Squad for L1 next Season

Different players will be here next year but until recruitment and the culture of the club change (and it takes more than the manager to do that) then you won't see things get better. Chansiri needs to leave for that to happen; he's not going to though so get ready for sh*t to get very bad over the next couple of years.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Realistically would we keep any of them? 

We know Bannan is staying, Osaze talks sound optimistic and I would only consider keeping Reach of he were to accept a reduced deal (unlikely). As much as people love to scapegoat Reach he’s still our best attacking player behind Bannan and would fit into any decent team. 

I would also like to see KW stay...he’s still SO much better than Dawson & Wildsmith and at the end of his career he will command a much smaller fee. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The amount of L1/L2 players we’ve been linked with over the past week or 2 suggests for once we may already be planning ahead. 

I really hope we do go down the route of recruiting the good L1/L2 players and not average Championship players.

I was more excited back in 10/11 signing players like Teale, Sedgwick, Morrison and Mellor than I was signing player like O’Grady from Rochdale, Madine from Carlisle and Lowe from Bury but you really need players on the up and not players coming down.

Hopefully we have a squad of players who really appreciate playing for Sheffield Wednesday. 

• Haha 1