Trust Statement

Guest whowantstoberich
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Oh look  who's here to have a pop at Wednesday fans

Chansiri out 

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You could

No I couldn’t. The Trust have a good following now and have become the voice against DC’s tenure.

They are in a much better position to organise a safe protest with a good turnout. Far more effective than one man on his own would be. 

7 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Its why it needs to grow its membership significantly, he'd care if there were thousands of fans as members.

Just signed up. Really think we have to come together in anyway possible at the moment. 

Situation is dire but let’s not give up on our club! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No I couldn’t. The Trust have a good following now and have become the voice against DC’s tenure.

They are in a much better position to organise a safe protest with a good turnout. Far more effective than one man on his own would be. 

Yea join the trust and volunteer to get a protest sorted.

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Have you joined the trust?

11 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

The reports that players contracted for next season are allegedly planning to give notice to terminate their contracts due to unpaid wages is only the latest in recent reports of significant cash flow difficulties at Sheffield Wednesday. These reports pre-date Coronavirus. Enough is enough. 

Mr Chansiri must be honest with fans about the reality of SWFC’s financial situation, and show that he has a credible plan to ensure the club’s immediate survival and stability. If he cannot do this, the Chairman must act with honour and integrity and sell the club at a reasonable price to someone who can do this.   

The Trust is going to survey members this week on a range of possible actions and plans to take forward into a campaign to deliver positive change at SWFC. These include moving away from an owner neutral position, possible protest action to pressure for change and how we might respond to the club entering administration. If you want to join that debate, please join the Trust.

Interesting sales pitch

Problem is that the trust have lined themselves up with a bloke who has a worse track records of running football clubs than Chansiri!!

Listen. The only people we hate more than Chansiri are the chuffin’ Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Trust

Owlstalk: Yeah...

SallyCinnamon: Splitters.

Owlstalk: Splitters...

Vulva: And the Supporters Trust of Sheffield Wednesday

Owlstalk: Yeah. Oh, yeah. Splitters. Splitters...

Lord Snooty: And Owlstalk

Owlstalk: Yeah. Splitters. Splitters...

Neil: What?

Lord Snooty: Owlstalk. Splitters.

Neil: We're Owlstalk

Lord Snooty: Oh. I thought we were another site

Neil: another site! C-huh.

Jonnyowl: Whatever happened to  another site, Neil?

REG: He's over there.

Owlstalk: Splitter

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Broncolives said:

Sadly the trust only represents 3.2% of the supporters saying that we have 21000 supporters at each game.

Either people need to step up and join or just admit that really they aren't that bothered what happens.

Not sure that's fair.

So you have to join the trust or you don't care about the club?

Having been previously critical of the trust, it does appear they are prepared to pick up the fight on this now. So I too will be joining. It’s like a trade union isn’t it, it’s only going to work through having a string membership. If on the back of this weeks news the numbers really started to shoot up, that would send a clear message that the natives are restless.

Time to get this rolling.

• Like 2

I’d like to know the input and engagement of the football finance lecturer, ex players, etc. and whether there is a plan to use their contacts and influence to initiate debate and discussion on our plight with: 

a) the government - review into how football is being run 

b) local government and potential impact on the city and local communities 

c) PFA and / or club captain

d) outside parties that can offer positive input 

e) engage with DC to find out what’s happening (slim chance)

I know the Trust remit isn’t aimed at this sort of thing; but it’s going to have to IMO. 

The best outcome I can think of, is that DC has sold and waiting for paperwork to be signed and he’s refusing to put any money in. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Put the club up for sale. Find a new owner. That process may well take a long time in itself. So we better get started before more damage is done. 

Put the club up for sale? We’ve spent the last 5 years hoarding reserve centre half’s and midfielders. Can you imagine the palaver in actually selling the whole club. DC doesn’t sell anything. He’s a bit like one of them old women on a C4 documentary that boards stuff, and the presenter has to push the door open to get in, minding the cats and old newspapers. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Listen. The only people we hate more than Chansiri are the chuffin’ Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Trust

Owlstalk: Yeah...

SallyCinnamon: Splitters.

Owlstalk: Splitters...

Vulva: And the Supporters Trust of Sheffield Wednesday

Owlstalk: Yeah. Oh, yeah. Splitters. Splitters...

Lord Snooty: And Owlstalk

Owlstalk: Yeah. Splitters. Splitters...

Neil: What?

Lord Snooty: Owlstalk. Splitters.

Neil: We're Owlstalk

Lord Snooty: Oh. I thought we were another site

Neil: another site! C-huh.

Jonnyowl: Whatever happened to  another site, Neil?

REG: He's over there.

Owlstalk: Splitter

Hate is a strong term - and I don’t think it’s helpful in this case. 

I don’t hate DC. I think he came with the right intentions and due to bad advice / stubbornness / ignorance he finds himself up the creek and no canoe, never mind a paddle. 

Let’s remain civil in all this. 

• Like 4