The final, final nail...

10 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

The death knell was sounded after those Luton and Rotherham results especially the manner of them. 

yes lack of fight, effort and in some matches capitulation to fellow strugglers is the perfect relegation storm 

9 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Im past caring...whilst Chansiri is at this club I'm not its as simple as that for me, I just hope our crowds are at record lows next season to actually deliver a message to this idiot, he has ruined a club that could have served him easily as a hero and all he had to do was listen and learn but he chose to do it his way and its backfired catastrophically.

Paul Merson said earlier he couldn't believe Sheffield Wednesday was heading for league one yet again with the fan base the size of the club and history with it...nice words and kind of ironic from a former Arsenal man who was one of our main rivals a long time ago.

How the mighty has fallen.

I`m with Mark on this one.....................i cannot bring myself to part with my hard earned anymore while DC is at the club..............because he IS the club.

Dont care if i`m labelled a part timer , i refuse to help finance a man who puts his own pride and ego before the club , and just for good measure , blames the fans for pretty much everything.

Under his tenure we will be a division lower complete with embarrassing points deductions and transfer embargos, no longer own our ground , maxed out on our credit cards , academy falling apart etc etc.

The bottom line is , i am ashamed of my club and what it has become.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

The sad thing is the league is so poor you only needed to be semi competent to stay up. Unfortunately we are tepid, inept, clueless, hopeless and gutless

That sure does hurt.

Being incompetent basically. 

Because I’m a pessimistic Wednesday fan, I always look at the league and think “I hope there’s 3 TERRIBLE teams” then go from there... this time we’re one of them. 

10 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Birmingham are pretty much out of sight now though as are Derby. And is there anyone who thinks this Wednesday side can win 6 out of our last 8 games?

I guess the only slim hope you can cling on to is that Rotherham and Coventry both lost but they both have winnable home games on Monday before we kick off against Cardiff 

Agreed, Brum with the points gap and the addition of Bowyer and the players at his disposal won’t be relegated now.  It will be between Coventry, Rotherham, Owls and Wycombe to go down.  

We would need Coventry and Rotherham to lose most of their remaining games and us to win most of ours.  

The good news is that other big clubs (Derby/brum) won’t be coming down with us to league 1 now so we might have more pulling power in that league than our rivals 

• Like 2

what was the first nail?

I vote for the simply financially disastrous Abdi transfer  - He should have been the missing piece post Wembley but turned out to be arguably the worst transfer on contribution v cost terms in our history 

and that list is endless with Rhodes a close 2nd 

10 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Birmingham are pretty much out of sight now though as are Derby. And is there anyone who thinks this Wednesday side can win 6 out of our last 8 games?

I guess the only slim hope you can cling on to is that Rotherham and Coventry both lost but they both have winnable home games on Monday before we kick off against Cardiff 

Rotherham have got home games to come against Wycombe and, later in the month, both Coventry and Birmingham, so there’s a fair chance that they will get enough points from those three games to pull clear.

Its getting increasingly difficult to pick 3 sides that we could still finish above, I’m afraid.

• Like 2

I really do hope that Moore is allowed to build the team how he wants it and he gets the chance to try and get us back up next season. If Chansiri gets rid of Moore it really would be bang out of order. None of this is the fault of Moore. We all know where the blame goes. 

• Like 2

Can’t look at others to fail to save us 

We’ve all had a few relegations under belt as a fan watchin Wednesday, but this feels like the most spineless, disconnected, don’t give a shiny shizzle group of players by a country mile

Pathetic team 

Mismanaged completely from top to bottom

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Can’t look at others to fail to save us 

We’ve all had a few relegations under belt as a fan watchin Wednesday, but this feels like the most spineless, disconnected, don’t give a shiny shizzle group of players by a country mile

Pathetic team 

Mismanaged completely from top

Agree completely but fixed the last bit for you.  Managers at this club have no chance with Chansiri and Paxo in charge, they are solely to blame for our situation 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

I`m with Mark on this one.....................i cannot bring myself to part with my hard earned anymore while DC is at the club..............because he IS the club.

Dont care if i`m labelled a part timer , i refuse to help finance a man who puts his own pride and ego before the club , and just for good measure , blames the fans for pretty much everything.

Under his tenure we will be a division lower complete with embarrassing points deductions and transfer embargos, no longer own our ground , maxed out on our credit cards , academy falling apart etc etc.

The bottom line is , i am ashamed of my club and what it has become.

100% mate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

this assembled rabble of a squad wouldnt improve even with pep or klopp .even divine intervention wouldnt work. 5 and a half years of an absolute car crash recruitment , hiring bad managers from carlos jos monk pulis there was never any chance it would end up well. 

Agree recruitment was awful from Abdi onwards. He turned up , played a blinder in a friendly then seemed to reveal hidden injuries.
But more recently Monk’s buying of Paterson to play upfront with Rhodes out of favour was continued right up to and including Moore’s first two matches. 

You cannot get points if you do not field a striker. The team has no conviction about winning. Anybody observing us before taking on management here ought to have seen that.

Pulis announced that Paterson was not a striker but humiliated Rhodes..crazy..but to be fair to the man, he was making the case for a recruitment drive in January. He thought DC had agreed to it. DC had a fatally muddled agreement with him.
Sadly, Moore was too inexperienced to improve on Neil T , as the new manager bounce ought to have helped us beat Rotherham and Huddersfield which might have been enough to give the team more conviction, which it obviously lacks.  He is still learning himself . 

• Like 1

A club appointing a new manager usually results in a new manager bounce, that's why clubs in trouble do it. The fact this never happens at Hillsbro speaks volumes about how toxic our club is from top to bottom. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

I'll reserve judgement 'till after the Cardiff game, but, if I'm honest I think some fat bird is belting out a Roy Orbison number.

It's Over !    

Roy Orbison

Your baby doesn't love you any more

Golden days before they end
Whisper secrets to the wind
Your baby won't be near you anymore

Tender nights before they fly
Send falling stars that seem to cry
Your baby doesn't want you any more
It's over

It breaks your heart in two
To know she's been untrue
But, oh, what will you do?
When she says to you
There's someone new
We're through, we're through

It's over, it's over, it's over

All the rainbows in the sky
Start to weep,…

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, morganowl said:

this assembled rabble of a squad wouldnt improve even with pep or klopp .even divine intervention wouldnt work. 5 and a half years of an absolute car crash recruitment , hiring bad managers from carlos jos monk pulis there was never any chance it would end up well. 

Totally agree with your car crash recruitment statement...just about everyone that we signed was an ineffective underachiever and the ones that had any talent were all crocks.
I wouldn’t put Carlos in the bad manager category though.