Which fans are actually ready for next season and the players we will have?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I think some think it's proper cool to just say 'xxxxxx is rubbish. he's crap. he's useless' and give him a right good slating, and then some even go onto the players social media and tell them directly, or tag them in their tweets so they see it

It's so needy and really really sad that some think that's a worthwhile way to spend their time

Criticism is fair enough but outright abuse does no favours to anyone, I myself gave a  Rhodes a hard time over the last eighteen months or so, might have overstepped the mark on occasions but hide my embarrassment in the knowledge that there was much worse from others.

Soz Jordan.

As has been said before if you are paying the top prices in the division you expect to be challenging near the top. If not then drop the prices and in turn, it drops the expectations.

But when the chairman comes out and says the goal is promotion every season, then can you really fault the fans. He is the reason the team is made of kids, free agents and unfit loan players because of his mismanagement of the football club 

£25-30 to watch a team struggling at the wrong end of division 3 is going to lead to some very low crowds, after the novilty of the fans in the stands very quickly wears off.

For me get as many in, as cheap as possible and get an atmosphere back in the stadium instead of it sounding like an empty Morge. With less than 10,000 because that's where is very quickly going.

It's so tough to know what to expect. Part of me wants some of our youngsters to come through but they have to be ready and not just a needs must situation. I am also worried that the club will be in such a massive self inflicted hole that our season falls apart pretty badly. Important and telling few weeks coming up?

29 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

It's so tough to know what to expect. Part of me wants some of our youngsters to come through but they have to be ready and not just a needs must situation. I am also worried that the club will be in such a massive self inflicted hole that our season falls apart pretty badly. Important and telling few weeks coming up?

Agree 100%

Youngsters should be blooded when they are ready not to shore up a depleted squad.  

9 hours ago, northeastowl said:

I fully expect us to be playing the core of what we have left plus youngsters. Even a couple of the contracted players could end up leaving. 

As for bringing players in we are going to get the dregs of what free transfers are left. We obviously don’t have a penny to spend and our reputation of not paying wages isn’t going to attract anyone. 

Call me pessimistic but I think finishing in mid table would be a good result. 

It would be a terrific result and I’d give Moore the keys to Sheffield if he managed to guide us to mid table.

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So pre-season training starts this week

Our squad is down to bare bones having been relegated, a load of contracts expire on us, and players leaving.

Reputationally (not paying players etc) it's going to be extremely difficult if not impossible to sign quality ambitious fit players which leaves us in the situation where we are probably fielding youngsters from the academy

So the simple question is how many of our fans are ready for this?

How many of our fans will give the youngsters the time, space and opportunity to actually make mistakes and learn?

And which of our fans will just write them off after a couple of games as 'crap', and slate them to other Wednesday fans who are trying to support them and get behind them?

And how many of our fans are actually aware of the situation this club is in and what the calibre of players will be in our team next season?

Seems to me some more than others are going to be absolutely shocked to the core when our teamsheet is named for the first game

What do you reckon?

Fans have to step up Neil mate...I can play right back....I played it in the Sheffield nomads league (Mainly on the left)...I presume there are a few others that can fill in....as I can see right back could be a problem....

Seriously I couldn't give a fk about the football! Just being able to go, have a pint or 2 the craic with the mates you've missed will suffice for at least a season for me. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stu said:

Seriously I couldn't give a fk about the football! Just being able to go, have a pint or 2 the craic with the mates you've missed will suffice for at least a season for me. 

Seriously fair enough mate....I miss it...the whole day..but jesus...a bit of brightness on the pitch would help

54 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Fans have to step up Neil mate...I can play right back....I played it in the Sheffield nomads league (Mainly on the left)...I presume there are a few others that can fill in....as I can see right back could be a problem....

Everyones says you were poo only got a game because you marked out the pitch and cut the grass.  You should get a game.

Guest Smackavolley

All a youngster has to do for me, if thrown in the deep end, is give it 100%.

We can’t ask for more than that.

The number of losers here slagging some of  them off before a ball is kicked is disappointing.

Real classy.

This is Sheffield Wednesday we are talking about sadly.

Most games in the last 20 years I have been surrounded by beer gutted Sanderson top wearers bemoaning that Adthe Nuhiu isn’t ‘ hirsty’ or any of the other early 90’s heroes who managed to beat a grand total of spora Luxembourg in their European exploits.

as ever I will commit to poke such fans in the eye with a plastic fork if they wibble on about such nonsense when they let them back into the ground 

• Like 1

I’m looking forward to seeing a team give 100% regardless of their ability, that’s all I’m asking for.

After the last few season of players not giving more than 10% effort every game, that’s all I want. 

Luckily they have gone so can’t pass on the bug to the new ones and the young ones. 

Particularly looking forward to seeing some youth come through, they will need longer contracts because they will be the future. 

I’ll greet the new season with the same optimism I greet every season and whilst the names on the team sheet may change, my support of them never wavers. We have our ups and downs and more lately it’s been tough being a Wednesday supporter, but let’s face it - we don’t support Wednesday for the glory.
So if it’s a team of kids and no-hopers first game of the season we must remember they represent us, and as long as they give their all we must reciprocate by giving our all in support.

• Like 2