Squad for L1 next Season

Windass & Patterson i feel will do well in Div 1 next year,my main fear is  keeping too many of the existing lot,and transferring this years failure into next.They need to be let go go(was going to change that but it looked too funny!!......WHAM)  Wildsmith,Dawson,WW, JR AR,TL,JP, SH,   get gone....ASAP 

Its the Fans'supporters i am worried for,myself included,but i wont see the inside of S6 whilst the current Chairman is there....thats what ime doing,its precious little,but it gives me a little self respect....

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I'm not seeing what others see in Hunt.

Me neither mate your not on your own.  I genuinely worry about how many we are likely to sign if permitted. We need quality for this league not just space fillers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marshy said:

Me neither mate your not on your own.  I genuinely worry about how many we are likely to sign if permitted. We need quality for this league not just space fillers. 

We've got a squad full of shyte. Add Iorfa to Bannan and Urhoghide and that's all there is to build with.

Guest wilyfox
13 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I’m not seeing Paterson as a centre-mid either.

31 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I don't see either Hunt or Dele - Bashiru having long term future with the club. Think neither is a special talent and better players than these two can be brought in relatively cheaply.

Considering how much we are paying him I don't think that we can relay on Luongo as well and I would look to get rid.

Don't think there will be many of ours who believe that Bannan will stay with the club as he is in Chansiri's favor and could well be promised long term future with the club (coaching role after his contract runs out or something like that).

Bannan aside, only central midfielder I would look to keep at the club is young Liam Waldock.

If we are to play possession based football than midfield area will be key for us next season and we must recruit wisely.

We need playmaker in front of our back line to help us play "better football" and as I said before I very much like the look of Rochdale's Aaron Morely who at 21 years of age is one of best passers of the ball in League One, is great set-piece taker and wouldn't cost much. Andy Irving is available on free transfer from Hearts, is 6'3'' and very good with ball at his feet. Would talk with Southampton to see if they are ready to let Callum Slattery leave on free. George Dobson didn't do to well at Sunderland, but was great last season for Walsall and this season for AFC Wimbledon and would be like for like replacement for Pelupessey and Hutchinson.

• Like 2

We've struggled  with loans, not really been in the market to compete.

Dropping a league should (in theory, while acknowledging the Chansiri effect) give us the pick of L1 bound loanees, especially considering Moore's contacts and influence.

A relatively cost effective way to add 5 players, at L1 level.

We need to make sure we utilise them loan market effectively this time round.

Feels we never get any of the gems other sides get, but occasionally get a bit of quality to plug a leak late on.

Also keep tabs on the youngsters released from the prem. some quality gets let go every year, either on frees or very nominal fees.

It seems that Brighton are letting Scottish U-19 international midfielder Marc Leonard go for free with likes of Swansea and Sunderland already declaring their interest in signing him.

Unlike Swansea we can offer first team football to the player and plenty of game time in League One. We are supposed to be able to offer more attractive contract than Sunderland as well.

Bringing in Leonard wouldn't be unlike signing Whelan under Chris Turner. Very talented player, ready to fit into starting 11 at League One level.

Bad thing is that those in charge of bringing players in are not likely to know about this guy, never mind having him on their radar as someone we could build around or who could earn us big money in the future.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2021 at 18:18, malek said:

I don't see either Hunt or Dele - Bashiru having long term future with the club. Think neither is a special talent and better players than these two can be brought in relatively cheaply.

Considering how much we are paying him I don't think that we can relay on Luongo as well and I would look to get rid.

Don't think there will be many of ours who believe that Bannan will stay with the club as he is in Chansiri's favor and could well be promised long term future with the club (coaching role after his contract runs out or something like that).

Bannan aside, only central midfielder I would look to keep at the club is young Liam Waldock.

If we are to play possession based football than midfield area will be key for us next season and we must recruit wisely.

We need playmaker in front of our back line to help us play "better football" and as I said before I very much like the look of Rochdale's Aaron Morely who at 21 years of age is one of best passers of the ball in League One, is great set-piece taker and wouldn't cost much. Andy Irving is available on free transfer from Hearts, is 6'3'' and very good with ball at his feet. Would talk with Southampton to see if they are ready to let Callum Slattery leave on free. George Dobson didn't do to well at Sunderland, but was great last season for Walsall and this season for AFC Wimbledon and would be like for like replacement for Pelupessey and Hutchinson.

When I read your posts I’m filled with hope that next season could be the start of something special. Blooding young players who are good at L1 level and can form a style of play that develops them and gets them ready after A season of attacking, football gaining promotion. 

Then, I remember we renewed Bannans contract and decided to bring Hutch back in 😕 

I’d love us to spread the salaries wasted on our underperforming stars and bring together a squad of highly motivated potential future stars. Sure done won’t make it, but I know that while they can’t guarantee to be champ/prem standard in 2/3 years they have a far greater chance than Bannan, Hutch etc. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

When I read your posts I’m filled with hope that next season could be the start of something special. Blooding young players who are good at L1 level and can form a style of play that develops them and gets them ready after A season of attacking, football gaining promotion. 

Then, I remember we renewed Bannans contract and decided to bring Hutch back in 😕 

I’d love us to spread the salaries wasted on our underperforming stars and bring together a squad of highly motivated potential future stars. Sure done won’t make it, but I know that while they can’t guarantee to be champ/prem standard in 2/3 years they have a far greater chance than Bannan, Hutch etc. 

I had similar hopes for this season, and than first thing we did was announcing new contract for Pelupessey 😅 Hope we learned...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Plenty of people on here spaffing in their pants over the thought of Bannan, Hutch and Westy still turning out for us in another 2-3 years time. It's baffling.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, malek said:

It seems that Brighton are letting Scottish U-19 international midfielder Marc Leonard go for free with likes of Swansea and Sunderland already declaring their interest in signing him.

Unlike Swansea we can offer first team football to the player and plenty of game time in League One. We are supposed to be able to offer more attractive contract than Sunderland as well.

Bringing in Leonard wouldn't be unlike signing Whelan under Chris Turner. Very talented player, ready to fit into starting 11 at League One level.

Bad thing is that those in charge of bringing players in are not likely to know about this guy, never mind having him on their radar as someone we could build around or who could earn us big money in the future.

Moore should, if Sunderland do. 

All down to recruitment and who is in charge of it, DC or Moore.

If it's DC then be worried, If it's Moore then we might be ok.

Think we need to try and keep Iorfa and Widnass.

Palmer will also be alright for league one and as long as we can get a very good mobile central midfielder to play alongside Bannan then he can be too good for league one.