Borner and transfers

I’ve just read that Borner is on his way out on a free transfer despite having 1 year left on his contract.

If true this is another f. ook up by Chansiri.  I don’t have a problem with Borner leaving but we are not getting any fee for him.  Terrible management again.  

Just now, Marro said:

I’ve just read that Borner is on his way out on a free transfer despite having 1 year left on his contract.

If true this is another f. ook up by Chansiri.  I don’t have a problem with Borner leaving but we are not getting any fee for him.  Terrible management again.  

It's been mentioned that he may be able to walk through not being paid.... but it all comes down to the same thing anyway.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It's been mentioned that he may be able to walk through not being paid.... but it all comes down to the same thing anyway.

I suspect that is the case - an understanding reached not to charge a transfer fee because of the non payment of wages.  In any event it is just terrible we are in this predicament.

The first of many free transfers?  Subject to the club being able to stay afloat, it begs the question of what team we are going to field next season and how the hell can Chansiri persuade his customers to part with their hard earned cash to watch a substandard product?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, malek said:

Guess that we figured how he is not worth wages we are paying him. Just wanted to get him off our wage bill and who in their right mind would pay any fee for him.

I am not Borner’s biggest fan but a well run club does not leave its players leave on free transfers.  During Chansiri’s reign, how many players have left for a fee - Hunt and LJ.  I can’t think of any others but stand to be corrected.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marro said:

I am not Borner’s biggest fan but a well run club does not leave its players leave on free transfers.  During Chansiri’s reign, how many players have left for a fee - Hunt and LJ.  I can’t think of any others but stand to be corrected.

Absolutely, but that is another problem.

In situation that we are in now letting Borner walk was in my opinion right decision.

For so long our recruitment process was wrong. Not only that we built unbalanced squad not particularly suited for any brand of football, but we built it with average players who won't get better and with little or no resale value.

• Like 1

A couple more out and there won't be a need for a subs bench or anything more than a 12-seater team coach. Saves on catering, laundry, and team kit costs. After all, you can only play 11 at a time.

"You know nothing about football"!!

Don't worry, 'The Chairman's got this'! 😬

• Haha 2

At 30 and out of contract at the end of next season, not sure he's worth a lot and unlikely this move would happen if a fee involved. 

Considering our relegation, support this deal to save wages. Better than paying him for another season to then release him for free anyway. Particularly as he wouldn't be a first choice starter. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, striker said:

At 30 and out of contract at the end of next season, not sure he's worth a lot and unlikely this move would happen if a fee involved. 

Considering our relegation, support this deal to save wages. Better than paying him for another season to then release him for free anyway. Particularly as he wouldn't be a first choice starter. 

This.

It's one of those moves that suits both parties, he wants to go back to Germany as has a young family, we don't see him as a first choice and want his c£15k pw salary off our books.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, malek said:

Absolutely, but that is another problem.

In situation that we are in now letting Borner walk was in my opinion right decision.

For so long our recruitment process was wrong. Not only that we built unbalanced squad not particularly suited for any brand of football, but we built it with average players who won't get better and with little or no resale value.

Agreeing a free-transfer for a player still under contract as soon as the transfer window opens is a bit embarrassing really. He has been poor at times but so has every defender we still have and it's not as if he has been let go due to being cast aside. 

19 minutes ago, striker said:

Who will be a first choice starter at CB though? From having too many options we have drastically decreased them since the season ended. 

Who is left? Iorfa yet to prove his fitness, Dunkley who has failed to prove his fitness consistently and Brennan who has a couple of games under his belt.