Borner and transfers

Guest Therealrealist

If we have saved a year of his wages at about 15k a week...even tho he’s left for free...it’s the best bit of business we have done for ages

2 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

So last week we had the news players about to hand notice in and this week it’s Borner leaving on a free. 

Doesn’t take Ted Hastings to work out what went on there IMO.

9002FE0C-46AF-4094-84A1-9DE772F63109.gif

• Haha 3

Guest wilyfox
29 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

You won’t be saying that when we have no experienced defenders in August. 

I will. He’s nothing special at all. 

Well the wage bill will be a lot lower ..only bout 13 in squad ! Said on Twitter he was on more than their maximum which Is 9k euros a week so over 10k here? Good business if we get a cheaper replacement but here lies the problem don’t trust or expect us to get owt right atm

Guest Therealrealist
11 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I will. He’s nothing special at all. 

Looked a real find first season..looked like he had a piano on his back last season

27 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

He would have been OK for us in League One - I guess we now need to replace him with someone on a lower wage, if possible.

How much lower than zilch can you go. 

15 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Well the wage bill will be a lot lower ..only bout 13 in squad ! Said on Twitter he was on more than their maximum which Is 9k euros a week so over 10k here? Good business if we get a cheaper replacement but here lies the problem don’t trust or expect us to get owt right atm

It will take at least 200 alternatives before the scouting geniuses come up with a replacement 

Regardless of quality, every single experienced player that leaves while under contract (for what those contracts are apparently worth right now) is another we need to replace. 

It’s an already uphill situation that just keeps getting progressively more difficult, and I don’t think Borner will be the end of it.

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

No he’s not, but we shouldn’t be wishing away experienced players when its a real possibility we will be playing with un tested kids next season.

we don’t know what the team will look like. We do know this group lacked quality and consistency. I’m open to change. Many of them will have to go for financial reasons anyway. 

28 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

No he’s not, but we shouldn’t be wishing away experienced players when its a real possibility we will be playing with un tested kids next season.

That’s all we can afford.

I think who turns up for the first day of pre-season training will give us a true indication of where we are? I’ll be amazed if the likes of Bannan, Luongo, Paterson and Windass are present on that day?

6 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Shame about Borner, class when he first came in, people comparing him to Hector,  got that injury pre match vs Leeds never been the same since. Wish every player cared as much as him though.

The fans wanted a hero and they choose him...yes he started off well I wouldn't say he was that good though, but he just fell to bits injury or not....that said no one should be forced to leave whilst still in contract due to not getting paid - again the attention turns to our dear leader!

This club is completely fùcked up!

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
13 hours ago, malek said:

Guess that we figured how he is not worth wages we are paying him. Just wanted to get him off our wage bill and who in their right mind would pay any fee for him.

But we have to pay anyway.

Otherwise we don't play. In EFL.

Crazy.

12 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

To be fair to the lad Brennan he didn't look too uncomfortable or out of his depth when filling in last season 

Add that to Hutch (needs to be cb permanently) iorfa (if he's still here) and big dunk (if he ever gets fully fit) . 

Obviously were going to need another one in, but for me if iorfa and dunk csan get fit, that's not bad at this level. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, striker said:

At 30 and out of contract at the end of next season, not sure he's worth a lot and unlikely this move would happen if a fee involved. 

Considering our relegation, support this deal to save wages. Better than paying him for another season to then release him for free anyway. Particularly as he wouldn't be a first choice starter. 

A sensible comment at last.

15 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

To be fair to the lad Brennan he didn't look too uncomfortable or out of his depth when filling in last season 

Add that to Hutch (needs to be cb permanently) iorfa (if he's still here) and big dunk (if he ever gets fully fit) . 

Obviously were going to need another one in, but for me if iorfa and dunk csan get fit, that's not bad at this level. 

Iorfa will certainly not be here. Once he’s finished his rehab here he will be off. 

Dunkley is a sick note and won’t be able to do over 25 games a season.