Matt’s gone to Ipswich and we don’t get a Penney from it

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think you (and others) seem to think that players we had were playing to the best of their ability 

It’s simply not true 

Absolutely!! I think he'll flourish in a team that is set up to attack and has a solid defensive platform. We were never set up in a way to allow an attacking fullback to thrive. 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Absolutely!! I think he'll flourish in a team that is set up to attack and has a solid defensive platform. We were never set up in a way to allow an attacking fullback to thrive. 

He dosnt track back tho after the attacking bit..he jogs back like palmer does...hes no miss wotsoever..cant wait to be proved right..again😉

Had chances to make the grade here - occasionally showed promise, but seemed to lack dedication and commitment.

Will need to up his game and work harder if he is to make the grade at Ipswich, but wish him well 

14 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

What's the 3 stars for?   They have won 1 lge title, 1 FAC, 1 UEFA cup, I know.    Shouldn't we have 8 stars on our shirts then?

Ignoring the Cromwell Cup and Sheffield and Hallamshire Senior Cup?  Should have 23 stars, circling the logo.  It'll be like an updated EU flag when we win a few trophies next year.

19 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Good luck to him, wasn't working out here, now has a fresh start.

Bit envious of Ipswich signing 5 players before they start pre-season. That's surely what any manager looking to improve things wants, the maximum amount of time to get new players to gel with team mates and understand how they are going to play. 

Probably go up this season Ipswich. Really rate Cook and made some good signings.

As for Penney. I still rate him. Lost his way here. He has ability, just needs to improve concentration. Needed a fresh start and I think he might do quite well down there.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I think you (and others) seem to think that players we had were playing to the best of their ability 

It’s simply not true 

Yeah this. 

Honestly don’t be surprised if players who were poor for us go on play well for their new clubs. Don’t be surprised at all.

Ipswich are definitely looking like they going for it this season. Penney is a good addition to an L1 side IMO. As has been said lost his way here a bit but think he’ll do Ok at Ipswich. He does look fed up in the photo though. Not an Ed Sheeran fan I’m guessing…

Guest Therealrealist
29 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah this. 

Honestly don’t be surprised if players who were poor for us go on play well for their new clubs. Don’t be surprised at all.

About 5 managers didnt fancy him...is that swfc's fault or penneys??

4 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

About 5 managers didnt fancy him...is that swfc's fault or penneys??

We’ll see won’t we?

Hey I think he was poor at times last season when called upon. But so was the entire squad. For me that’s down to the environment and mood around the club rather than the players individual abilities.

Definitely a player in there somewhere. Wish him the best.

14 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Glad cook didn’t get the gig here if that’s the calibration of his signings

Wait until you see the standard of players we will be signing. 

• Like 2