Trust Statement

Just now, PARKOWL said:

Rightly or wrongly  I've been against supporters groups in the past and viewed them as select people trying to work their way into positions within the club.

Yeah that would definitely fall into the ‘wrongly’ camp

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just been speaking with someone who works at the club, office staff, and they say they have not had any problems with wages being paid in their department.

Just as well really as minimum wage workers can least afford to be paid.

Maybe they will be the new playing staff !!

Actually thinking about it she has more up front than we had all last season  WTF:......................sorry D......... if you're reading.

Reading the various opinions in this thread really makes me angry and despondent at what is happening to our Wednesday. So many of us have put our whole life into the one thing that matters to us all,being SWFC. We should all be looking forward to a new season with hope and aspirations for better times ahead. As much as I wish to be the eternal optimist I'm just a little hazy on hopes and aspirations at present and I'm struggling to see a way forward. .Doesn't add a great deal to the debate I know but it's just how I see the situation.

Sad times I know but .........

WAWAW and nowt else matters.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I genuinely believe the future of our football club is under serious threat. 

if players walk away and there are no funds to pay those who remain or need to be recruited, then there isn’t a viable business. Employees wouldn’t make themselves unemployed in these difficult economic times unless they can’t see they’ll ever get what the club owes them. Players won’t be the only unpaid creditors. 

This man may well oversee the end of this once proud football club

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah that would definitely fall into the ‘wrongly’ camp

lol

lol 

You can never be to old to hold your hands up and admit you got something wrong 

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Question I would ask the Trust is how long will the survey take and its finding acted upon?

Its seems the situation changes every couple of days and if the survey takes a month then the situation might have changed by then (either good or bad) so the survey is out of date.

It's a good question. Aim is to have the survey out by Thursday. Quick turnaround and begin to action the members' preferences early next week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vulva said:

If DC walks, and/or gets forced out, could someone run me through what Plan B is, because I can’t see one anyone in the bile getting spouted. 

Google Translate: cArEfUl wOt U wIsH 4

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Fair play to the Trust, least there trying to do something productive rather than finger pointing at Chansiri Fan Boys 👀

35 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Why would any potential buyer approach the Trust? Or any other fans group? Or do anything in the public domain whatsoever?

The public/fans domain is the platform of idiots like Erik Alonso - who are more interested in raising their own profile than doing anything for the club.

Any potential buyer for Sheffield Wednesday will call Sheffield Wednesday, speak to the clubs advertised Finance Director John Redgate, who will (probably) tell them to put any approach in writing (in the first instance) with some proof of funds - to him, and he will pass it on to the Chairman.

And thats it.

If any potential buyer hasn't the wherewithall to complete that simple approach - then they're unlikely to be the right people to pass a fit and proper person test

I don’t think any serious buyer would approach the trust. As you say only idiots like Sheard Alfonso and Bates go about it that way.

But there is absolutely no reason why the trust should not be examining if there are potential investors out there, large or small, so that if this does go completely ******** up, there is some financial backing to try and rescue it. 

Guest Grandad

The only person I can genuinely think of that has had anything to do with any fans organisation who used it as a springboard into a job with the club was the leader of the Wednesday/Kop Band.

I can't think of anybody else at all 

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

The reports that players contracted for next season are allegedly planning to give notice to terminate their contracts due to unpaid wages is only the latest in recent reports of significant cash flow difficulties at Sheffield Wednesday. These reports pre-date Coronavirus. Enough is enough. 

Mr Chansiri must be honest with fans about the reality of SWFC’s financial situation, and show that he has a credible plan to ensure the club’s immediate survival and stability. If he cannot do this, the Chairman must act with honour and integrity and sell the club at a reasonable price to someone who can do this.   

The Trust is going to survey members this week on a range of possible actions and plans to take forward into a campaign to deliver positive change at SWFC. These include moving away from an owner neutral position, possible protest action to pressure for change and how we might respond to the club entering administration. If you want to join that debate, please join the Trust.

I'm guessing the earlier "do as we say, or else!" Statements didn't lead to positive engagement with Chansiri then? Totally shocked! 

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The only person I can genuinely think of that has had anything to do with any fans organisation who used it as a springboard into a job with the club was the leader of the Wednesday/Kop Band.

I can't think of anybody else at all 

Yes but he used as a springboard into the club but it was Leeds United not Sheffield Wednesday!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Indeed

One example - just paying the players during a relegation scrap would alone have kept us up 

Delusional if you think that’s actually true,   By all means highlight the owners wrongs but those players got relegated because they weren’t good enough , unless your suggesting they threw matches ?  All those points dropped from winning positions ? 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Delusional if you think that’s actually true,   By all means highlight the owners wrongs but those players got relegated because they weren’t good enough , unless your suggesting they threw matches ?  All those points dropped from winning positions ? 

Technically, the players were good enough to avoid relegation.

It was the points deduction which did for us in the end.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Cheers 

Big step for me this, Rightly or wrongly  I've been against supporters groups in the past and viewed them as select people trying to work their way into positions within the club.

I'll be giving you my money and trust to prove me wrong and back you to help our club  

Cheers @PARKOWLreally appreciate the support. We're doing our very best to help the club.