Clubs start to reduce season ticket prices

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Or simply make POTD prices attractive and let people actually pay cash at the turnstile to save all that fannying around having to  pre buy tickets. It's a system that worked perfectly well for decades. 

I wonder if SAG had any involvement in the amount of turnstile tickets we could sell. Don't forget we were prevented from selling any tickets in the North Stand at all for a while, pre-booked or on the day. 

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Or simply make POTD prices attractive and let people actually pay cash at the turnstile to save all that fannying around having to  pre buy tickets. It's a system that worked perfectly well for decades. 

i dont think SAG or SYP would be keen on that ......how do you segregate fans if you can just turn up and pay at  the turnstile .

Guest Therealrealist
13 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i dont think SAG or SYP would be keen on that ......how do you segregate fans if you can just turn up and pay at  the turnstile .

Why i# segragration an issue? Home fans will pay to go on home end and away fans will pay to go on away end...you seem to be looking for problems..only sheffield Derby would have to be pre pay

Just now, Therealrealist said:

Why i# segragration an issue? Home fans will pay to go on home end and away fans will pay to go on away end...you seem to be looking for problems..only sheffield Derby would have to be pre pay

its not a question of looking for problems its about why it wouldnt work . i'm pretty sure  that SAG & SYP wouldnt allow it .......why do think most if not all clubs dont have pay at the turnstiles these days ?......i'm sure they dont do it just to annoy there supporters 

35 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Does anyone think that paying cash in this covid blueandwhite world is a goer ? Because I don't 

No - I agree with you

I think using a contactless card to pay for tickets should be the way forward tho despite the current situation 

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

22 hours ago, Nero said:

You can't get away tickets for most games unless you alreafy have the points.

This has been done to death it’s possible to build your points up there are lots of games that don’t sell out.

But you can always buy tickets somewhere if you have enough money Jacob. 

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

. Worked perfectly well for decades  

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

Does anyone think that paying cash in this covid blueandwhite world is a goer ? Because I don't 

Why not? Plenty of people are still using cash. I've used cash twice today, and got my change (notes and coins), which I will use to pay for summat tomorrow. 

Edited by S36 OWL

7 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

. Worked perfectly well for decades  

No it didn't.....fans mixing in the 60/70/80s was a hooligans charter to have some "fun"....how many threads about the 70s do we have were fans say was great fun turning up and taking the home ends .

• Like 1

On 27/03/2021 at 20:13, @owlstalk said:

When was the last time our club made ANY effort to push a game?

I honestly can't remember

Must be years ago where we did anything other than just open the gates and just sit back and expect people to arrive

Zero effort over the years

Gets my back up when they do that and then the chairman keeps smashing the prices up for those who DO come

Agree but again,for this to stop those people would have to rethink things..? I often walk,or wont pay if things are over priced,or not value for money...in my opinion our current product is  ....???  well what would you put in the gap?.............

On 27/03/2021 at 08:53, T Hardy said:

Assuming we do get relegated, it would be great to see Chansiri adopt something similar. If he made season tickets £150-£250 for next season, I reckon twice as many people would buy them.

This would mean a change in approach from Chansiri though and a move away from stubbornness, so I won’t be holding my breath.

He would do the opposite  and put the prices up more and say 'we need to raise prices to buy players to get us promoted' as he did a few years ago, with the same statement, we all know how that turned out 😄

• Like 1

On 27/03/2021 at 04:18, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

164198224_ChansiriMeme9.png.fcd92259afc254b1c46d85041f853dd6.png

"What if I just bought all of their season tickets, and sold them in our club shop for double?"

#SuccessfulBusinessmanConfirmed

:Chansiri:

Edited by bobness
  • Haha 1

On 27/03/2021 at 22:21, @owlstalk said:

All the more bizarre when we have the back of the Kop looking up Herries Road 24/7 and could easily put signs up (electronic or not) advertising the next game as a big event

I wonder if anyone at the club actually is responsible for getting the word out to the people that dont' go to every game about our club in any way shape or form?

I would say the opposite,POTG ticket pricing has made it a very easy choice,NOT to attend......apart from those who would go irrespective of price.......

• Like 1

When, as a fan base, we collectively bent over and let Chansiri shaft us with huge season ticket and POTG increases, we basically demonstrated that we will stand for anything. 

Attendances remained the same or increased. Ticket prices didn't affect anything.  

After that Chansiri will correctly assume he doesn't need to give the fans any breaks as far as ticket prices are concerned.

If we win a few games  and are in the play off places, attendances will be 23 - 25 k  , no bother.

• Haha 1