetimes? 7th in the Premier League one season before selling our best players? Accepting every season we’ll lose every game away from home against 1st to 6th, probably be happy to take a point when they come to Hillsborough? There’s already a massive divide between those Super League clubs and everyone else because of Sky (ok Leicester are one exception ever); from a selfish Wednesday view, I’m so happy for those clubs to bugger off and for us to aspire to join a top league that we can actually compete in that those greedy clubs have departed. I was disappointed when it didn’t happen. 

The ESL wouldn’t see the top teams leave the Premier League. It was an alternative to the Champions League. They basically wanted to guarantee themselves obscene amounts of money every season without earning it. Whatever happens, sporting merit has to be factored in. I’d love a breakaway league but, there should always be an opportunity to join that elite. 

41 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If your ownership is a disgrace for signing arguably the best football player in the world.

Well, that tells you all you need to know about the way football has gone.

Literally nobody has said that have they.

20 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Literally nobody has said that have they.

Its what’s being implied.

Maybe I should have worded it better.

If you think your owners are a disgrace when you’re signing arguably the best player in the world, that tells you all you need to know about the way football has gone.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Its what’s being implied.

Maybe I should have worded it better.

If you think your owners are a disgrace when you’re signing arguably the best player in the world, that tells you all you need to know about the way football has gone.

We signed some of the best players in the Championship a few seasons ago.

Any thoughts on our owner? 

48 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Is that really that turbulent?

They run the club like a business. Consistently spend big money on world class players. 

United’s problem is the Fergie hangover. Struggling to replace a truly exceptional manager who took the club to huge heights. Liverpool had it in the 90s and 00s.They can’t expect to win titles every year, football happens in cycles.

If you were telling me that the Glazers were not spending a penny, asset stripping etc, then you might have a case. But they’ve just signed one of the best young talents in the world and arguably the best player in the world in one transfer window.

So please, let’s not pretend Man Utd are being ran into the ground.

You keep making out as though the Glazers are pumping money in to support the manager. They have invested fizz all. They have taken out billions in servicing their debt and dividends whilst the club has fallen behind others both on and off the pitch. They are parasites and no one should be encouraging that form of ownership. 

1 hour ago, Quickly Kevin said:

What about the leveraging of debt and taking money out of club?

And are you defending the ESL decision?

And Citys spend is higher than Uniteds, thats just a fact.

And ground repairs are long overdue.

Man Uniteds revenue provide the funds, and Glazers leech of it and leverage debt.

Its not generous owners putting money in.

That is very poor ownership.

Absolutely 100% spot on. 

This “they always make funds available for big transfers” is bullshit. They are simply using the money the club naturally makes whilst extracting billions. Sadly too many fans are taken in by it all and that’s why they get away with it. 

• Thanks 1

Guest T Hardy
3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Absolutely 100% spot on. 

This “they always make funds available for big transfers” is bullshit. They are simply using the money the club naturally makes whilst extracting billions. Sadly too many fans are taken in by it all and that’s why they get away with it. 

Which as owners they’d be entitled to do..

But they don’t, and they let their manager spend an absolute fortune nearly every summer surpassing nearly every other club around.

Just now, T Hardy said:

Which as owners they’d be entitled to do..

But they don’t, and they let their manager spend an absolute fortune nearly every summer surpassing nearly every other club around.

What do you mean “but they don’t”? A look at the accounts for the last 10 years shows how much they have bled out the club to service a debt that no one asked for. The facilities at OT and Carrington are miles behind City. I genuinely don’t know by which metric the argument can be made they have been good for the club. 

• Like 2

Guest T Hardy
3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

What do you mean “but they don’t”? A look at the accounts for the last 10 years shows how much they have bled out the club to service a debt that no one asked for. The facilities at OT and Carrington are miles behind City. I genuinely don’t know by which metric the argument can be made they have been good for the club. 

This discussion is put forward like the Glazers just withdraw every penny the club makes. They don’t, and you just have to look at their transfer spending to see that 

7 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I guess you have put your house on them winning the title, as such a certainty!

Does having 75 percent possession equate to winning the league, you said a challenge. I don't agree with you. It may now be a challenge he's joined Man Utd. 

19 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

The challenge is to win the league? Weird point you’re making 

You were comparing Ronaldo going to city for a Challenge with Messi going to PSG for an easy life, Surely Messi is going for the challenge of winning the league. Or would it not be a challenge for Messi because that doesn't suit your argument 

3 minutes ago, thommowl said:

You were comparing Ronaldo going to city for a Challenge with Messi going to PSG for an easy life, Surely Messi is going for the challenge of winning the league. Or would it not be a challenge for Messi because that doesn't suit your argument 

I meant the challenge of winning the league in France for Paris is much lesser than England

1 hour ago, T Hardy said:

This discussion is put forward like the Glazers just withdraw every penny the club makes. They don’t, and you just have to look at their transfer spending to see that 

They’ve taken hundreds of millions out the club. Man Utd were the richest club in the country before they came along. They routinely broke transfer records. They had zero debt and their stadium was the best in the country. I honestly can’t see any positive that those parasites have brought. 

19 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I meant the challenge of winning the league in France for Paris is much lesser than 

congratulations you've finally put what you meant. Oh and maybe they signed Messi to win the league. Something they failed to do last year even though its less challenging.

31 minutes ago, thommowl said:

congratulations you've finally put what you meant. Oh and maybe they signed Messi to win the league. Something they failed to do last year even though its less challenging.

You think it’s more challenging for Paris to win their league than City to win ours? Cuz that’s what you’re saying 

23 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

You think it’s more challenging for Paris to win their league than City to win ours? Cuz that’s what you’re saying 

No you said Ronaldo was coming to England for a challenge if he joined City. A teams thats already the best in England. I was correcting you if you thought that was a challenge