The final, final nail...

1 minute ago, Sova said:

I don't follow the argument about nails here. Any points for us today would have been a bonus. It was always likely that the 5 or 6 wins we need to stay up would have to come in the last 8 games rather than the last 9. Incidentally, if Wycombe beat Rotherham, we'll go bottom on Monday anyway as our game kicks off late. But we probably want Wycombe to win, or at least to get a point, because we need Rotherham to drop points.

I think the nail was referring to Birmingham’s last minute pen more than our result today

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

I think the nail was referring to Birmingham’s last minute pen more than our result today

Sure - and it was a sickener for us, especially compared to the goal we let in. But the most likely way for us to stay before today was to win 5 or 6 of our last games. That hasn't changed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sova said:

Sure - and it was a sickener for us, especially compared to the goal we let in. But the most likely way for us to stay before today was to win 5 or 6 of our last games. That hasn't changed. 

Birmingham are pretty much out of sight now though as are Derby. And is there anyone who thinks this Wednesday side can win 6 out of our last 8 games?

I guess the only slim hope you can cling on to is that Rotherham and Coventry both lost but they both have winnable home games on Monday before we kick off against Cardiff 

• Like 1

The final nails were hammered in months ago & the coffin was lowered into the grave when Pulis was appointed. Today's defeat & Birmingham's win is purely the last shovels of earth being patted down on the ground.

Im past caring...whilst Chansiri is at this club I'm not its as simple as that for me, I just hope our crowds are at record lows next season to actually deliver a message to this idiot, he has ruined a club that could have served him easily as a hero and all he had to do was listen and learn but he chose to do it his way and its backfired catastrophically.

Paul Merson said earlier he couldn't believe Sheffield Wednesday was heading for league one yet again with the fan base the size of the club and history with it...nice words and kind of ironic from a former Arsenal man who was one of our main rivals a long time ago.

How the mighty has fallen.

• Like 2

We are getting what we deserve. I don’t even feel sad about out it. I do feel anger though, anger at the embarrassing manner of our surrender. The lack of fight, the total capitulation......we are more broken than ever imo.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Something seriously wrong with the club if we can’t get a new manager bounce - not once, but twice.

Even in the horrific days under Irvine we won our first three after he was appointed.

None of the players were playing for their future - they all know they can sod off at the end of the season for another payday somewhere else. That’s been the difference this season - they’ve been doing us a favour by turning up and playing for us, not working hard to earn their money.

• Like 1

Spoiler

It started with the disastrous Monk and that continued with his four game spell against Wycombe etc. 
I don’t care who has managed us since it’s all down to the clown Monk and blame is 100% at Paxo/Chansiri for giving him the reigns.

Edited by OwlerIT
  • Haha 1

Its been building to this moment for a few seasons in truth weve cheated death like a cat, but our lives have ran out,Chairman Chan has sat on his hands far too long and done nothing until the inevitable dawned,by which time the chances were all used up.

You only have to tot up the average goals per season, per player from this seasons squad to know we will only score 38 goals in a decent season this term,the writing was on the wall before we even kicked a ball no matter who the manager was.you cant alter the stats and theyve proved to be spot on,Wenger and Ferguson wouldnt have changed those stats.

People on here slate Luhukay, but he had a transfer budget of 250K and was forced into playing kids like Thorniley and Baker to balance the overspend in transfers and wages, can we really afford players like Bannan on 27K a week in a division where the average wage is 5K?

Some fans need to wake up and smell the stench of reality before we become as massive as Chesterfield.

• Like 6

I accepted we were down a long time ago. Yesterday confirmed it. Without a doubt the most frustrating, pathetic team I've ever seen assembled in my lifetime watching Wednesday. Chansiri is to blame 100%. I'm actually tempted to ask for a refund and not bother next season because of him. I know that will hurt the club more than it will hurt him though. That's the problem, however much he loses it won't ruin him. He could run us into the ground and wind us up, never to be seen again, and would still come out of it millions of pounds richer than you or I will ever be. 

I don't think I've ever felt so helpless as a fan. 

• Like 8

I remember getting promoted from Division Three and saying to myself “ thank God that nightmares over, we’re on our way up now and will never sink to those depths again”

I should have known better... we’re Wednesday, tragedy follows us around like the grim reaper.

In fact, get that Owl off our shirt and replace it with an old guy carrying a scythe.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, victorturner said:

Rotherham was a shocker. I expected to win it. The coincidence of new manager bounce ought to have helped.

this assembled rabble of a squad wouldnt improve even with pep or klopp .even divine intervention wouldnt work. 5 and a half years of an absolute car crash recruitment , hiring bad managers from carlos jos monk pulis there was never any chance it would end up well. 

• Like 1