The final, final nail...

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Wait till Monday night after Wycombe have beaten Rotherham & we've lost to Cardiff, we'll be bottom of the league & deservedly so.

Correctamondo...we will finish bottom..and deservedl6 so

2 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Let's be honest,  Luton and Rotherham were the final nails. You simply can't lose games in that fashion against relegation rivals.

Tonight's result was the coffin hitting the bottom of the pit.

Agree, I still believed we would manage to stay up, until the Rotherham game.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

You can’t have a final final nail..it’s impossible lol

8 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

The death knell was sounded after those Luton and Rotherham results especially the manner of them. 

That was the final nail. This is the final, final nail.

• Haha 1

There are so many nails the coffin has more metal than wood.

It still staggers me that anyone still holds onto any hope of us staying up. We've been dead and buried for months... we are a hundred times more likely to finish bottom than we are to finish 21st.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Let's be honest,  Luton and Rotherham were the final nails. You simply can't lose games in that fashion against relegation rivals.

Tonight's result was the coffin hitting the bottom of the pit.

Rotherham was a shocker. I expected to win it. The coincidence of new manager bounce ought to have helped.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s done. That horrendous run of 7 defeats in a row. Losing too crap teams consistently all season. That’s what’s done us.

Left it too little too late. Perhaps if Moore was appointed in January he might have given us a fighting chance. But DC had to wait and wait and wait to find the RIGHT one.

Unfortunately I think he left it too long.

Don’t get it twisted. Chansiri is the reason we’re going down this season. His points deduction, his managerial circus, his off the field shenanigans. 

and you wonder what was RIGHT about him

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

That was the final nail. This is the final, final nail.

The final final nail may well have been on Good Friday !

But the final final final nail for Wednesday will be on Monday ! 

Put a cross of remembrance against this date !

• Haha 1

Just now, victorturner said:

Rotherham was a shocker. I expected to win it. The coincidence of new manager bounce ought to have helped.

Something seriously wrong with the club if we can’t get a new manager bounce - not once, but twice.

Even in the horrific days under Irvine we won our first three after he was appointed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Onge said:

There are so many nails the coffin has more metal than wood.

It still staggers me that anyone still holds onto any hope of us staying up. We've been dead and buried for months... we are a hundred times more likely to finish bottom than we are to finish 21st.

Easter Monday is the day of ressurrection !   Against Cardiff ??

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

So now we know this seasons shambles is all down to the Referee at Birmingham. Not the Great Leader, not the limited ability of extremely poor players, not the appointment of management who couldn't manage a Phillipino Brothel - no its the Referee at Birmingham. Pathetic !!!

I think you might have misunderstood what the phrase 'final nail' means.

The final result of a squad of players that were not up to the fight of a relegation battle, coupled with being hamstrung right from the off with the points deduction.

We've been abject all season, even in the games we've managed to take points from, I cannot think of 1 game out of the whole lot were we've actually deserved to win. 

Atrocious recruitment season on season with not one player among them having any resale value, this isn't the fault of the manager, and solely the fault of an inept chairman who will be the ruin of the club.

I think it's too broken to be fixed as it stands, literally an impossible situation. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

The final result of a squad of players that were not up to the fight of a relegation battle, coupled with being hamstrung right from the off with the points deduction.

We've been abject all season, even in the games we've managed to take points from, I cannot think of 1 game out of the whole lot were we've actually deserved to win. 

Atrocious recruitment season on season with not one player among them having any resale value, this isn't the fault of the manager, and solely the fault of an inept chairman who will be the ruin of the club.

I think it's too broken to be fixed as it stands, literally an impossible situation. 

Agreed. All down to the chairman this. All of it is a cumulation of the way we’ve been ran. 

I don't follow the argument about nails here. Any points for us today would have been a bonus. It was always likely that the 5 or 6 wins we need to stay up would have to come in the last 8 games rather than the last 9. Incidentally, if Wycombe beat Rotherham, we'll go bottom on Monday anyway as our game kicks off late. But we probably want Wycombe to win, or at least to get a point, because we need Rotherham to drop points.

I accepted relegation the day DC stupidly gave monk another season and brought in his staff

Truelly awful awful 

• Like 4