Ronaldo to Citeh?

Mickjj

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Were Man Utd the only top club in the world to agree to the ESL?

Nope. Fans bark at their owners to spend money. And then moan when they try and make money by joining a super league so they can spend more.

I’m not defending the decision but I have no sympathy for these tops clubs and their fanbase who think they’re suffering as a club. The entitlement is beyond pathetic and with the money they chuck about, for all I care, they can go and join a Super League. 

Never said they were only club..bizarre.

But they hardly need to join the ESL to make money. 

And what are your views on this?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/02/timeline-glazers-and-their-turbulent-reign-at-manchester-united?espv=1

I know plenty of entitled United fans and call them out.

Doesnt make their owners any better.

Great that he’s back. The GOAT for me

An absolute machine and barring any bad injury he’ll be good for 20 plus goals for the next couple of years despite his age 

Man Utd are now just a competent manager away from reclaiming the title 

Guest T Hardy
6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Were Man Utd the only top club in the world to agree to the ESL?

Nope. Fans bark at their owners to spend money. And then moan when they try and make money by joining a super league so they can spend more.

I’m not defending the decision but I have no sympathy for these tops clubs and their fanbase who think they’re suffering as a club. The entitlement is beyond pathetic and with the money they chuck about, for all I care, they can go and join a Super League. 

This was exactly my take on it and I was slaughtered for it on here. What can Wednesday realistically expect to achieve in our lifetimes? 7th in the Premier League one season before selling our best players? Accepting every season we’ll lose every game away from home against 1st to 6th, probably be happy to take a point when they come to Hillsborough? There’s already a massive divide between those Super League clubs and everyone else because of Sky (ok Leicester are one exception ever); from a selfish Wednesday view, I’m so happy for those clubs to bugger off and for us to aspire to join a top league that we can actually compete in that those greedy clubs have departed. I was disappointed when it didn’t happen. 

Edited by T Hardy

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If your ownership is a disgrace for signing arguably the best football player in the world.

Well, that tells you all you need to know about the way football has gone.

Our pro Chansiri fans logic is he spent more money than other chairman.

Doesnt make him a good owner.

Guest T Hardy
1 minute ago, Django said:

Great that he’s back. The GOAT for me

An absolute machine and barring any bad injury he’ll be good for 20 plus goals for the next couple of years despite his age 

Man Utd are now just a competent manager away from reclaiming the title 

Outside of heading, penalty taking and strength, what footballing attributes does he have that make him the GOAT? 

Don’t want to here about other leagues, strictly speaking about attributes of a footballer. I think when you consider all attributes of a footballer, it’s a nonsense argument to make that he’s the greatest 

42 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Yep, I hate this idea that some people have that because they’re rich and historically successful, they deserve success now.

“This is Manchester United we’re talking about, Manchester United” I despise when pundits say that when they’re going through a rough spell

Absolutely.

Every club is the most important in the world to someone.  No club 'deserves' success.

5 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Outside of heading, penalty taking and strength, what footballing attributes does he have that make him the GOAT? 

Don’t want to here about other leagues, strictly speaking about attributes of a footballer. I think when you consider all attributes of a footballer, it’s a nonsense argument to make that he’s the greatest 

Not really 

10 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

This was exactly my take on it and I was slaughtered for it on here. What can Wednesday realistically expect to achieve in our lifetimes? 7th in the Premier League one season before selling our best players? Accepting every season we’ll lose every game away from home against 1st to 6th, probably be happy to take a point when they come to Hillsborough? There’s already a massive divide between those Super League clubs and everyone else because of Sky (ok Leicester are one exception ever); from a selfish Wednesday view, I’m so happy for those clubs to bugger off and for us to aspire to join a top league that we can actually compete in that those greedy clubs have departed. I was disappointed when it didn’t happen. 

I’m against the Super League in principle. But this summer seeing City, Utd, Chelsea fans etc on social media slating their club for not signing this player or that player for god knows how many millions has really left a sour taste in my mouth to be honest. 

Guest T Hardy
1 minute ago, Django said:

Not really 

Trying to debate this with your side of this debate is often the same as trying to debate someone who doesn’t know why they voted Brexit lol 

Guest T Hardy
3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’m against the Super League in principle. But this summer seeing City, Utd, Chelsea fans etc on social media slating their club for not signing this player or that player for god knows how many millions has really left a sour taste in my mouth to be honest. 

Yep and it will get worse 

13 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Never said they were only club..bizarre.

But they hardly need to join the ESL to make money. 

And what are your views on this?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/02/timeline-glazers-and-their-turbulent-reign-at-manchester-united?espv=1

I know plenty of entitled United fans and call them out.

Doesnt make their owners any better.

Is that really that turbulent?

They run the club like a business. Consistently spend big money on world class players. 

United’s problem is the Fergie hangover. Struggling to replace a truly exceptional manager who took the club to huge heights. Liverpool had it in the 90s and 00s.They can’t expect to win titles every year, football happens in cycles.

If you were telling me that the Glazers were not spending a penny, asset stripping etc, then you might have a case. But they’ve just signed one of the best young talents in the world and arguably the best player in the world in one transfer window.

So please, let’s not pretend Man Utd are being ran into the ground.

8 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Of course you can make the case he's one of the greatest, look how much he's won, and he's been central to every single team he's played in. Scores loads of goals and in big games.

Won pretty much everything apart from the WC.

Guest T Hardy
8 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Of course you can make the case he's one of the greatest, look how much he's won, and he's been central to every single team he's played in. Scores loads of goals and in big games.

Won pretty much everything apart from the WC.

I totally agree he’s one of the best ever, he does what other players do more consistently on a regular basis, but he’s not THE greatest, I don’t think anybody who watches a lot of football can say he is. He might be the greatest goalscorer we’ve ever seen, but all round play as a footballer, no chance, think of all the attributes. And yeah it does come up a lot, I’m surprised how wrong some people still continue to be lol 

Edited by T Hardy

6 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He is a winner and the prospect of adding another league title and leading City to a CL win is what he will care about (the huge wage is standard for him).

he probably looks at Messi and thinks he’s gonna France for easy football well I’ll go back to England for a proper challenge.

Dunno what this means for fantasy football

Yeah a proper challenge in England, where the team at the bottom of the PL who leak goals for fun are able to put 6 past a promotion chasing Championship team in the cup.

The goal difference for the top clubs in the PL is as big as in most leagues, plenty of whipping boys to get the teeth into. 

5 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I guess you have put your house on them winning the title, as such a certainty!

You'd have lost your house if you put it in PSG last season, given how easy it is in France.......

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

City no longer interested. So he’s told Juventus he no longer wants to play for them. Doesn’t seem right when a player under contract can do that. 

We had a squad full of them last season!