Trust Statement

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Technically, the players were good enough to avoid relegation.

It was the points deduction which did for us in the end.

Fair one, points deduction did send us down technically ,  but the points deduction didn’t make the players drop

how many points from winning positions ??

Arguing that those players had the quality to stay in the division ?  Not for me am afraid, am sorry about the wages situation and it isn’t acceptable in any way shape or form , but the players were nowhere near good enough and finished bottom of the league deservedly 

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Fair one, points deduction did send us down technically ,  but the points deduction didn’t make the players drop

Arguing that those players had the quality to stay in the division ?  Not for me am afraid, am sorry about the wages situation and it isn’t acceptable in any way shape or form , but the players were nowhere near good enough and finished bottom of the league deservedly 

Completely irrelevant.

The players who "weren't good enough" - weren't suddenly good enough but threw points away.

They were either good enough - or they werent.

What you should be saying is that the players weren't good enough TO OVERCOME THE POINTS DEDUCTION

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Again, as crap as we might have been, the players actually deserved to finish above three other teams and would have stayed up without the points deduction.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

For me it's the larger picture post 2017 play offs against Huddersfield. All the strategic decision making (or lack of) has lead to the 2021 relegation. Years of mismanagement of the playing squad and finances have caused it. So looking at last year is short sighted for me. The whole picture is ugly. 

• Like 2

Guest Grandad

Apologies for my earlier comments.

Ive just put the phone down from a Nigerian prince who is heading a consortium to turn the club around - and is getting nowhere with his approaches to the club. He has offered to transfer me £100k as a gesture of goodwill and to use my contacts to ensure he is given the best treatment when he contacts the club.

Ive just sent him my bank details.

I'll keep you informed.

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Well, the current owner who has invested £350m has been likened to Pol Pot on here this morning.We clearly need a change of direction, and have done for a long time, but I’m not sure that kind of thing would help. 

He might have spent £350m.

He has invested fizz all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Completely irrelevant.

The players who "weren't good enough" - weren't suddenly good enough but threw points away.

They were either good enough - or they werent.

What you should be saying is that the players weren't good enough TO OVERCOME THE POINTS DEDUCTION

They weren’t good enough period,  the fact we dropped 20+ points from winning positions doesn’t even get close to outweighing a -6 deduction ? 

Bit shortsighted to pin the relegation on the deduction, more than one contributing factor for me 

22 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The only person I can genuinely think of that has had anything to do with any fans organisation who used it as a springboard into a job with the club was the leader of the Wednesday/Kop Band.

I can't think of anybody else at all 

Ken bates?

Guest Grandad
5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

They weren’t good enough period,  the fact we dropped 20+ points from winning positions doesn’t even get close to outweighing a -6 deduction ? 

Bit shortsighted to pin the relegation on the deduction, more than one contributing factor for me 

Th team won enough points to stay up.

The Chairmans deduction got us relegated.

It really is as black and white as that.

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Prob didn’t have time to train as they spent most days on hold to amigo loans

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

We got enough points to stay up (despite players not being paid)

The points deduction relegated us

So to put it bluntly you're totally WRONG

• Like 6

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, lanzaroteowl said:

It's not fan blaming to say people should tone down the abuse aimed at the man who is keeping us afloat at the moment. 

Let's hope he is looking for a buyer to take us off his hands. Let's push for him to sell and soon.

But whilst he is pumping the coin in maybe go less nuclear with the abuse.

tenor-127.gif

• Love 1

My prediction is that after being proven wrong on suggesting the fans are to blame, and having tried the 'chansiri is getting horrific bile abuse' line, we'll next get the 'Chansiri's family are getting horrific abuse' cliche line 

Guaranteed

Always the case

Watch this space - bet ya it's coming

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Exactly the league table shows that and will remain so forever in all historical records.

Just now, Grandad said:

Disagree sorry,  much larger picture to it for me ,  one the owner is completely responsible for though