Clubs start to reduce season ticket prices

Guest Therealrealist
59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

*reads the above*

*checks Ecclesfield*

*decides to book at table at The Regency Club indian*

*sees it's shut down because of the economy*

*walks away confused*

"Shut down because of the economy"🤓..it never opened..and fwiw we have been in lockdown..if it was open it wudnt be allowed...apology accepted..yer welcome 👍

3 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Why leave..it seems everywhere else is skint and all the people are downtrodden...theres no wonder John Lewis did a runner.too many negative nellies like you in this city😬

*reads the above*

*realises one shouldn't just Ecclesfield without trying it*

*plans a pub crawl round the village*

*checks the route*

*realises all the pubs in ecclesfield have closed down due to the economy*

*decides to just go to the snooker club there for a pint instead*

*notices THAT has closed too due to the economy*

*walks away confused*

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Is that why they left? Negative Nellies? I thought the store had become uneconomic. Must have read that wrong. 

Maybe john lewis reads all the forums and keeps gettin told we are all brassic lint..think i might have to move to manchester or summat..im just too positive for this city😜

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Maybe john lewis reads all the forums and keeps gettin told we are all brassic lint..think i might have to move to manchester or summat..im just too positive for this city😜

Congratulations. You have rendered me speechless. 

3 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

yeah that's exactly why John Lewis and all the other shops who have left the city have left Sheffield

That's totally why

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

yeah that's exactly why John Lewis and all the other shops who have left the city have left Sheffield

That's totally why

And there’s poor old Jeff Bezos getting pelters for ruining the High Street! I’m going to try and forward him the link to the thread so he can sleep a bit better at night. 

• Haha 1

I think it’s fair to say ticket prices are relative 

Some supporters have good incomes and are willing to pay and that’s fair enough 

Some struggle but Wednesday are such a big part of their lives they will find the money from somewhere to go

Some are Wednesday through and through but simply have other priorities in life like a family and get priced out ( although sadly are referred to sometimes as part timers)

I fall into the first category 

I can afford to go. That’s not a boast it’s just how it is

Weve all got opinions

Mine is that the price to watch a football match at Hillsborough is absolutely scandalous. It’s an embarrassment. 
We are alienating fans and it will come home to roost. Some would say it already is

• Like 2
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Yeah, John Lewis aren't opening up more stores elsewhere mate, they are closing them down, you know, because of the economic climate.

Maybe they should open one up in Ecclesfield, take advantage of some of the premises that have closed and corner the affluent market! 

35 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Why leave..it seems everywhere else is skint and all the people are downtrodden...theres no wonder John Lewis did a runner.too many negative nellies like you in this city😬

Maybe you could ask your builder mates to help out John Lewis?

lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Huddersfield Town ticket prices for Prem were as follows, and carried on into Championship after relegation (any seat)

Prices are fixed for all games meaning supporters will be able to watch Town in each of our Sky Bet Championship games for the following prices:

Adults - £30
Over-60s - £20
Under-18s - £15
Under-8s - £10

There will be NO ticket price increases on the day, but a previous booking history may be required by supporters for some fixtures.

Thank you, I'll have a look see what I can find on the impact of it. 

Guest whowantstoberich
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Do you know how many different combinations of tiers, categories, stands, memberships, age ranges etc to buy a ticket that there are currently at Sheffield Wednesday?

Someone on here worked it out recently at over 245 before he gave up and packed it in as an unbelievable exercise

I'd be genuinely gutted if someone asked the club to look at doing 10 zones, 3 bands etc etc 

Imagine being a lapsed fan who actually did fancy just attending their first game back and having to navigate THAT

Hundreds (literally) of combinations of ticketing pricing offers just to watch a match

We don't need that at all

We need a ticketing offer that's simple, that you can shout out loud to fans who have lapsed or who don't go anymore etc

£20 in - sit anywhere any stand - something like that

The last thing we need is 10 zones, 3 bands, age ranges, memberships etc etc etc

It really would not be that complicated at all.

How do you cope ordering food from a menu with all the different price options?

4 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

For some reason this thread made me think of this:

And in some ways that’s the point

it alienates fans with each other and  not just with the club

Some who have the money to go don’t seem to grasp the concept that some have difficulty making ends meet

It’s nuts

oh and by the way.... when I said I can afford to go thats because I only go to one match a season 😁😁

like I say the prices are scandalous 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

See above 👆

Pricing is one thing
Actually getting people to check the prices who don't come to matches or don't come that often is another

if the perception is complexity then you lose sales - it's literally that simple

Reducing the price but keeping 10 zones, 3 bands, memberships, categories, tiers etc - all that will do is reduce the price for those who DO go

Can't stress this enough again but the ones who don't go to games - I can absolutely guarantee you that their perception is high prices, and their experience is complexity

If the club announced a revolutionary new, simplified ticket scheme that made the national press EVERY fan in the city (and elsewhere) would know our matchday pricing. For every match.

Also. Instead of telling all away fans we've made it dear on their end because we don't want away fans at Hillsborough (as Chansiri did) buy a massive marquee, put it at the away end, encourage the away club to send their ex players to host an away day at Hillsborough. Bars and takeaway vendors INSIDE the marquee. Make it big enough for a couple of thousand.

Let's get all their money too.

So much small time thinking at Hillsboro

Guest Grandad
6 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

Thank you, I'll have a look see what I can find on the impact of it. 

You'll have to go back a few years. Their ticket prices have been amazing for ages. But it's a rugby town. Can't compare

20 minutes ago, Basement Jack said:

I think it’s fair to say ticket prices are relative 

Some supporters have good incomes and are willing to pay and that’s fair enough 

Some struggle but Wednesday are such a big part of their lives they will find the money from somewhere to go

Some are Wednesday through and through but simply have other priorities in life like a family and get priced out ( although sadly are referred to sometimes as part timers)

I fall into the first category 

I can afford to go. That’s not a boast it’s just how it is

Weve all got opinions

Mine is that the price to watch a football match at Hillsborough is absolutely scandalous. It’s an embarrassment. 
We are alienating fans and it will come home to roost. Some would say it already is

Well said mate- that's the best summary of the whole thread for me

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, mildatheart67 said:

And yet we get significantly higher gate s

It's closer than you might think. BCFC 22,483 in 18/19 (last full season). SWFC 23,867. Our gates on the way down, there's up by 5,000 or so over five years. 

It might not all be their ticketing strategy. But, to my mind, it's worth a look.