Trust Statement

2 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

It's not fan blaming to say people should tone down the abuse aimed at the man who is keeping us afloat at the moment.  

HE ISN'T 
And I'm not going nuclear with the 'abuse' I'm saying we need a new chairman just as much as we need our fans to stop saying 'careful what you wish for' or trying to suggest being critical of the chairman has created this situation

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am not saying Chansiri had had no abuse but think to say the abuse has gone 'Nuclear' is a gross exaggeration.

Big time
There's more moaning about this apparent 'abuse' than there is actual abuse (Which is always removed when reported/spotted)

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
14 minutes ago, vulva said:

That’s the danger. 

Has anyone actually approached the Trust with an intention to buy the club, or interest in?

If DC has turned away various advances, as he has said, surely that would be one avenue a prospective buyer would go down. 

Why would they?

The Trust don't hold any shares in the club

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Why would they?

The Trust don't hold any shares in the club

If DC refused to sell/engage, and I really wanted to buy the club, I’d go about it a different way. It’s all a bit Ken Bates, but if the Trust were made aware/supported such an approach, that would increase the pressure on DC. Hearts and minds. 

• Like 1

Just now, vulva said:

If DC refused to sell/engage, and I really wanted to buy the club, I’d go about it a different way. It’s all a bit Ken Bates, but if the Trust were made aware/supported such an approach, that would increase the pressure on DC. Hearts and minds. 

Erik Alonso did just that just a few weeks back

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

HE ISN'T 
And I'm not going nuclear with the 'abuse' I'm saying we need a new chairman just as much as we need our fans to stop saying 'careful what you wish for' or trying to suggest being critical of the chairman has created this situation

I said it looks like he has now stopped funding us earlier in the thread.

I didn't say you had gone 'nuclear' only some of the fanbase.

I totally agree with us needing a new owner and soon. Just about anyone would be better.

Guest Grandad

Why would any potential buyer approach the Trust? Or any other fans group? Or do anything in the public domain whatsoever?

The public/fans domain is the platform of idiots like Erik Alonso - who are more interested in raising their own profile than doing anything for the club.

Any potential buyer for Sheffield Wednesday will call Sheffield Wednesday, speak to the clubs advertised Finance Director John Redgate, who will (probably) tell them to put any approach in writing (in the first instance) with some proof of funds - to him, and he will pass it on to the Chairman.

And thats it.

If any potential buyer hasn't the wherewithall to complete that simple approach - then they're unlikely to be the right people to pass a fit and proper person test

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Big time
There's more moaning about this apparent 'abuse' than there is actual abuse (Which is always removed when reported/spotted)

On here you are correct.

It's a pity this is not the only platform for comment.

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Why would any potential buyer approach the Trust? Or any other fans group? Or do anything in the public domain whatsoever?

The public/fans domain is the platform of idiots like Erik Alonso - who are more interested in raising their own profile than doing anything for the club.

Any potential buyer for Sheffield Wednesday will call Sheffield Wednesday, speak to the clubs advertised Finance Director John Redgate, who will (probably) tell them to put any approach in writing (in the first instance) with some proof of funds - to him, and he will pass it on to the Chairman.

And thats it.

If any potential buyer hasn't the wherewithall to complete that simple approach - then they're unlikely to be the right people to pass a fit and proper person test

This.

Any potential buyer that we hear about BEFORE a deal is agreed with DC is 99.9% not going to be what we want or need.

7 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I said it looks like he has now stopped funding us earlier in the thread.

I didn't say you had gone 'nuclear' only some of the fanbase.

I totally agree with us needing a new owner and soon. Just about anyone would be better.

Even if they have gone ‘nuclear’ (ive not seen that at all) then it’s not going to affect a single thing so it’s nothing to worry about 

Nobody is going to change Chansiri’s approach to a single thing regarding this club no matter if they’re nicer than apple lie or whether they go ‘nuclear’

Your posts are just veering along from fan blaming to ‘careful what you wish for’ 

Wouldn’t you rather be concerned with the football club?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad

By the way.

No potential buyer is going to be put off by Chansiri getting a bit of abuse on public forums and social media (not that I think abuse is justified).

Any potential buyer of a football club that doesn't expect there to be any abuse of someone who has mismanaged a football club so spectacularly - probably doesnt understand football

34 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I know if I had had a go at a business that I'd never done before and had failed badly.

I wouldn't appreciate some of the bile I've read being hurled at me as I put my hand in my pocket again to keep said business afloat.

I may just go fuckya and stop the money and let it sink.

I get what you're saying, but he has to look at himself. Had he had the grace to say, hey, i messed up, then fine..... and some PR note sent out by staff after relegation, just doesn't cut it. 

But hiding away, doesn't help.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

It's not fan blaming to say people should tone down the abuse aimed at the man who is keeping us afloat at the moment. 

Let's hope he is looking for a buyer to take us off his hands. Let's push for him to sell and soon.

But whilst he is pumping the coin in maybe go less nuclear with the abuse.

You seem to be confused he has not kept anything afloat..the guy has taken an axe to the hull.

Edited by kobayashi
  • Like 2

Guest Grandad
39 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I know if I had had a go at a business that I'd never done before and had failed badly.

I wouldn't appreciate some of the bile I've read being hurled at me as I put my hand in my pocket again to keep said business afloat.

I may just go fuckya and stop the money and let it sink.

Letting the business sink would mean the contract he's signed for that business to pay £3m a year for 30 years to rent its stadium - my best chance of seeing some return on investment - would also sink

58 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

Yes, you would. It's going out tomorrow/Thursday.

Cheers 

Big step for me this, Rightly or wrongly  I've been against supporters groups in the past and viewed them as select people trying to work their way into positions within the club.

I'll be giving you my money and trust to prove me wrong and back you to help our club