EFL win appeal over Derby County.

It’s a bit rough that the appeal has been won just after the season has finished.

Not for us I mean, we’re awful, but possibly for Wycombe, assuming there’s going to be a points deduction.

Edited by Pablo Bonvin

2 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

It’s a bit rough that the appeal has been won just after the season has finished.

Not for us I mean, we’re awful, but possibly for Wycombe, assuming there’s going to be a points deduction.

Not sure the season us over until after the playoffs. 

Could the deduction potentially be applied this season.

That would be a blow for them.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Appeal was won weeks ago, derby threatened daily mail with court action to stop them reporting it apparently, it's so ludicrous how amateurish EFL are in these cases

• Like 2

The more cheating clubs that get relegated, have their income severely reduced, their squads decimated, the better for competitive football.

Can't see any punishment this season, we (kinda) set a precedent on that one, with a notable nod toward Brum.  It will apply next season, whatever it is.  Derby fudged the numbers by £30m over three years, so you'd expect a points deduction based on FFP alone.  

Good for the EFL.  

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Manwë said:

The more cheating clubs that get relegated, have their income severely reduced, their squads decimated, the better for competitive football.

Can't see any punishment this season, we (kinda) set a precedent on that one, with a notable nod toward Brum.  It will apply next season, whatever it is.  Derby fudged the numbers by £30m over three years, so you'd expect a points deduction based on FFP alone.  

Good for the EFL.  

I suppose it depends if it goes to an arbitration panel. 

It's a mess from top to bottom.

Just now, Jakes Grandad said:

This really is a mess. You can understand Wycombe side of the argument. I can see Derby starting -12 next season and appealling it to -6 like we did. 

Probably, the only difference being that our appeal was still ongoing at this stage of the season and not heard until July wasn't it?

Derby might not get that luxury.

2 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Probably, the only difference being that our appeal was still ongoing at this stage of the season and not heard until July wasn't it?

Derby might not get that luxury.

And there is a precedent with Macclesfield who were relegated 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

That's a joke of a comment from Mr football finance expert.  

Common for a company to be incorporated with a £2 share issue.  Wouldn't just be sat there with £50m in bank lol

Don’t they have to have a certain amount of millions effectively sat in a bank account to pass the Fit & Proper test with the EFL though?

The EFL have alot of questions to answer if this is correct. Wasn't this charge relating to the accounts for the same period as ours when we were penalised? If so how can the points deduction be added a season later? Why did it take so long for the appeal to be heard when our hearing and appeal had been completed by November?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

That's a joke of a comment from Mr football finance expert.  

Common for a company to be incorporated with a £2 share issue.  Wouldn't just be sat there with £50m in bank lol

Yeah. On that basis - as my company is incorporated with £10 of shares, I am 5 times bigger than that chancer. A couple of calls to Saudi and maybe I could bid for us?

• Haha 1