*OFFICIAL* Euro 2020 DRG Prediction League thread

Only once have I changed a score line, I had Denmark to beat Czech Republic 2-1 and a Joker…… you should have seen me punch the air on FT only to realise seconds later I’d meddled with the prediction…..ffs

My tactic of predicting most results 2-1 based on the tournaments Ave goals per game being around 2.8 has delivered me little success.

On the other hand my tactic of predicting England defeats seems to be fooling the matrix…..so I’ll carry as there’s nothing to lose.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Only once have I changed a score line, I had Denmark to beat Czech Republic 2-1 and a Joker…… you should have seen me punch the air on FT only to realise seconds later I’d meddled with the prediction…..ffs

My tactic of predicting most results 2-1 based on the tournaments Ave goals per game being around 2.8 has delivered me little success.

On the other hand my tactic of predicting England defeats seems to be fooling the matrix…..so I’ll carry as there’s nothing to lose.

I've been doing this game every tournament since 2002, 1-0 is the best bet, 2-0 if there is a very clear favourite. The one really important rule is to never predict draws, even if both sides look perfectly matched, it's better to go with 1-0 either way. 

It's a boring system but works, Dan who is top has predicted 1-0 in 95% of the games so far, 2-0 in the rest. The only difference between us is more 50/50 games have gone 1-0 in his favour and I've had a few more 2-0 predictions. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I've been doing this game every tournament since 2002, 1-0 is the best bet, 2-0 if there is a very clear favourite. The one really important rule is to never predict draws, even if both sides look perfectly matched, it's better to go with 1-0 either way. 

It's a boring system but works, Dan who is top has predicted 1-0 in 95% of the games so far, 2-0 in the rest. The only difference between us is more 50/50 games have gone 1-0 in his favour and I've had a few more 2-0 predictions. 

And you couldn’t share this insight before…..lol

• Haha 2

I was winning the predictions league at work, have been all the way through up until these last three games. Paying out the top three. Just dropped to 4th. I'd say that's about right for me, never have any luck.

It all went pear shaped when those with Belgium as their joker got maximum points for their prediction for Belgium to lose in the quarter finals. You wouldn't ordinarily bet on your team to lose so they had obviously incorrectly predicted how the quarter final games would line up and expected another team to beat another team, by the same scoreline Belgium lost by.

In other words, why bother predicting in a competition that rewards luck over accurate predicting.

Sore loser me? Always. 😆

On 05/07/2021 at 22:11, Whitechapel Owl said:

On 05/07/2021 at 22:14, Morepork said:

And you couldn’t share this insight before…..lol

I never knew we were playing against professionals: spgmr.giflol

I'm just going from feelings. I went 1-1 last night and it was my joker too, finally.

• Haha 2