Squad for L1 next Season

Guest wilyfox
16 hours ago, basegreenowl said:

Heard that some will try to stay in the Championship with other clubs. How does that work? Knowing our luck they'll set the league alight when they all leave for other Championship clubs. 

collectively they’ve failed here, but individually they’d disperse to other champ clubs and do fine.

Guest wilyfox

Best chance we’ve got of keeping Urhoghide is if Moore can convince him he’d be a starter and get 30games+ next season. That’s what he needs to develop further. We must be willing to give him at. 

Not desperate to keep any of them. Whether those who leave go on to do well or not, I couldn't give a poo. 

It's a complete rebuild job, but I'm sure Chansiri is sat at home somewhere in Thailand thinking of new ingenious ways to fizz it up.

Edited by striker
  • Like 2

I'd keep Urhoghide, Hunt, Penney, Brennan and I would offer Reach a deal (though he's basically said he's leaving). I would reckon Hutchinson's has had an automatic extension by now as I bet he's reached the appearances required.

I think the likes of Harris, Pelupessy and maybe even Brown and Kachunga would be great players in League One. I can tell you for a fact Marriott would score 20+ in that league (he's done it before).

But, we need to freshen up. Revitalising the squad is the only way we can bounce back first time.

I can’t see Iorfa, Windass, Bannan, Reach wanting to play in league one 

What might work in our favour with Luongo & Iorfa is that they’ve been out for so long it hopefully puts any suiters off 

I don’t want Reach to sign and I don’t think he will.

Still expect Bannan to be sold. Will be truly shocked if he plays for us in L1

Would love to keep Urhoghide, he’s a real prospect 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

NEW GK

Cameron Dawson

Luke Jackson

Liam Palmer

NEW RB

Dominic Iorfa

Osaze Urhoghide

Ciaran Brennan

NEW CB

Chey Dunkley

NEW LB

NEW LB

NEW RM

NEW RM

Fisayo Dele Bashiru

Alex Hunt

Liam Waldock

NEW CM

NEW CM

NEW LM

NEW LM

Josh Windass

Callum Paterson

NEW ST

NEW ST

I’d give Urhoghide and Hunt new deals. Same with Waldock and Brennan. 

Rest can be moved on. Don’t think Bannan will stay. Would try and offload Borner and Luongo. One is crap and the other is a crock. Try and offload one of Wildsmith and Dawson. Get a new No.1. 4 new wide players/creative players. Two new central midfielders. Two new centre forwards. Sign a proper left back and cover for Palmer. One new centre back. 

I make it 13/14 players to come in. 

With Chansiri and Paixao in control - what could possibly go wrong? 

Guest whowantstoberich
20 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Dawson and Wildsmith will end up in non league football.

They will be taking us with them if we don’t ship them out 

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion but I wouldn’t offer Harris a deal either. The only way I’d offer him a deal is if I could flip him in the transfer market and I don’t think the value he’d bring would be worth the risk.

18 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

NEW GK

Cameron Dawson

Luke Jackson

Liam Palmer

NEW RB

Dominic Iorfa

Osaze Urhoghide

Ciaran Brennan

NEW CB

Chey Dunkley

NEW LB

NEW LB

NEW RM

NEW RM

Fisayo Dele Bashiru

Alex Hunt

Liam Waldock

NEW CM

NEW CM

NEW LM

NEW LM

Josh Windass

Callum Paterson

NEW ST

NEW ST

I’d give Urhoghide and Hunt new deals. Same with Waldock and Brennan. 

Rest can be moved on. Don’t think Bannan will stay. Would try and offload Borner and Luongo. One is crap and the other is a crock. Try and offload one of Wildsmith and Dawson. Get a new No.1. 4 new wide players/creative players. Two new central midfielders. Two new centre forwards. Sign a proper left back and cover for Palmer. One new centre back. 

I make it 13/14 players to come in. 

With Chansiri and Paixao in control - what could possibly go wrong? 

Rules in League One state maximum squad size of 20 players. U21 players aren't included in the 20.

Guest wilyfox
15 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Rules in League One state maximum squad size of 20 players. U21 players aren't included in the 20.

That rule is being challenged. Will hopefully be thrown out. Can you imagine us coping with a squad of 20 with our injury woes..?

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

That rule is being challenged. Will hopefully be thrown out. Can you imagine us coping with a squad of 20 with our injury woes..?

Only 46 league games and 3 cups to play, though 😅