Borner and transfers

1 hour ago, Marro said:

I’ve just read that Borner is on his way out on a free transfer despite having 1 year left on his contract.

If true this is another f. ook up by Chansiri.  I don’t have a problem with Borner leaving but we are not getting any fee for him.  Terrible management again.  

If reports are correct he's going to be paid quite a bit less then he was on with us (when we paid him) so we would have been liable to pay him the difference in wages for the next year. I suspect the no transfer fee deal means Borner will forgo the difference in wages but Hannover will give him a bigger signing on fee.

• Like 1

Symptomatic of the state the club is in.

What I find strange however is just a few weeks/days ago people on here were screaming we should get rid of them all and start again, now they are screaming because it appears that is exactly what we are doing!

Make your minds up lads!

lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I think we had the only German player in English football who couldn’t pass the ball. Absolute liability but couldn’t fault his passion. 

Guest wilyfox
46 minutes ago, ShaunO1 said:

Harry Maguire went for 80 odd million. 

There's obviously a market for carthorses 

Having ability helps. 

The funny thing it's it will leave us with Iorfa and Dunkley at centre back both injury prone the last 12 months.

Hutch as cover and Brennan who has never played a league game yet. Not exactly a good set up.

we would be better keeping Borner and getting rid of Dunkley the crock.😁😁😁😁

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

If anybody thinks anyone would pay a fee to sign JB, I’ve got the contract details for a few Nigerian princes.

Football is a strange business.

A club recently gave Jordan Rhodes 3 years on the back of what has has offered in the last 4. 

2 hours ago, malek said:

Guess that we figured how he is not worth wages we are paying him. Just wanted to get him off our wage bill and who in their right mind would pay any fee for him.

Are you suggesting we aren't paying players as a ploy to get the ones still under contract to walk? 

1 hour ago, striker said:

At 30 and out of contract at the end of next season, not sure he's worth a lot and unlikely this move would happen if a fee involved. 

. Particularly as he wouldn't be a first choice starter. 

He would get a game in any position as we probably not have many players. 

4 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Going to a second tier side that finished in bottom 6. About right for Herr Borner. 

Were we not a second tier side that finished Rock Bottom? 

We will be a 3rd tier side next season. Surely he would manage in that league. 

Edited by A47Owl